Welcome to PatsFans.com

Good news from around the league

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by rookBoston, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookBoston

rookBoston 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +71 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

A defensive coordinator with that kind of mental acuity should run for public office! He thinks they're going to be better than he thinks... so, that's good, right? Yeah? Right?

Good news, Jet's fans. You're first round bust has mastered the playbook in one day!

Bills fans must be so glad that the Panthers took Kuechly the pick just before the Bills selected Gilmore, so there was no temptation to take the LB instead. Isn't it great how everything works out so well, in the end? Nix managed to draft OLB Nigel Bradham in the 4th and ILB Tank Carder in the 5th. I'm sure they'll be more than adequate consolation for missing out on Kuechly.

Let me just submit this thread now... I'm sure there's more good news on the wire!

2. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,850 / 10 / -8

This is the time of year when optimism reigns eternal, when Rex Ryan adds another Lombardi trophy to his already full collection by fiat, and when the Pats just keep their mouths shut and start getting down to work. This team has never been in the business of winning spring championships.

Also, I vividly remember feeling euphoric when early rookie minicamp reports in 2006 were glowing over how amazing Chad Jackson looked. It means nothing, as you well know.

3. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +733 / 5 / -12

#50 Jersey

I'm sure everybody's real happy knowing that the Patriots got better, too.

God, I hate baseball season.

4. rookBoston

Ratings:
    +71 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

Have to agree, it really would be a shame if McKinnie got too light... say 330 or 340 pounds where he would be almost feather light and way too easy to push around.

LOL... who knew KFFL could be this amusing. Whoever is editing for them missed their true calling.

5. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 13 / -7

#24 Jersey

Just the fact that Coples had the nerve the say something so asinine shows us a glimpse of his overall intelligence and attitude.

Hoping that he really is "V.Gholston 2.0."

What a complete tool.....

6. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,850 / 10 / -8

For all the hyperbole and brash comparisons being bandied about right now, here's how Tampa Bay hall of fame LB Derek Brooks views rookie LB Lavonte David, and how David responds:

Bucs' Lavonte David gets seal of approval from Derrick Brooks - NFL.com

David definitely would not have fit in with the Jets. But he would have made a great Patriot.

7. rookBoston

Ratings:
    +71 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

Kuechly is one of the best cover LBs to come along in a long while, and would have been a pretty legitimate solution to a spy on Gronkowski.

But, good news for the Bills: their 6'0 190lbs CB is going to do the job on 6'6 265lbs of Gronk just fine. And maybe match up with Hernandez too, which will be amazing to see.

I'm more and more convinced that Nix really didn't want 6'3 245lbs Kuechly on his roster. Why would he?

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  8. PatsFanNM

PatsFanNM On the Roster

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Everyone's happy but BB. According to him, let's wait and see what happens when they get out on the field in a Patriots uniform. They certainly won't know the playbook . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.