Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Thought this was interesting:

“We used to have a lot of battles, when he was with the Jets and I was here. He would come in the slot and kind of follow me around there for a few years. He’s one of the best I’ve been against, definitely a great player. You can tell he really studies his opponent and really gets to know them. He’s a very, very strong guy. You try and mix it up with him, he’s just one of those super-natural really strong guys. You’re like ‘Dang, I really can’t do anything against this guy right now.’ He’s a great player and we’ll definitely have our work cut out for us. Hopefully he follows Demaryius [Thomas] around whenever we play them.”

Some other stuff too from this piece from Reiss:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4764614/welkers-perspective-on-facing-revis

Thought this was interesting:

“We used to have a lot of battles, when he was with the Jets and I was here. He would come in the slot and kind of follow me around there for a few years. He’s one of the best I’ve been against, definitely a great player. You can tell he really studies his opponent and really gets to know them. He’s a very, very strong guy. You try and mix it up with him, he’s just one of those super-natural really strong guys. You’re like ‘Dang, I really can’t do anything against this guy right now.’ He’s a great player and we’ll definitely have our work cut out for us. Hopefully he follows Demaryius [Thomas] around whenever we play them.”

Some other stuff too from this piece from Reiss:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4764614/welkers-perspective-on-facing-revis

Thanks for the link. Nice article.

Reactions: Ian
I heard this on the radio and thought welker handled himself with everything extremely well. I liked him talking about Revis and then him talking about the "Kentucky derby" scandal. Very complimentary about the pats while also seeming pretty confident about the broncos chances. Edit:I forgot about his banter back and forth between friends on other teams, prett funny stuff. Anyway Good interview and good read thanks!

Man, I still can't believe Revis is a Patriot..

giphy.gif

Exciting to think about what this D can do this year... if we stay healthy, this can be the beginning of a beautiful balance. (And with Tom playing into his 40s, based on his own ideal situation and Joe Montana's urging... what's not to like?)

Demariyus Thomas is going to experience a world of frustration trying to get separation from Revis. It's going to be a joy to watch.

d%#*!@t. Now I'm really getting psyched. There's the whole win-everything thing, but now you're throwing in Manning Face again...

s-PEYTON-MANNING-large.jpg

watch-peyton-manning-just-broke-down-crying-at-his-goodbye-press-conference.jpg

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

n-PEYTON-MANNING-PAPA-JOHNS-ROBBED-large570.jpg

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

ec147b232cf75c85bc2228a23afc0b5f.jpg

Always a joy to read the musings of Wes Welker.... I miss him as much off the field as I do on the field.

Welker had some productive games vs Revis. A regular season home game comes to mind when Moss was basically shut down.

a healthy revis is special.....quick, fast, strong, agile....best cb since deion, at least....and more physical too

a healthy revis is special.....quick, fast, strong, agile....best cb since deion, at least....and more physical too

The only bad thing about Deion is that he would shy away from tackling. Revis doesn't do that.

Welker had some productive games vs Revis. A regular season home game comes to mind when Moss was basically shut down.
Revis never covered Welker when Moss was on the Patriots

The only bad thing about Deion is that he would shy away from tackling. Revis doesn't do that.
Shy away is being generous, he literally REFUSED to tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back