PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Pats sports bars in DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

threepeater

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey all,

Long time listener, infrequent poster. I just moved to DC and am looking for a good bar to watch the Pats this season. Does anyone have any suggestions in the northwest? I appreciate the help.

Not sure if you're willing to leave the city, but if you're willing to take the 20 minute drive to Alexandria, there is supposed to be a good Pats bar there:

Murphy's Grand Irish Pub
713 King Street, Alexandria, VA
(703) 548-1717

http://www.murphyspub.com/old_town.html

How Murphy's became the home of the Patriot's is a story that dates back to the early 1990's. A customer survey was taken and it was found that New England fans in the DC metro area needed a place to call their own and enjoy their favorite team. That's where Murphy's came in. Every Patriot's game since that time has been televised upstairs at Murphy's. And if you play it… they will come- that is the most die-hard, energetic crew of fans that a football team could ever ask for will come. And they will have fun. Fumble off the kick off! For more information go to: www.murphysfans.com

Last edited:
threepeater said:
Hey all,

Long time listener, infrequent poster. I just moved to DC and am looking for a good bar to watch the Pats this season. Does anyone have any suggestions in the northwest? I appreciate the help.

Twice in one day. :D

If you're looking to stay in DC you can check out Kelly's Irish Times on N. Capital. Supposedly they have a small group that gathers there.

Murphy's Irish Pub in Old Town Alexandria is home to the biggest contingent of Pats fans in the DC area. It's located at 713 King Street. We have regulars who come in from all over the DC area - including Northwest DC. FYI, there is a regular shuttle bus that runs from the King Street Metro straight down King Street to Old Town. You're more than welcome to join us. It's a great time.

BTW - Free half-time raffle (including a Troy Brown Jersey), every tv is dedicated to the Patriots including the giant projection screen.

Check out the club's website: www.MurphysPatriots.com

Another vote for Murphy's. Great place to watch a game.

Yeah, I think for the first week anyway I'm going to skip all other potential activities and head to Murphys. Even though I'm 30 mi away (western fairfax county)... it's worth it.

Point being, I (also) highly recommend Murphys. You're better off going outside the District & going to Murphys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots