PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good possiblitly we lose Givens and Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
who would have thunk it..hinsight is 20/20 and the Deion thing will get resolved one way or the other next week, but we could be looking at having the yr with Reche Caldwell and Troy Brown as our 1 and 2 guys, while Deion could be catching passes for the Eagles, Bills and maybee the Jets...

Great. The Pats got all they could have wished for and more out of their (small, wise) investments.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
who would have thunk it..hinsight is 20/20 and the Deion thing will get resolved one way or the other next week, but we could be looking at having the yr with Reche Caldwell and Troy Brown as our 1 and 2 guys, while Deion could be catching passes for the Eagles, Bills and maybee the Jets...

I'm a big believer that we need WR depth even if we HAD Branch in camp - but I also believe that someway, somehow, with Branch or without, the team will not only survive, but can do very well

The Patriots have created a scenario that I believe is designed to bring the Branch situation to a resolution one way or another

EITHER Branch and his agent find a team willing to trade a high pick (and maybe a player as well) AND meet Branch's high salary demands in a new contract

OR

Branch and his agent discover (*gasp*) the market demand for his services isn't as high as he thought, and that most teams aren't willing to pay him dramatically more than what Wayne got in his new contract.

Once they realize that, resigning with the Pats will look all the better.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
...Deion could be catching passes for the Eagles, Bills and maybee the Jets...
Why on earth would we trade Branch within the division?

I dont really give a damn if Bam Childress is the "starter". Brady spreads the ball unlike no other. Can you cram it into your brain somehow or another?

Even though Brady is the best, he won't be able to complete

passes to wide receivers who can't get off the line and aren't

able to get open.

Kdo5 said:
I dont really give a damn if Bam Childress is the "starter". Brady spreads the ball unlike no other. Can you cram it into your brain somehow or another?

Well said Kdo.Brady has a nack for finding whoever is open.IMHO even is we do bring Branch back.Will he become an Issue?Will he play with the same heart and desire?Will he be willing to go over the middle as he did before?These are the types of questions that come to mind.At this point,with all the garbage he has given this team.I say let him go as if he were never here and don't look back.We have a very excellent looking backfield with still yet a very appealing group of recievers.Let us not forget we have Watson,Mills.Brown,Graham,.Let the bastird go...Let us move on and realize we cannot be on top forever.

I agree that there is a good possibility we might lose Givens. I don't think we'll be able to keep Christain Fauria, Tim Dwight or Andre Davis, either.

Jimke said:
Even though Brady is the best, he won't be able to complete

passes to wide receivers who can't get off the line and aren't

able to get open.
Guess we may find out. And I bet he still has one of his better years.

jaychamp said:
Guess we may find out. And I bet he still has one of his better years.

As Pats1 pointed out in another thread, this is the unit a younger, less-tested Brady won SB 36 with:

"The active roster at WR for XXXVI was Brown, Patten, Johnson, Coleman, and Farris.

Glenn was suspended.

Torrance Small, Bert Emanuel, and Curtis Jackson lasted 2 games each."

---and the TE's were Wiggins, Rutledge and A. Love. And our RB's were A. Smith, Faulk and JR Redmond.

Will someone tell me why they might be worried about our "depleted" WR corps hurting our offense?

To sum up:

Our WR unit today (without Branch) is better than 2001's.

Our TE unit today isn't even in the same galaxy as 2001's.

Our RB unit today isn't in the same UNIVERSE as 2001's.

Any questions?

shmessy said:
To sum up:

Any questions?
I have one.

Isn't our O-line and D-line better this year?

jaychamp said:
I have one.

Isn't our O-line and D-line better this year?

To continue:

Our OL isn't even in the same...GALAXY as 2001's.

Our DL isn't even in the same...UNIVERSE as 2001's.

Wait...now we're going to lose Givens too? Son of a *****!!

pats1 said:
To continue:

Our OL isn't even in the same...GALAXY as 2001's.

Our DL isn't even in the same...UNIVERSE as 2001's.
OK, I have another question.

What about Brady compared to then and now?

Oh yeah, but we're all just drinking the koolaid.

shmessy said:
To sum up:

Any questions?

Why the comparisons to one of the least talented SB champtions?? to a team that BB has said that he was surprised to win a SB with???

shmessy said:
Oh yeah, but we're all just drinking the koolaid.

Agreed. With this logic we would be talking about how the Patriots plan to make it four consecutive Super Bowl titles. This team right now isn't as good as it was two years ago.

huskeralk said:
Wait...now we're going to lose Givens too? Son of a *****!!
I know, that was the realization that was so stunning about all this, I'm gad I missed most of today if this is how things are going. :(

Miguel said:
Why the comparisons to one of the least talented SB champtions?? to a team that BB has said that he was surprised to win a SB with???

I have to agree. It's actually been really annoying.

Hey, the Ravens won the Superbowl with Trent Dilfer, dump Brady and save money! 2001 was a special team, they weren't all that talented but they just wanted it that much more than the others. That doesn't mean we can always get away with that. (ref: See 2002!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back