Welcome to PatsFans.com

Good riddance!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +165 / 4 / -4

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070206...7_oERGs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OTB1amhuBHNlYwNtdHM-

DENVER - One of four ministers who oversaw three weeks of intensive counseling for the Rev. Ted Haggard said the disgraced minister emerged convinced that he is "completely heterosexual."

Haggard also said his sexual contact with men was limited to the former male prostitute who came forward with sexual allegations, the Rev. Tim Ralph of Larkspur told The Denver Post for a story in Tuesday's edition.

"He is completely heterosexual," Ralph said. "That is something he discovered. It was the acting-out situations where things took place. It wasn't a constant thing."

Ralph said the board spoke with people close to Haggard while investigating his claim that his only extramarital sexual contact happened with Mike Jones. The board found no evidence to the contrary.
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Thats Comedy!
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Maybe there are different levels of homosexuality, but as a straight man I find the idea of sex with another man to be DISGUSTING (for myself that is, on the other hand it's quite normal for a gay person). There's no way a completely heterosexual male would have sex with another male, no matter what the circumstance.
  4. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

yes, there are many levels of sexual preference.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The good news for those of you looking to walk the line of sexuality is that the church can 'fix' you in 3 weeks!

are these people for real?
  6. Patters

Ratings:
    +165 / 4 / -4

You should really try to think of sex acts as manifestations of love (or another emotion). When you look at sex acts biologically, many of them are disgusting. However, if your disgust stems from the idea of two people of the same sex loving each other, I would think that has to do with your upbringing.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

I agree Pujo, your whole post goes for me also.

The Religion Thing:
    I believe in something but it certainly isn't these Yowling Bible Thumping Pedophile Brainwashing After your Wallet Organized Religion Bastards.

I usually worship down on my little private Ocean Beach with a small campfire and a big jug of wine and a banjo or a guitar, I bay at the moon, the Banjo is for the happy foot stomping sh!t and the Guitar is for my "Booze Ballads" I can't stand Organized Religion but I love the "Gospel Music"
    :bricks:
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I dunno Patters, I think you might have wanted to throw a smiley or two into the title of this thread. Makes it seem like you think any gay person is three weeks or so away from being 'cured.' Haggard is still exactly what he was before, which is somewhere in between completely gay and completely straight. His 'counseling' has just disguised that.

The sad part is that this goofy exorcism was probably performed by people with licenses to work as Psychiatrists. I liken it to a Surgeon intentionally removing the wrong Kidney.
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +165 / 4 / -4

Well, my title was tongue in cheek. "'Good riddance' from my perspective" might have been a more precise one. Haggard can hang out in the right-wing hetero corner along with J. Edgar Hoover and Roy Cohn.
  10. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is it better to hang out in the right wing hetero corner or the left wing homo corner?

You be the judge
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Wouldn't that depend on what you definition of sex is? What if he let the guy perform oral on him? Some men are pscycologically ok with that, whereas they'd view actual intercourse as quantifying homosexuality.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

:D
    It might be a Jesus Freak thing for him Patters.
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 5 / -22

Wasn't that Bill Clintons mantra, he did not have sex with that women.. seems to be a trend, read about a lot of BJ's in high schools.. supposedly this is "purer" than plain old screwing.

OTOH, find the whole matter beyond anything I can comprehend, what happens between Haggard and others is his and God's business and not a subject of a news story. Unbelievable..
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I believe his claims to have influence over elections, the political agenda, and most importantly...his millions of followers is what makes this a big news story.

Not even getting into the fact that they found some kind of medical miracle that 'cures' gay people in 3 weeks.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Yeah it is his business, but his business ;) is shamming dumb people out of millions of dollars.
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Remember Ann Heche? Wasn't she gay and now she's married to a man and has kids? Maybe she went to see these docs. :D
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 5 / -22

Forgot about the economics of it all, what I meant that much of this is between a man and his maker and sometimes too much info is given out.
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i prefer to seperate them into the repression corner, or the common sense corner...
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Wha...?:confused:
    You're gay if you get a hummer from a guy...period. You either get it from a guy or a girl. You're born gay or straight.
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As a matter of fact I was just thinking about her the other day. Ever notice how since she broke up with Ellen DeGeneres that she hasn't worked in any films??? Meanwhile, Ellen just keeps on truckin'. No one can tell me that Hollywood has not black-listed Ann while at the same time given Ellen every opportunity under the sun to get face time on TV, at the Oscars, etc, etc. Pretty sh!tty message: go straight and we'll get you; stay with David Geffen's way (and a host of others) and we'll keep your back.

And people wonder why the radical Muslims and the Chinese communists are so confident they will bury America.