PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good read on the Bills and Pats....

Status
Not open for further replies.

evans555

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Since I am a Bills fan I'll do the Bills first........http://www.walterfootball.com/season2007buf.php

2007 Season Previews

Buffalo Bills (Last Year: 7-9)

Veteran Additions:
OT Langston Walker, G Derrick Dockery, DT Darwin Walker, CB Jason Webster.
Draft Picks:
QB Trent Edwards, RB Marshawn Lynch, RB Dwayne Wright, TE Derek Schouman, DE C.J. Ah You, OLB Paul Posluszny, S John Wendling.
Major Subtractions:
RB Willis McGahee, FB Daimon Shelton, WR Andre' Davis, OT Mike Gandy, G Chris Villarrial, G Tutan Reyes, OLB Takeo Spikes, MLB London Fletcher, CB Nate Clements.

Offense This Year: No one's giving the Bills much of a chance. Some of ESPN's talking heads recently discussed how horrendous Buffalo's offseason was, projecting them to have one of the top five picks in the 2008 Draft. Many of the mock drafts across the internet have the Bills in the running for Brian Brohm, Darren McFadden, Jake Long and Calais Campbell. Everyone's doubting them. Then again, no one really talked about how hot they were at the end of the year, when they finished 5-4, scoring an average of 22.9 points per game the final seven weeks of the campaign. And that was not simply smoke and mirrors; Buffalo beat the Jets and Jaguars, and nearly knocked off the Colts, Chargers and Ravens.

The main reason for the Bills' late-season surge was the dramatic improvement of J.P. Losman. During that seven-week span, Losman completed more than 65 percent of his passes four times, tossed at least two touchdowns the same amount and compiled more than 230 yards thrice. In November and December, Losman threw 13 scores to only eight picks. It took him a while, but Losman has become a legitimate starting quarterback in this league.

One of the best players in the NFL that no one talks about is Lee Evans. The fourth-year wide out recorded 82 receptions, 1,292 receiving yards and eight touchdowns in 2006. He notched those numbers with a struggling quarterback the first two months of the season, and finished really strong, including a 265-yard performance at Houston on Nov. 19. It's just too bad Evans doesn't have a legitimate No. 2 wide out by his side; Peerless Price, Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish are as mundane and mediocre as it gets. Losman could also use a decent, pass-catching tight end. I have no idea why Marv Levy didn't sign or draft one.

Another Bill who will help Losman is rookie running back Marshawn Lynch. I'm often skeptical of first-year players, but Lynch seems to have the talent to eclipse the 1,000-yard rushing plateau, which is something Willis McGahee failed to do in 2006. Even if Lynch isn't as great as all the draft gurus project him to be, he still should have a fair amount of success behind Buffalo's stout and deep offensive front. The line, led by left tackle Jason Peters, is as biggest and meanest the NFL has to offer. Lynch will have tons of running room on the left side, as Peters and guard Derrick Dockery will pave the way. Newly signed Langston Walker is an upgrade over Terrance Pennington at right tackle, and should definitely help decrease Losman's sack total of 47.

Defense This Year: Although I think most of the media is wrong about their assessment of the Bills, I can't really blame them for thinking and speaking negatively. After all, Buffalo lost three key players on defense - Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher and Nate Clements - but really didn't do anything via free agency to fill those holes.

Sure, Clements is gone. The 49ers gave him 5.6 trillion dollars, so the Bills had no shot at matching that deal. I still would have franchised Clements, even though this would have created an Asante Samuel-type situation, given that Marvy Levy promised Clements he wouldn't place a tag on him. But that's history. What is Buffalo going to do at the cornerback position? Well, one of the few moves they made was sign Jason Webster, who will start across from the underrated Terrence McGee. Ashton Youboty, last year's third-round pick, should see more action as a reserve, as will Kiwaukee Thomas and Jabari Greer. Has Buffalo's cornerbacking corps gotten worse with Clements gone? Of course. Is it as horrible as everyone is making it out to be? Definitely not.

As I mentioned earlier, the linebacking unit was also hit by free agency. While Buffalo did nothing except spend a second-round pick on a replacement, I'm pretty confident the team won't suffer much of a setback. The selection I'm referring to was that of Paul Posluszny, who would have been a top-10 prospect if it wasn't for a knee injury he suffered about 18 months ago. Posluszny wasn't 100 percent last season, but he definitely will be come Kickoff Sunday. He's currently penciled in as the starting middle linebacker. Angelo Crowell, who is two seasons removed from 119 tackles, will start at strong side. Meanwhile, the weak side looks to be occupied by Keith Ellison, who was drafted in the sixth round a year ago. Ellison started six contests for Buffalo, and the coaching staff seems to like him. He notched 65 tackles as a rookie.

The rest of the stop unit that limited opposing offenses to 19.4 points per game has remained intact. The defensive line is led by Aaron Schobel, who collected 14 sacks in 2006. At the other defensive end position, Chris Kelsay and Ryan Denney combined for 11.5 sacks in what seemed like an effective rotation. If Schobel, Kelsay and Denney keep putting a good amount of pressure on opposing quarterbacks, safeties Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson should experience an increase in interceptions. As rookies last year, both were effective, but obviously inexperienced. Whitner and Simpson will be even better in 2007.

One problem the Bills had was their inability to stop the run; they were ranked 30th in that category last year. While injuries and a pair of rookie safeties can be blamed for that awful statistic, I have no choice but to look at the defensive tackle position. Larry Tripplett was largely ineffective, and first-year Kyle Williams simply was overmatched at times. The Bills drafted John McCargo with a first-round pick in the 2006 Draft, but he was hurt the entire season, so it remains to be seen if he can be an improvement over either Tripplett or Williams. Buffalo signed Darwin Walker, but it looks like he'll be let loose soon.

Schedule and Intangibles: Kicker Rian Lindell had another great year, converting 10-of-12 attempts from beyond 40 yards. ... Brian Moorman nailed a whopping 33 punts inside the opponents' 20-yard line and still maintained an average of 43.6. Very impressive. ... Terrence McGee and Roscoe Parrish have returned a combined five kickoffs or punt returns for touchdowns the previous three seasons. ... This may sound odd, but Buffalo is nearly unbeatable in October and November home games. Maybe the cold, dark, gray, windy afternoons at Orchard Park have something to do with it; they were 3-1 last year in such contests. ... Talk about unfair: The first half of Buffalo's season looks like this: Denver, at Pittsburgh, at New England, Jets, Dallas, Baltimore, at Jets and Cincinnati. Someone in the league scheduling office must hate Levy.

Additional Reading: Endless Banter coming soon.

Positional Rankings (0-4 stars): Quarterbacks Offensive Line Secondary
Running Backs Defensive Line Special Teams
Receivers Linebackers Coaching

Divisional Rival History:
Miami Dolphins: One of the rare rivalries where the better team almost always wins. Buffalo has claimed five of the past six battles.
New England Patriots: Domination. The Patriots have won 12 of the last 13 meetings.
New York Jets: Although the visiting teams each won last year, this is a home-dominated rivalry; the host has claimed seven of the past nine.

Fantasy Football:
J.P. Losman: Lacking receivers with talent beyond Lee Evans, J.P. Losman won't put up huge numbers.
Projected Stats: 3,300 passing yards. 21 passing TDs. 125 rushing yards. 1 rushing TD.
Projected Fantasy Points: 309.

Marshawn Lynch: My pick to win Offensive Rookie of the Year. Marshawn Lynch is already the starter and will have the luxury of running behind one of the largest offensive lines in the game.
Projected Stats: 1,400 rushing yards. 150 receiving yards. 11 total TDs.
Projected Fantasy Points: 221.

Robert Royal: Not really much of a factor in fantasy football.
Projected Stats: 225 receiving yards. 3 TDs.
Projected Fantasy Points: 40.

Lee Evans: One of the top wide outs in the NFL, Lee Evans caught 82 passes for 1,292 yards and eight touchdowns last year. He's averaged eight scores throughout his career.
Projected Stats: 1,325 receiving yards. 9 total TDs.
Projected Fantasy Points: 186.

Roscoe Parrish: Disappointing. I don't expect much improvement.
Projected Stats: 450 receiving yards. 3 TDs.
Projected Fantasy Points: 63.

Peerless Price: Should have never left Buffalo the first time around.
Projected Stats: 400 receiving yards. 3 TDs.
Projected Fantasy Points: 58.

Rian Lindell: An excellent kicker in fantasy football, Rian Lindell is 20-of-25 from beyond 40 yards the past two years, including 5-of-5 from 50-plus.
Projected Stats: 26-29 FG (3-3 50+). 36 XP.
Projected Fantasy Points: 127.

Buffalo Defense: Like the Jets, Buffalo has a solid defense but just doesn't put up the numbers you want in fantasy football. Worth starting against Miami (Weeks 10 and 14), Washington (Week 13) and Cleveland (Week 15).
Projected Fantasy Ranking: Spot-Starting Defense.

Analysis: Unlike 99 percent of all football fans living outside of Buffalo, I don't think the Bills are going to finish with a losing record. I think they're an extremely underrated team. Unfortunately, they have one of the toughest first-half schedules I've ever seen. If they start 2-6, they might not be able to climb out of that hole.

Projection: 8-8 (3rd in the AFC East)

Last edited:
2007 Season Previews

New England Patriots (Last Year: 12-4)

Veteran Additions:
RB Sammy Morris, WR Randy Moss, WR Donte' Stallworth, WR Wes Welker, WR Kelley Washington, TE Kyle Brady, OLB Adalius Thomas, CB Tory James.
Draft Picks:
OT Clint Oldenburg, DT Kareem Brown, ILB Oscar Lua, CB Mike Richardson, S Brandon Meriweather.
Major Subtractions:
RB Corey Dillon, RB Patrick Pass, WR Troy Brown, TE Daniel Graham, OLB Tully Banta-Cain, ILB Don Davis, P Ken Walter.

Offense This Year: ProFootballTalk.com is one of my favorite Web sites and I read it every day. However, they recently wrote something that left me speechless. While I certainly respect their opinion, because unlike most of the so-called experts on TV, they actually know what they're talking about, I have to completely disagree with their assessment of Tom Brady.

They recently said that Kurt Warner had a better resume than Brady in terms of being ranked in the top 25 players in the past 25 years, because Warner won a regular-season MVP, and Brady had the luxury of having an excellent defense behind him. Here's my problem with that statement: Warner had Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce. When Brady won his first Super Bowl, he was surrounded by the likes of Antowain Smith, Troy Brown and David Patten. Even Brady's top weapons - Deion Branch, David Givens and Corey Dillon - were nowhere even close to Warner's arsenal. The fact that Brady has three rings and nearly defeated the Super Bowl champion Colts with Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell puts him over every quarterback in the past 25 years, with the exception of Joe Montana and perhaps John Elway.

Brady won't have to worry about Gaffney's inconsistency and Caldwell's butter fingers anymore. After watching the latter botch the AFC Championship Game, Bill Belichick decided to trade for Randy Moss and Wes Welker, and sign Donte' Stallworth and Kelley Washington. Moss is still one of the top wide outs in the NFL, and is clearly underrated right now because he's had Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter throwing to him in Oakland. While he's had his share of off-the-field and work-ethic issues, New England is one of two places (Indianapolis) in the NFL where Moss can thrive without getting into trouble. Stallworth, who played well for the Eagles last year, will be an exceptional No. 2 option.

Brady still has Ben Watson and Kevin Faulk as a safety valve, but the player I'm most intrigued by is Laurence Maroney, who compiled 745 rushing yards on only 175 carries. With Dillon gone, Maroney will get most of the workload. I wouldn't be surprised if he records 1,500 yards on the ground this season. It helps that he'll be running behind one of the top offensive lines in the game; Brady was sacked only 26 times in 2006. Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Steve Neal and Nick Kaczur will all be together for another year.

Defense This Year: Other than Caldwell's dropped passes, the reason why the Colts were able to mount a comeback against New England was the Patriots' lack of depth on the stop unit. The entire defense was gassed during the most crucial moments of the AFC Championship, allowing Peyton Manning to piece together a memorable fourth quarter that silenced his critics about his inability to win in the postseason. In response, Belichick adopted the adage, "If you can't beat 'em, sign players who can."

I already talked about the additions New England made on offense. One of its biggest signings was at the linebacker position, as the team agreed to a deal with Adalius Thomas, a Pro Bowl-caliber defender who has been with the Ravens since 2000. Thomas will be a welcome addition to a corps that is already comprised of Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel and Rosevelt Colvin. Junior Seau will be a solid reserve, but I still think New England could use one more quality backup at the position. They better hope no one suffers a serious injury.

Another acquisition the Patriots made will help the secondary; they added cornerback Tory James from the Bengals. At age 34, James is way too old to start, but he can still be an effective backup. However, there's a problem which I'm sure you're aware of. New England's No. 1 corner, Asante Samuel, who often steps it up in the playoffs, has threatened to hold out. Hopefully Samuel is aware of what happened to Deion Branch, and that everyone on the Patriots, with the exception of Brady, is expendable. If Samuel follows Branch's path, the secondary could be exposed, given that James or Chad Scott will be asked to play more than they should. At least the safety position's not an issue; Eugene Wilson's a solid defensive back, Rodney Harrison has recovered from injury-ridden campaign and rookie Brandon Meriweather will be able to start if someone gets hurt.

One area Patriots fans won't have to worry about is the defensive line. Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour are as good as it gets. While the team will undoubtedly miss the late Marquise Hill in more ways than one, the front is still packed with talented reserves who can step in at any moment.

Schedule and Intangibles: I was concerned about Adam Vinatieri's departure. Rookie Stephen Gostkowski hit 20-of-26 attempts in 2006, but only 3-of-5 were from beyond 40 yards. Hopefully Gostkowski will give Belichick a reason to believe he can hit field goals more accurately from that distance. ... New England surrendered two touchdowns on special teams and only scored one themselves, which is why it signed Wes Welker, one of the top return men in the league. ... The Patriots are nearly unbeatable at home, possessing a 31-6 record the previous four seasons. ... New England has one of the toughest schedules in the NFL; Brady and Belichick will battle San Diego, Cincinnati, Dallas, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and the Jets twice.

Additional Reading: Endless Banter coming soon.

Positional Rankings (0-4 stars): Quarterbacks Offensive Line Secondary
Running Backs Defensive Line Special Teams
Receivers Linebackers Coaching

Divisional Rival History:
Buffalo Bills: Domination. The Patriots have won 12 of the last 13 meetings.
Miami Dolphins: It's amazing how much the visiting team struggles in this heated rivalry (host has won eight of 11). New England always melts in the Miami sun, while the Dolphins have a habit of freezing to death at frigid Foxboro.
New York Jets: Despite the Jets' 17-14 victory in Foxboro last season, the Patriots have claimed eight of the past nine matchups.

Fantasy Football:
Tom Brady: Over the past three seasons, Tom Brady has averaged 3,775 yards and 26 touchdowns. With much better weapons at his disposal, it's not unreasonable to expect those numbers to experience a significant increase.
Projected Stats: 4,100 passing yards. 28 passing TDs. 70 rushing yards. 0 rushing TDs.
Projected Fantasy Points: 380.

Laurence Maroney: An excellent mixture of power and speed, Laurence Maroney rushed for 745 yards at a 4.3 clip. Now the full-time starter, Maroney's stats will also improve tremendously.
Projected Stats: 1,450 rushing yards. 250 receiving yards. 19 total TDs.
Projected Fantasy Points: 284.

Ben Watson: Ben Watson experienced a surge in yardage (643) but only scored thrice in 2006. A second-tier tight end.
Projected Stats: 700 receiving yards. 4 TDs.
Projected Fantasy Points: 94.

Randy Moss: After beginning his career with six 1,200-yard seasons, the closest Randy Moss has come to hitting that plateau is 1,005 yards in 2005. Keep in mind that Kerry Collins, Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks were throwing him the ball the past two years.
Projected Stats: 1,200 receiving yards. 10 total TDs.
Projected Fantasy Points: 180.

Donte' Stallworth: If Donte' Stallworth can stay healthy, he'll be an incredible No. 2 option for Tom Brady.
Projected Stats: 750 receiving yards. 4 TDs.
Projected Fantasy Points: 99.

Wes Welker: Unless your league counts points on special teams, Wes Welker's not worth drafting; his actual value is far greater than his fantasy value.
Projected Stats: 500 receiving yards. 3 TDs.
Projected Fantasy Points: 68.

Stephen Gostkowski: Not worth drafting until he proves he can consistently hit long field goals.
Projected Stats: 22-29 FG (1-2 50+). 48 XP.
Projected Fantasy Points: 119.

New England Defense: The Patriots accumulated 44 sacks and 22 interceptions in 2006. Both figures will rise with Adalius Thomas on board.
Projected Fantasy Ranking: Top 10 Defense.

Analysis: It seems like everyone in the media is picking the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. Will my season previews differ? You'll be able to see my playoff projections in two weeks. For now, I'll just say that a division championship and a first-round bye are more than likely.

Projection: 13-3 (1st in the AFC East)

2007 Season Preview - Awards

MVP: Tom Brady, Patriots
Tom Brady has never had anyone as talented as Randy Moss at receiver. It can even be argued that Donte' Stallworth is superior to every New England wide out since Terry Glenn. Deion Branch was nice, but he didn't do much in Seattle (53 receptions, 725 yards in 14 games). David Givens had eight catches in Tennessee last year. David Patten hasn't accomplished anything since leaving Foxboro. Moss and Stallworth are clearly a cut above those wide outs.

With Brady's arsenal much stronger than it ever was, I think we can assume that the three-time Super Bowl champion will break all of his single-season records. If New England finishes with a 13-3 record, Brady will win the MVP.

Most Passing Yards: Peyton Manning, Colts
Already a safe bet to win this award, Peyton Manning should be able to put up at least 4,300 passing yards. With Cato June, Nick Harper, Jason David and Montae Reagor all gone, Indianapolis' defense will have even more trouble stopping teams from scoring. Thus, Manning will be forced to throw more often.

Most Rushing Yards: Frank Gore, 49ers
Frank Gore almost won the rushing title last year, totaling 1,695 yards on just 312 carries. Imagine what he'll be able to do with 350 rushing opportunities. The reason Gore's carry total was so low was because the team often fell behind, especially in the earlier parts of the year. The defense has been strengthened this offseason, so the 49ers consequently will be able to run the ball more.

Most Receiving Yards: Steve Smith, Panthers
Steve Smith is one year removed from 103 receptions, 1,563 yards and 12 touchdowns. His numbers dropped a bit because he missed the first two games of the season, and Jake Delhomme struggled because half of his offensive line was on the IR. If Smith stays healthy and Delhomme reverts back to his former self, the former will garner the most receiving yards in the NFL.

Most Sacks: Shawne Merriman, Chargers
Let's review Shawne Merriman's 2006 campaign - he missed four starts because of a suspension and collected a whopping 17 sacks. That's 17 sacks in 12 games! How is that even possible? Merriman could break Michael Strahan's single-season sack record in 2007.

Most Interceptions: Champ Bailey, Broncos
I don't get it. If you're a quarterback, and you see Champ Bailey on one side of the field, why in the world would you throw it toward him? Almost every single NFL signal caller who played the Broncos in 2006 was guilty of that sin. That's why Bailey tied Asante Samuel for the most interceptions (10) in the NFL last year.

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Marshawn Lynch, Bills
Marshawn Lynch will be the opening-day starter for the Bills, and will have the luxury of running behind a huge offensive line. Running backs make the quickest transition into the NFL, and Lynch is the only rookie who's guaranteed a starting gig.

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Jamaal Anderson, Falcons
Unlike Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson will be starting on Day 1. With teams concerned about John Abraham, Anderson seems like he could be poised for a double digit-sack campaign.

Most Improved Quarterback: J.P. Losman, Bills
If ESPN paid more attention to the Bills, more people would be talking about how much J.P. Losman improved over the course of the 2006 season. He completed 62.5 percent of his passes, threw 19 touchdowns and commanded an offense that averaged 25.5 points per game Weeks 11-16 (the Bills played the Ravens Week 17). I don't see any reason why anyone should think that Losman's progression will come to a halt.

Most Improved Running Back: DeAngelo Williams, Panthers
Almost all of DeAngelo Williams' production - 501 rushing yards, 303 receiving yards - came in the final eight weeks of the season. I think he'll assume a larger role in Carolina's offense, replacing the oft-injured DeShaun Foster.

Most Improved Receiver: D.J. Hackett, Seahawks
D.J. Hackett finished well in 2006, catching 19 passes for 291 yards and two touchdowns the final four weeks of the season. With Darrell Jackson gone, Hackett will undoubtedly win the starting gig over the disappointing and lethargic Nate Burleson.

Most Improved Defensive Linemen: Tamba Hali, Chiefs
I think Tamba Hali has the talent and work ethic to be a perennial double-digit sack producer in the NFL. Considering that nearly half of his eight sacks came during the final three weeks of his rookie campaign, Hali is poised for a dominant 2007 season.

Most Improved Linebacker: Freddie Keiaho, Colts
No one heard of Cato June when he stepped into Indianapolis' starting lineup. June went on to attend the Pro Bowl and sign a huge contract with Tampa Bay. Now, Freddie Keiaho will be taking June's place. Tony Dungy has a knack for turning sub-par players into solid ones.

Most Improved Defensive Back: Gerald Sensabaugh, Jaguars
When the Jaguars released former Pro Bowler Donovin Darius, they either lost their mind or liked Gerald Sensabaugh enough to do it. Despite what other members of the media who used to play professional football will lead you to believe, Sensabaugh actually started nine games in his first two NFL seasons.

The espn comment might be the best quote as a bills fan:D

"Warner won a regular-season MVP, and Brady had the luxury of having an excellent defense behind him"

The problem here is Warner had a much higher ranked defense behind him the year the Pats beat them in the Super Bowl.

"Warner won a regular-season MVP, and Brady had the luxury of having an excellent defense behind him"

The problem here is Warner had a much higher ranked defense behind him the year the Pats beat them in the Super Bowl.

PFT's comparison of Warner and TB is a joke. in 1999 and 2001 Warner had a very talented offense at his disposal accompanied by a great D. A good D and a healthy Faulk allowed them to play a balanced attack, thus giving Warner room to operate and keep the D off balance. In 2000 they made the playoffs, but the Rams' D stunk and Warner needed to heave it up constantly just to stay in games. Faulk and Warner were both hurt in 2000 so without an adequete running threat, team played the pass and the result was 18 INTs for Warner.

I'm way too bias to Brady, but in the effort to stay even-tempered it is obvious that Brady does more with less and has had a much more productive, longer, sucessful career. People forget that in 2002, our D stunk, A. Smith didnt run as hard and Brady carried the offense and put up great numbers.

If the D can be solid, the running game be productive so that the offfense is balanced with these WRs, this could be a 1986 Larry Bird type of year where not only does TB put up the monster numbers but brings home the hardware as well.

My .02$

Last edited:
19 TDs for Maroney? Super Bowl here we come!

19 TDs for Maroney? Super Bowl here we come!

I'm not sure he'll get 19 TDs, but because he is such a presense in the passing game, there is no reason he can't get 10-12 rushing TDs and 4-5 passing TDs.

He could come close....

Very thorough and even-handed write-up. I see no reason why the Bills can't finish second in the AFCE.

i love their preview...

13-3...and their play-offs scenario...

Last edited:
Good post e555 (though Ian gets nasty notes about copyright from time to time if we post too much of the article, a summary with a couple of key paragraphs and a link is a good target to shoot for - wish I hit it more often myself), thanks! I'm one who believes the Bills will be a tough battle and that J.P. is getting steadily better under Jauron's influence. The AFCE has a tough schedule (based on last year's results) and that could prove to be the Bills' downfall, but they'll go down swinging from what I can see.

Brady won't have to worry about Gaffney's inconsistency and Caldwell's butter fingers anymore. After watching the latter botch the AFC Championship Game, Bill Belichick decided to trade for Randy Moss and Wes Welker, and sign Donte' Stallworth and Kelley Washington.

I am so F-ing tired of this nonsense. This isn't true. Caldwell doesn't have "butter fingers" and he didn't "botch" the AFC Championship Game, and he didn't somehow cause or lead to Belchick's taking advantage of the relative availability of playmaking WRs like Moss, Welker and Stallworth. Don't let the myths take hold. And certainly let's not encourage them by letting crap like that fly, unchecked. Please.

And someone also must mention that, in hindsight, Warner's career was much more the mirage than Brady's was. Look at what happened after 2001.

And someone also must mention that, in hindsight, Warner's career was much more the mirage than Brady's was. Look at what happened after 2001.

In fairness to Warner, NE (along with Tampa Bay) exposed the pass protection flaw in Martz' offense. He just got the crap kicked out of him over the next season and was never the same.

Who knows what would have happened had pass protection actually been a priority.

In fairness to Warner, NE (along with Tampa Bay) exposed the pass protection flaw in Martz' offense. He just got the crap kicked out of him over the next season and was never the same.

Who knows what would have happened had pass protection actually been a priority.

Funny thing about Warner....for those three years, he was as an accurate passer as I've ever seen, hitting guys in stride right in the hands.

Then he broke his thumb and was more scatter-armed.

Then he got concussed, and really was gun-shy after that.

Really, without the MVP, which really should have gone to Faulk, there's not a whole lot distinguishing him from Tony Eason. You know, besides the fact that Eason was a first round pick and Warner was undrafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots