PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good News! Pats inch ahead of Miami with latest moves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing to think the Fins and Pats are so close! Who'da thunk it? :rolleyes:

Armando will likely backtrack on that sometime soon.

Umm they did win the division last year...

Brady
Taylor
Springs/Bodden
Baker
Players returning healthy

Meanwhile, the Dolphins had insane luck as far as injuries go last year, and that can't be expected to repeat in the NFL. Additionally, they'll be matched up against the Steelers and the Chargers while the Patriots get the Ravens and the Broncos. I think "inch" is a bit of an underwhelming evaluation of the change in positions.

Last edited:

Yeah but.... who on Earth would pick the Dolphins to win the AFC-E this year? Any team that has TFB at QB is the favorite to win the division.

AFC East?

I love the little blurb about Brady. Considering the post- wildcat meeting was a 21 point blowout in Miami; I wonder where these guys come up with this.

It's almost getting comical.

Patriots - 15-1
Bills - 9-7
Dolphins - 8-8
Jets - 6-10

Does Miami still have a franchise?

Writers don't usually get to choose their headlines. I'm glad to see this continues to be a source of humor for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Yeah but.... who on Earth would pick the Dolphins to win the AFC-E this year? Any team that has TFB at QB is the favorite to win the division.

The outright mocking seems a little out of place though. How much disrespect did we get in '02/'03 after our "fluke" '01 campaign? Granted winning the big dance is different but they're essentially the same team as last year that won the division (I'm not comparing them directly to our earlier teams, that would be silly, just the disrespect part.)

Last edited:
I read the comments, and there are at least a few smart Fish in the water down there, it seems. Some basically responded...WTF? Get real, Pats are still better.

I cannot believe I was able to type "smart" and "Fish" in the same sentence! :eek: More coffee, please...with extra Irish in it!

The outright mocking seems a little out of place though. How much disrespect did we get in '02/'03 after our "fluke" '01 campaign? Granted winning the big dance is different but they're essentially the same team as last year that won the division (I'm not comparing them directly to our earlier teams, that would be silly, just the disrespect part.)

I wouldn't rule out Miami continuing to get better but I think last year was very flukey. They got things going right with that whole gimmick but it isnt going to sneak up on us this year and had we had time to prepare for it in the first meeting we probably beat them twice and we would have been in the playoffs. Now they play the tougher schedule and have to face Brady twice. I respect that they are a team on the rise but I disrespect their chances this year and would be suprised if they have more than 8 wins.

How can the Pats sign WRs while teams like the Jets and Dolphins have money and a need, but aren't signing anybody?

Good article actually, in terms of perspective of the football season cycle. Quite an optimistic view of the Fish, but as other threads here have noted, perhaps we stopped noticing them in our mockery as it seems they won the division last year somehow.

Same time, and I know y'all are American and all, but, "nerve-racking"?

Patriots will come out on top in the end. Although Brady has to stay healthy because I dont want to go through another season like last year. Jerod Mayo will be a year smarter and a year more prepared to face down the rigors that are the NFL. Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour could be playing for contracts so I expect dominating performances.

I admit to mocking the article, but here is why:

1) They beat us in the 1st match because of an inexperienced Cassel and a gimmick play that we now know how to prepare for.
2) We beat them handedly in the 2nd matchup
3) We played without Brady and it took some time for Cassel to gets going, yet we still tied their division best record at 11-5.
4) We were coming on like gang busters at the end of the season but it was just a little too late. We were clearly better than them at the end of last season even with Cassel instead of Brady. (Note how easily they were dispatched in the playoffs. Do you really think the Pats wouldn't have done better?)
5) Brady is back
6) We have had a better offseason so far than them
7) We have more draft picks than them
8) It is unclear how much impact an easy schedule and taking everyone by suprise with the wildcat had on their success last year. People are ready for that now and their schedule will be harder since they won the division.
9) Before the Brady injury, we were the clear favorite to win the SB and we were coming off a perfect regular season in which our offense had set many records. There was no reason to expect any decline had Brady not been injured.

Above is what makes the "inched ahead" ridiculous.

Still, I give the Dolphins credit where it is due.

1) They are a team on the rise
2) They had the inginuity to use the wildcat to great success last year
3) They didn't lose coaches/FO personel and we did (advantage to them)
4) They did win the division last year. Kudos to them for that. They are the division champs and we must unseat them.
5) They made a great move picking up Pennington when the Jets foolishly dumped him for his majesty Lord Farvquad.
6) I expect them to make the playoffs this season as a wild card team and to give us good competition, perhaps beating us in one of the two games.

Last edited:
If Brady is and stays healthy the Pats walk away with the division again. I think the Dolphins end up in 2nd but are competitive with the Bills and Jets moreso than the Pats.

Excellent points, Lloyd_Christmas, thanks for sharing them.

Current odds to win super Bowl:

Patriots: 6-1
Dolphins: 25-1

also

Pats +400
Dolphins +3500

Seems pretty close to me :)

we talking about the same fins who were embarassed and exposed last season for a non playoff team they were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back