PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good stuff on ESPN NFL Matchup now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Showing how Samuel baits the qb on cover two Tog routes.

Hawkins was hilarious how he was jokingly saying Samuel watches no film

And my favorite comment by Jaws that would get some people on this board all riled is is when he said the play calling by Josh McDaniels has been "outstanding."

I love the breakdown of the TOG coverage by Samuel. Great stuff.

"Get Paid" A$ante "Show me the money" $amuel?

Last edited:
And my favorite comment by Jaws that would get some people on this board all riled is is when he said the play calling by Josh McDaniels has been "outstanding."

finally a football guy talking football and giving a legit explanation and backing it up

And as per the norm, Hoge says whatever he can to knock the Pats. Example: Jaws says "If it comes down to BB vs Rivers, it's a mismatch--advantage BB" and Hoge says "Yes, it is a mismatch, but in favor of Rivers!"

I realize SD has the edge in some match-ups today, but BB vs Rivers is NOT one of them. Guys like Hoge and Sehorn are so blatently biased against the Pats that it takes away any credibility they MAY have had. You can't just keep picking against the same team every week--it just makes you sound bitter.

And as per the norm, Hoge says whatever he can to knock the Pats. Example: Jaws says "If it comes down to BB vs Rivers, it's a mismatch--advantage BB" and Hoge says "Yes, it is a mismatch, but in favor of Rivers!"

I realize SD has the edge in some match-ups today, but BB vs Rivers is NOT one of them. Guys like Hoge and Sehorn are so blatently biased against the Pats that it takes away any credibility they MAY have had. You can't just keep picking against the same team every week--it just makes you sound bitter.

hoge may have sounded biased but if you ignore his riling up comments..he made some good pts...
the SD defense is similar to miami - 3-4 with two jason taylors instead of one. this is a key matchup today if brady needs to do something. Last week our receivers got open but our WR's have shown not to be so great against bump and run and good press coverage at the corners..remains to be seen how they play today. i know if sh*it happens the first person to be blamed will be mcdaniels for not making "adjustments" or not doing "play action"...but the chargers are a talented team too.
even the BB vs rivers is a bit overplayed..i mean jake plummer beat us,joey harrington beat us...

hoge may have sounded biased but if you ignore his riling up comments..he made some good pts...
the SD defense is similar to miami - 3-4 with two jason taylors instead of one. this is a key matchup today if brady needs to do something. Last week our receivers got open but our WR's have shown not to be so great against bump and run and good press coverage at the corners..remains to be seen how they play today. i know if sh*it happens the first person to be blamed will be mcdaniels for not making "adjustments" or not doing "play action"...but the chargers are a talented team too.
even the BB vs rivers is a bit overplayed..i mean jake plummer beat us,joey harrington beat us...

again I think we need to thank the Jets and Fins for preparing the pats for this game. The second time around the pats made adjustments to the jets. I can't see them trying to ask their pass protection to give brady more than 4-5 seconds initially. I see some quick releases to a hot route or kevin faulk similar to last weeks td. or even a te chip block and then immediately be an option as recv'r.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for the chargers defense.

Anybody else get the feeling that segment on the 'TOG' play was a setup? How often do we see so much film of the Pats sidelines, never mind with audio?

Think Rivers was watching last night when it aired at 12:30AM PST?

Damn. Is it 4:30 yet?

Anybody else get the feeling that segment on the 'TOG' play was a setup? How often do we see so much film of the Pats sidelines, never mind with audio?

Think Rivers was watching last night when it aired at 12:30AM PST?

Damn. Is it 4:30 yet?
Asante has two interceptions this season off "tog" routes, which leaves a lot of vulnerable routes he's jumped to be exploited - no, it's not 4:30 yet, try a deep tissue massage to kill some time. :cool:

1st off, San Diego is not a good bump and run / press coverage team. They simply aren't. Their corners play better lined up off the WR.

2ndly, Jake Plummer did not beat the Patriots. Neither did Harrington. The Denver and Miami defenses beat the Patriots. And the Patriots had a hand in it with their turnovers.

1st off, San Diego is not a good bump and run / press coverage team. They simply aren't. Their corners play better lined up off the WR.

2ndly, Jake Plummer did not beat the Patriots. Neither did Harrington. The Denver and Miami defenses beat the Patriots. And the Patriots had a hand in it with their turnovers.

probably right..i think our OLine is the real key considering the problems we had with denver and miami..

It might get NEM worked up into a tizzy, but not me. I have been booming Josh McDaniels for Assistant Coach of the Year. He has done so much with such young and inexperienced talent. that the Offense resembles a second year expansion franchise in everything except top ten in the league production.

Its nice to know that JAWS, who I throughly respect, agrees with my opinion.

I will always remember his post game breakdown of SB 36 in which he said that Belichick's game plan was the most impressive coaching job he had seen in all his years in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes