Welcome to PatsFans.com

Good People are Good. Bad People are Bad.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Dec 13, 2007.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +546 / 7 / -9

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/holiday-greetings-spark-subway-brawl/20071213072209990001

A Muslim (Just for you, Harry - though the "leftist media" didn't indicate he was a "smelly Muslim," although I know you think that's the proper citation,) saves 3 Jews from 10 Christians who are p i s s e d off that one of them said "Happy Hannukah." Bad people (including Jews) watched, bad people (who happened to tbe Christians) attacked. A good person (who happened to be Muslim) did the right thing.

Maybe we should just worry about who is good and who is not. Like Santa Claus. Well, except that "naughty" or "nice" can come in any confessional group.

Just to tease the link...

PFnV
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

great thread... undeniable premise...

obligatory intolerant, ignorant spin to follow...
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +118 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

That could be true NEM, but I blame Ralph Nader more than anyone else for allowing this walking obcenity to sit in the oval office. Thousands died because of his ego, in a war that shouldn't have happened. At least Bush can plead ignorance (maybe) Nader can't it was all ego driven. And to think he was going to split the vote again is inconcivable. (i know i spelled that one wrong) But he was,and denied that his running had anything to do with Gore losing.
  4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't be silly... there's nothing "covert" about the anti-Semitism in this forum... people like Maverick are quite open about their hatred for Israel and Jews...
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +97 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

I think the obvious Jewish hatred comes from the left side of the congressional aisle.

All you have to do is look at what Lieberman's own party did to him. I hate them because they hate me.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Anti Semitism = Anti Israel? Isn't that a stretch? Was the guy getting attacked from Israel?
  7. scott c

scott c Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

PC's choice of words cracks me up...........half the people on here dont know what he just said.......or meant....:singing:
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 11 / -27

Not a big fan of Lieberman, does that make me one who hates Jews... as usual this comment is a bit of a stretch.. blame it on the left or the right, either side at one particular time of the day someone is responsible.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Gore lost because he was a lousy candidate for president. Also, he made the critical mistake of distancing himself from Clinton, making the republican led impeachment look legit. He lost to barely sentient, morally bankrupt idiot. The Nader cut into the vote should not have mattered. How the hell did Bush beat Kerry? Because the Dem Party was too puzzy to go for the throat. Don't blame Nader.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Try reading the opening post of the thread.
  11. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +546 / 7 / -9

Hey Scott? I've bitterly blasted PC in the past in the course of disagreements, but do me a favor and don't bash people for knowing more words than you. Get a freakin' dictionary.

Oh, and welcome to the board.

Anyway on the story itself... the story is what it is. NEM's right, anti-semitism isn't anywhere near dead in America, but I guess I was more about how basically there's good and bad in every group. And beyond that, I would even say in every individual. While this story ended crappy in one way, it's pretty heartwarming in another. Stories like this usually don't have that visceral shock value, but they happen every day. Of course, why report people or peoples coexisting?

PFnV
  12. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +118 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I hear you about going for the throat,the dems just don't have that type of mindset they play to nice. But as far as Nader goes, he easily took enough votes away from gore that he lost. I also agree with you on Gore as a candidate, (he's much miore presidentcial sounding now) and his mistake of distancing himself from Clinton. But in the end the vote was so close that if Nader hadn't siphoned off hundreds of thousands of votes that would have gone Gore's way no one would no what a hanging chad is.
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Was Al Gore ever credited with being intelligent?
    He is now ... then the media portrayed him as Clinton's boy.
  14. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I agree it's pretty dumb that Lieberman cost Gore the Presidency because Lieberman was Jewish.

At the same time though, look at how hawkish Lieberman has been for Iraq and Iran the past few years... is there any doubt that no matter who was in office, the same shenanigans by us in the Middle East would still have happened?
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I saw this story when it broke. The guy doing the bashing on the Jew went overboard, but the Jew was simply taunting when he shot back with his "Hannauka" remark. He was disrespecting Jesus, a fellow Jew, by the way, a Jew who came to fulfill the Jewish hope for a Messiah. The Jews were wrong in calling for Jesus to be killed 2000 years ago, and to disrespect Jesus today, just because New York has a million or more Jews living there and the perpetrator felt "safe" in spewing his taunt, is just wrong. The mouthy Jew should not have been beaten for it, but he should have not taunted the way he did.

//
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Gore is an idiot, now and then. He is hypocritical, pandering, go-where-the-votes-are, self-serving phony, a classic example of the born-into-privilege-class. His daddy was a rich Senator, he never met or lived with any real people, which is why he can't understand what a total hypocrite he is when he screams how everyone else must cut their energy use while he uses TEN TIMES the amount the average American home uses!! Ten times. And that's only his personal home; it doesn't count all his fleets of SUVs, private air planes, helicopters, etc. Sheesh. Living in a dream-world. George Orwell wrote about people like Al Gore.

//
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 11 / -27

This will never satisfy you, but he cut his energy use to the point where his home is now considered exemplary.. it is still too much, but time for a new argument.. this one is tiring. BTW what he is doing now, has little to what happened in '04.
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Haven't heard about any personal "cuts" in his energy consumption, but if there have been any, it certainly was not because HE thought of them; he was shamed into it. Meanwhile he traipses all over the world, being hailed as some kind of messianic figure, as he calls out the U.S. for using too much, while ignoring the worst polluters in the world: China and India. With "patriots" like Al Gore, we don't need traitors.

//
  19. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +546 / 7 / -9

My God, what a pathetic, anti-semitic sack of sh* you are.

Merry f*in Christmas,

PFnV
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You think when somebody says "Merry Christmas" and somebody shoots back, "Happy Hannauka" it's not disrespectful??? The Jew should have said back, "Merry Christmas (and thank you for being the only nation in the world standing between Israel's existence and oblivion)", and THEN he can say, "And a Happy Hannauka to you".

YOU'RE the one acting like the bigoted hateful sack of trash right now.

//