PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good News! Pats inch ahead of Miami with latest moves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we talking about the same fins who were embarassed and exposed last season for a non playoff team they were?

Even though they made the Playoffs and pounded NE in NE.

they lost in the Playoffs to a team that that played the AFCG.

Dolphins fans are excited (I live down here).

But last year they played a last place schedule overbalanced against the weakest divisions, were very healthy, very lucky in some close games, and also won more than a few games by leveraging a series of gimmick plays that eventually was solved by the better defenses.

That same team this year, against a 1st place schedule, will be 0.500 at best.

They could continue their talent upgrades with a good draft and beat that, but I am pretty skeptical.

Last edited:
Does anyone seriously think that with a healthy Brady, the Pats would have done anything less than 14-2?

The Squeelers aren't within 21 points of the Pats with a healthy Brady. Why are the 'fins within inches?

Them making the playoffs last year was a joke. They only got in because of a better conference record, right? Because they beat the Chargers and lost to the Cardinals (switch that around for the Patriots).

Patriots hammered the Dolphins in the rematch.

Dolphins fans deserve to be excited after winning the division last year. However with Brady coming back, plus adding the heap of quality offseason additions for the Pats, it looks like the Phins are competing for second place in the AFCE in 2009.

Even though they made the Playoffs and pounded NE in NE.

they lost in the Playoffs to a team that that played the AFCG.

Yeah, even though they pounded the Pats EARLY in the season when we had an inexperienced QB just starting out and they had a shiny new gimmick play.

How did that work out for them later in the year? Oh yeah, we pounded them in MIA.

There is no question who the better team was by the end of the season.

The steelers would have been killed by a 2008 Pats team with a healthy Brady. I'm not even sure they would have beaten us with Cassel had we made the playoffs. The Pats certainly would have done better than the Dolphins did.

The Cardinals, who made the SB, got "blowed up" (sic) by NE.

Last edited:
never goes well for Fish fan, does it...?

If we do pick up Peppers we are not inches but miles better than the NFL in general!!

If we do pick up Peppers we are not inches but miles better than the NFL in general!!

Any improvement would depend on what was lost in the exchange.

Yeah, even though they pounded the Pats EARLY in the season when we had an inexperienced QB just starting out and they had a shiny new gimmick play.

How did that work out for them later in the year? Oh yeah, we pounded them in MIA.

There is no question who the better team was by the end of the season.

The steelers would have been killed by a 2008 Pats team with a healthy Brady. I'm not even sure they would have beaten us with Cassel had we made the playoffs. The Pats certainly would have done better than the Dolphins did.

The Cardinals, who made the SB, got "blowed up" (sic) by NE.

I agree, i'm just saying that there shouldn't be a whole of hate put on the Dolphins they made the playoffs cos they deserved to. of course with a fully fit TB, the out come next year will be VERY different.

The author is annoying and unrelenting.

The AFC east had their chance last year... and although the Fins won the division... we all know the Patriots were the best team (in the AFC east) during the playoff run.

I would have loved to see the Pats Squeelers in the AFC championship game.

Baltimore had wood when they found out they wouldn't have to play the Pats in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back