PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good News on Meriweather

Status
Not open for further replies.
I envision BB having a chart, with the Pro's and Con's of each and every situation.

Case in point...

Brady's leg or Meriweather's leg.

Here is why we should play him and here is why we should not. Risk/Reward.

Brady has seen a bit of situational football in his career. What is the reward of playing against a bunch of second and third stringers (and a quarter of first stringers).....nothing, or very little.

Keep Brady on the bench. I would give Meriweather a couple more snaps this preseason, maybe 20 or so and then let him sit.

Pre-season is for the birds.

I would be in favor of extending the season one game, knocking out week 3 (as a bye week) and then starting the regular season two weeks after that, one week before the current regular season.

Good news on Meriweather bad to hear Thomas in a cast.

Ugh, that sucks. He'll be able to play, but a few years ago Vrabel was much less effective with a similar injury.

Wasn't that Bruschi or did Vrabel play a year with the cast too?

If you add Vrabel into the list that is quite a few defensive players who have had wrist problems (not that I am reading anything into it just seems like a lot of wrist injuries some of which are long from the issue)

Vrabel
Bruschi
Hobbs
Wheatly
and now Thomas

Big ol' bump. This is exactly the news I wanted to read peeling myself out of bed this morning. :)

The kiss of death. See ya next year, Brandon. ;)

No, he needs to come back out right now. We NEED to win these preseason games lest this entire board will think the team sucks! :rolleyes:

FWIW, "Draft Crazy" over at KFFL (check the Pats' board if you like, I won't provide a link to that bastard place - personal thing) said he talked to Meriweather who said he's "fine". DC has a long, proven track record of having personal communication with DBs so it's legit confirmation.

FWIW, "Draft Crazy" over at KFFL (check the Pats' board if you like, I won't provide a link to that bastard place - personal thing) said he talked to Meriweather who said he's "fine". DC has a long, proven track record of having personal communication with DBs so it's legit confirmation.

Even better news. I honestly think B-Meri (beats the B.M. abbreviation I've been seeing!) is one of the keys to this years defense. If they lose his speed in the secondary, all the "Old & Slow" detractors will be looking a bit more right ...

B-Meri (beats the B.M. abbreviation I've been seeing!)
Hit Stick seems to be his REAL nickname - it works for me.

is one of the keys to this years defense. If they lose his speed in the secondary, all the "Old & Slow" detractors will be looking a bit more right ...
You're right. We have decent players without him with Harrison, Sanders, Lynch but precious little speed.

Good to hear that he'll be ready/healthy for the opener. We're expecting a lot of the younger Patriots this season. Meriweather and Mayo in particular.

Good to hear that he'll be ready/healthy for the opener. We're expecting a lot of the younger Patriots this season. Meriweather and Mayo in particular.

Don't forget about Crable, He looks like he could definatly be a good player to rotate in at olb giving either thomas or vrabel a break or subbing in on passing downs

Meriweather, Mayo, Crable, Wheatley... the future of our D

i want to wait until the season opener to make any observations.

you all act like B-Meri is going to make a game changing interception against the jets in week 2, or something.

i want to wait until the season opener to make any observations.

you all act like B-Meri is going to make a game changing interception against the jets in week 2, or something.

Oh I see thats sarcasm I get it hahahah :rolleyes:

Always good to being back an old thread....?..! >&$!!??

i cant believe he actually caught the pass, I think thats the first time I have seen him catch anything

He did a David Givens and spent the offseason communing with the Juggs machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back