PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Patriots stuff on NEST tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of good Patriots talk on NEST tonight. I would share this with eveyone but those who have NFL Network aren't sharing Rodney stuff very much.:D

Anyway, because this is just a mini camp the most meaningful info is that Ghost looks very good. Gramatica does not look good.

Both Maroney and Jackson have looked impressive but until the hitting starts it doesn't really mean much.

Yeah, they actually got about 5 minutes too :)

Perillo echoed what he'd written in his patriots.com article on Maroney. You could tell he REALLY likes Maroney and Jackson but is restraining from words that could come back to haunt him until they play in games.

Gostkowski will make us forget Vinatraitor soon enough.

Tom Casale agrees :

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=19537&pcid=41

"The rookies continue to impress. Granted they’re just in shorts and none of the players have actually participated in an NFL game yet, but Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson and Dave Thomas all look like the real deal. Jackson and Thomas catch virtually every ball thrown their way. Thomas sucks the ball in like a vacuum and Jackson hauls in any pass he gets his big mitts on. Maroney is very explosive after he catches the ball out of the backfield and while returning kicks. As far as football speed goes, he looks to be one of the fastest players on the field. It’s still way too early to speculate but the Patriots top three picks are off to an impressive start and this looks like it could be another strong draft class for the Patriots under Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli."

Wait, did he say "Thomas sucks" ? ;) :D

BelichickFan said:
Gostkowski will make us forget Vinatraitor soon enough.
There's no way that'll sound right. We'll never forget the guy for the big kicks but I bet Gostkowski is a better kicker with more leg now than Vinatraitor even though the stats may not show it due to their home fields.

BelichickFan said:
Tom Casale agrees :

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=19537&pcid=41

"The rookies continue to impress. Granted they’re just in shorts and none of the players have actually participated in an NFL game yet, but Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson and Dave Thomas all look like the real deal. Jackson and Thomas catch virtually every ball thrown their way. Thomas sucks the ball in like a vacuum and Jackson hauls in any pass he gets his big mitts on. Maroney is very explosive after he catches the ball out of the backfield and while returning kicks. As far as football speed goes, he looks to be one of the fastest players on the field. It’s still way too early to speculate but the Patriots top three picks are off to an impressive start and this looks like it could be another strong draft class for the Patriots under Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli."

Wait, did he say "Thomas sucks" ? ;) :D

Although it was mentioned that Mills had to run a lap for screwing up.

PATSNUTme said:
Although it was mentioned that Mills had to run a lap for screwing up.
I hope Mills does fine but Maroney, Jackson, Thomas and Gostkowski are this draft for me. Anything else is simply a bonus.

The Rodney special on NFL Network was really nice - and had quite a bit packed into a half an hour. Highlight - BB and Rodney's geniune embrace after the SB. You've seen most of it on the SB programs but Rodney hangs on to BB and pulls back again and they really connect amidst the bedlam on the field. Great shots of Rodney as a youth. My favorite moment comes at the very end when they tacked on a very short scene of Rodney on the streets of his hometown holding onto to a kid straddling his bike who looks around 10 yrs old. I believe Rodney tells him to stay out of trouble, they seem to have been talking for little while. Rodney lets the kid go and says take care, the kid takes a couple of cranks on the peddles then turns aorunds and says, "see you later," in such a neat manner that it was obvious Rodney had taken the time to connect with the child. I was ready to shed a tear...

Last edited:
I guess that was the early NEST. After sitting through the 10:00 version, I have no idea what I just saw, because I was too distracted by Wendi Nix's relentless interrupting and rambling. It isn't easy to make Mike Felger look humble and quiet, but she sure pulled it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down