Welcome to PatsFans.com

Good old GOP!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Ilikehappyppl, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oil, oil,oil, oil, oil.

Gotta love this from the GOP:

If you want to collect unemployment you need to take a drug test. Which party is about a nanny state?
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

What do you heat you home with and run your car with?

Would you rather get it from Canada or the Middle East?

4. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Me and my GF are saving up right now, for guess what? Solar panels!

Our next car will be electric!

We will not be buying any oil in 5 years, we have a plan to become self-sufficient!:rocker:

Have fun paying $5 a gallon! What we lack from our panels we will make up with wind! Yeah the up-front cost is gonna be steep but long term its the right path to take.Energy efficient windows, better installation and heat will not be hard to get or keep!
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  5. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gasoline runs my car and electricity cools/heats my home. A lot of the electricity comes from hydropower.

You really don't care about the next generation do you? Drill, drill, drill. Frack, frack, frack.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

Good for you.

Where so you think the electricity for the car will come from, never mind, ingnorance is bliss.

[/quote]
    We will not be buying any oil in 5 years, we have a plan to become self-sufficient!:rocker:

Have fun paying $5 a gallon! What we lack from our panels we will make up with wind! Yeah the up-front cost is gonna be steep but long term its the right path to take.Energy efficient windows, better installation and heat will not be hard to get or keep![/QUOTE]

Good luck! :)
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem paying $5. for gas. How much do you actually think it costs us now?
  8. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[/QUOTE]

From the outlet in the wall of our garage......that's powered by Solar panels.....

I know, you asked a question I gave you and answer.....:rolleyes:
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

From the outlet in the wall of our garage......that's powered by Solar panels.....

I know, you asked a question I gave you and answer.....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Very optimistic....
  10. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This summer where I live it got up to almost $4 a gallon, and that's fine if you want to pay $5 a gallon. Hell pay $10 I don't care, its your money! Waste it however you see fit, like people say "A fool and his money are soon parted".:cool:

Oil is yesterdays news, IMO you need to get with the times;) Life is about change and change is hard for some.....
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

and we wonder why our planet is fukced....

keep it up...we are so close to fully destroying life as we know it, why not go all in?

Thanks GOP!
  12. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How solar Panels work

Read and learn!:)
  13. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0

#51 Jersey

You do realize that the Payroll tax cut will only be extended one year? Then after that Taxes will go through the roof. Why not get rid of the current tax system and start a new. Also, for the Pipeline that will create jobs and Obama wants to push it back till after the election. He doesnt want to touch it because he knows that the people that will vote for him wont because they dont want the pipeline. I am for cheaper oil and less dependent on middle east oil and we wont have to deal with OPEC!!
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

I know all about the panels and batteries required to store the energy and the toxic rare earth metals they are made from. I also know that solar power while a good supplement is also very variable in it's availability.
  15. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I hate to break this to you but... someday the solar is gonna run out too ;)
  16. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I think you can probably get a really good deal on a Chevy Volt now......

LaHood: No NHTSA cover-up of Volt fires - chicagotribune.com

Seriously, I applaud you for going electric and solar but I don't think you can go totally oil-free if you live up north....
  17. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

From what I've read and seen, the tax will just go back to what it was....And like I said to another poster, feel free to spend $5 a gallon, feel free to buy oil till the cows come home, your free to spend your money however you want....
  18. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, your right they do have some toxic metals in them but your not throwing them away every day like a pair of triple AAA's......

BTW we have nuclear waste stored in mountains, underground, I think we can find a way to safely put our bad/used batteries away. Or we can send them to the moon!;)

Oil is dead! Tell the people the king is dead!:rocker:
  19. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

lol I know your joking but,

Sun=about 6 more billion years give or take a billion
    Oil= If we are lucky at our current rate maybe 100-150 years max

Everything has a lifespan, everything has a beginning and an end. We should always go with the longest lasting the safest and the most abutment.
  20. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Because gas powered cars never have problems??????

Do you really want me to go there? Because I can link you a **** load of things about gas powered cars, new tech is always going to have bumps in the road. So the volt has a few issues? Big deal.....:bricks:

Edit: Thinking and doing are two very different things, a ton of people thought that the world was flat, that women were witches, and a ton of other things.......Doing is what matters, if we as a people can put our minds to it, we can achieve anything! Nothing is out of our grasp!
  21. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

The situational environmentalist strikes again, when all else fails insert GOP talking point.. 5.3.

The right continues saying the same thing, that there is an endless supply of oil.. there is not, and more and more due to the Energy Act of 2005 there continues to be an assault on our environment due to HydroFracking.. complete with the Haliburton Exemption, so the American Citizen can never know what they are using when they force millions of gallons of water into the earth.

Every day there are new articles how this hydrofracking fluid is impacting our aquafiers.. but no one really cares.. sooner or later, it will impact millions of folks with irreversible damage that will change the way our country works. And completely destroy our economy.

We all live downstream.
  22. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

Having unemployment recipients take a drug test is a great idea. Most private sector companies require a drug test, why not do the same to those taxapayers are paying?

Honestly, we won't be able to extend unemployment indefinately. Back to the drug testing...why not?
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  23. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Drug testing is an expensive slippery slope, not only is it expensive, it would cause the state or a contractor to employ many people. It has been tried in Fla for folks on welfare and with very mixed results....

When you give a drug test you need to afford the person privacy, and when the urine is received it has to follow a "chain of custody" to insure that no one doctors the sample, then it has to be tested and the results disclosed.

If a person disagrees with the findings then they have a right to appeal which means more folks getting hired.. it goes on and on.

INOW it is a very expensive procedure, that will only result in more bureaucracy.. the Constitution dictates due process adn that can never change.

Most unemployment claims are handled over the phone or via internet..which is another set of issues with this program.

You are talking about implementing a program that effects about 3.5 million people, the only folks that will benefit are more state employees, the drug testing companies and the folks who will do the subsequent hearings... it is a cluster fock in the making.
  24. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

You bring up some great points...the last thing we need is more beaurocracy.

I'll concede to your argument...imagine that Darryl!
  25. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

I am on my second Prius. There is nothing like sitting at a red light or going downhill without the engine running. I guess someone could bring up the problem of the brakes in the Prius. Toyota needs to work on that. Hopefully, they have some new gadgets when I buy my third Prius.
  26. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Nice comments...
  27. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

How many solar panels do you need to be able to charge your car and run your house? What do those cost?
  28. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

My bet is that a good part of the cost will be offset with government tax credits.
  29. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

I like to focus on real environmental problems not fabricated ones.

Some people just support anything that has green slapped onto it without any understanding of what they are or are not supporting.

I remember this classic clip from a earth rally you attended remember?

Banning Water - YouTube

:D
  30. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For the Panels its anywhere from 10k to 20k depending on how many and build, as for the power to a car anywhere from $550 to $650 worth of electricity but since we would be making our own power it would add into the cost of the panels.

Like pats13 said, with government credits the cost would even be lower, its a big up front cost but in the end 5-10-15 years down the road it pays for itself:rocker: Plus I can say i'm off the grid and that I don't pollute, that's very important to me! I want to be part of the solution not part of the problem....

We have even thought about wind, where we live the wind blows all the time, we might even do half and half, have wind and solar. We should have our 10-20k in a few years give or take a year but its a really big deal for us, we want to lead by example we want to show our neighbors and get them asking questions, we want them to go the same route, some will some won't but I'm sure some will, when they see it and hear how much we save and that we don't have a gas or power bill.

Oil and Gas had its day, IMO its time to more forward....

Edit: We spend on avg $120 on electric and $120 in gas a month x's that by 12 thats $2880 a year within about 5 years we would break even, anything after that is pure profit! Now I'm sure there will be some up keep and broken panel here and there but nothing to big to offset the cost that we are saving through not having to buy power and gas.