Welcome to PatsFans.com

Good Read overall, but some insight on D-Giv's moves

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Box_O_Rocks, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001367.shtml

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +254 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

LOL, I'm glad this isn't my wife . . . "I know we're paying twice what the car is worth, dear, but I really, really want it".

:D
  3. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Good luck David having the vaunted Billy Volek throwing to you.
  4. shakadave

shakadave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Givens's greed

Another article quoted Givens's agent telling him it was a "no brainer" decision because Tennessee's offer was well above the Pats' and Houston's. It's a no-brainer only if you're greedy and money is the object. A lot has been written that Givens hadn't previously received his big payday, and now was his chance, but isn't the Pats' 17.5 million a big payday? Sure it's not as big as Tennessee's offer, but it's big nonetheless unless money is your main goal. With the Pats' 5.5 million (I think) signing bonus, couldn't Givens have bought any house in New England he wanted? Sorry David, go enjoy your riches elsewhere. You won't be getting another ring any time soon.
  5. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

First, taxes cut everything in half. Second, up until last year's RFA payday of 1.4 million, he'd received rather low pay for an NFL player. Third, he's already won two championships. Fourth, he could bust his knee in TC and see nothing but his signing bonus.

He'll never see this kind of money ever again in his life.

Lastly, if he believes in himself, he wants that opportunity in Tennessee to be a #1 receiver. Personally, I don't know how well he'll do without Branch, Faulk, Watson and Graham drawing coverage and Brady throwing, but that's the gamble he needs to take.

I don't blame him at all and I don't think he's greedy. If I had his physical talent and, for all practical purposes, no college education, I'd do the same.
  6. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I think he got a good education at Nore Dame....but I don't see him as overly greedy...and he still to me is a class act..he never once downed the Pats orag...something that both ANdruzzia dn Woody did on the way out to big pay days.
  7. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

Point taken, Pats players in general made more use of college than most of the NFL and from what I've seen, Givens is a smart, articulate guy.