Welcome to PatsFans.com

Good situation for Vrabel?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by CrazyDave, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Don't know if this deserves a thread, but if not, sue me.

I recall reading somewhere that Vrabel is interested in coaching at some point.
    Would'nt going to a rebuilding team, with Pioli at the helm, be a great opportunity for Vrabel to play, mentor some younger players on the finer points of the 3-4, and get a first hand view of a franchise being built from the ground up?
  2. PATS68

PATS68 Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 5 / -1

#87 Jersey

He wants to coach at Ohio State.
  3. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Most vets despise being on a rebuilding team. If they are still able to play it becomes more about winning then making that big contract. As far as coaching, I'm sure he'd rather coach up the younger players on a winning team more then the Chiefs as they are today.
  4. redsox33

redsox33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Here's a question

If the Chiefs don't get much else out of free agency and stay in the rebuilding phase do you see him maybe deciding to say screw it and retire?
  5. tatepatsfan

tatepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I wondered about this, but I'm sure Pioli and the Chiefs met with Vrabel before the trade happened to make sure he'd be around for at least a season.
  6. redsox33

redsox33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I mean hearing that they gave him the choice between FA and the trade and that he chose the trade I would think he would be up for it. He doesn't seem like the type of a guy to quit on a team no matter what type of situation they are in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.