PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

good luck to everybody with hurricane sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in from Center City, Philly. The wind is picking up and the rain has been constant. I don't expect my neighborhood to flood but other areas near the schuylkill river probably will. The peak of the storm should be around just after midnight. Hopefully I'll still be able to watch MNF before the Sandy takes out my directv signal.

Public transportation is shut down and massive collision on 95. It's nice to spend the next 2 days at home, especially after a patriots win. Hope we don't lose power. We have a 2 week old baby. At least it's not cold and we have an ethanol fireplace.

Checking in from Center City, Philly. The wind is picking up and the rain has been constant. I don't expect my neighborhood to flood but other areas near the schuylkill river probably will. The peak of the storm should be around just after midnight. Hopefully I'll still be able to watch MNF before the Sandy takes out my directv signal.

Public transportation is shut down and massive collision on 95. It's nice to spend the next 2 days at home, especially after a patriots win. Hope we don't lose power. We have a 2 week old baby. At least it's not cold and we have an ethanol fireplace.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and that baby - - at least you probably can't get any more sleepless than you already are! :)

Good that you're in Center City, there - - no worries about trees falling on your rooftop.

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers are with you and that baby - - at least you probably can't get any more sleepless than you already are! :)

Good that you're in Center City, there - - no worries about trees falling on your rooftop.

Thanks dude. Likewise, my prayers are for you and everyone here. I had the night shift yesterday. But she's a good baby. She lets us know when she's wet or hungry. No complaints. I worry about a tree branch falling on top of my wife's car. Maybe I should have paid for extra garage parking. Oh well.

Last edited:
Thoughts and prayers going out to everyone on the East Coast from North Carolina to Maine. This storm is a whopper and could linger, though it DID go farther last night than they expected it to.

Rain, Snow, and constant winds between 40-70 MPH are things that the area isn't used to.

Wind is starting to pick up a little here in northeastern CT. Here comes Sandy. Be safe everyone!!

Take care, fellow Patriots.
I am about 50 miles inland from the NJ shore so hopefully nothing except for some trees here and there. I know others in more coastal areas have it much worse.

According to Reiss they're supposed to be heading out around 5am London time - let's hope they get home safely.

In the meantime best wishes to everyone on here as well. Please be sure to check in throughout and let us know you're O.K. and stay safe.

Not sure if they made it in. I've seen posts on facebook that Logan's been closed since early this morning, though I've not seen it confirmed on any of the Boston station websites or on the Massport website.

Looking at their Arrivals, there is ONE flight (Virgin Atlantic) that should be landing any time now.. If that is their flight, great. If not, then they won't be back for a bit.

Hopefully everyone is taking this serious. This thing hasnt even started yet in regards to the northeast. It is going to be very ugly. Please be safe and remember this is going to be unlike anything New England has seen in a VERY long time.

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-

Not sure if they made it in. I've seen posts on facebook that Logan's been closed since early this morning, though I've not seen it confirmed on any of the Boston station websites or on the Massport website.

Looking at their Arrivals, there is ONE flight (Virgin Atlantic) that should be landing any time now.. If that is their flight, great. If not, then they won't be back for a bit.

As I noted in the other thread, Branson WAS next to Kraft in the owner's box (and in the lockerroom after) for the Denver game a few weeks back.

Very likely that that flight is what they are on (except the London authorities may have delayed their boarding because of concerns for Gronkowski mounting a Virgin).

Last edited:
Here on the back side of the storm in Rochester, NY. We're expected to get hit pretty good here in Western, NY. 30-40 MPH north winds for 12-14 hours. 15-20 waves coming off Lake Ontario :eek:

We should pick up tons of rain too as we're right in the area that the storm will stall as the two systems collide. Power companies are telling everyone to EXPECT power outages. The ground is already saturated and we are "west wind" prevailing area so the trees are all anchored for west winds. Strong, sustained winds out of the north are expected to topple more trees that expected.

We've lost power for up to 10 days here due to past ice storm, I only PRAY that things aren't that bad. I hope only 2-3 days...... Ideally no time without power, but I don't thing that's all that realistic. Still, as much as it's gonna suck for us, I still pray for all you guys on the coast...... Stay safe out there Patriots.

Last edited:
As I noted in the other thread, Branson WAS next to Kraft in the owner's box (and in the lockkerrroom after) for the Denver game a few weeks back.

Very likely that that flight is what they are on (except the London authorities may have delayed their boarding because of concerns for Gronkowski mounting a Virgin).

Yep. Flight arrived about 20 min late and touched down at 11:42 Boston time..

Looks like comparatively speaking we dodged a bullitt yesterday. New York and NJ not so lucky. Massive flooding and fires and potentially devastating power outages effecting transportation for days to come and hospitals being evacuated after losing backup power thru the night. Massive property damage and sadly some loss of lives. Once again real life gives what we all get so wrapped up in debating and dissecting here perspective.

Looks like comparatively speaking we dodged a bullitt yesterday. New York and NJ not so lucky. Massive flooding and fires and potentially devastating power outages effecting transportation for days to come and hospitals being evacuated after losing backup power thru the night. Massive property damage and sadly some loss of lives. Once again real life gives what we all get so wrapped up in debating and dissecting here perspective.

Same here. We never lost power (don't want to jinx that too soon). Waking up this morning and all is relatively quiet. Last night was a freight train sound throughout. We were told the storm would be 48-60 hours - - however the storm moved alot quicker. Prayers to the folks in NJ and NY.

Things are fine here in center city. Thank God. No power loss. Even my directv signal survived. I could hardly hear the wind and rain thru my double pane windows. :)

Things are fine here in center city. Thank God. No power loss. Even my directv signal survived. I could hardly hear the wind and rain thru my double pane windows. :)

Marlton, NJ: I thought my roof was going to blow off last night…but no loss of cable or internet. We lucked out...

best of luck to all. could be a strange few days getting stuff back running

Good luck to everyone affected. Unfortunately the Jets aren't the biggest disaster in New Jersey at the moment.

Yeah, not too bad here. A couple limbs down around the neighborhood, but no loss of power. Other areas, such as NY, NJ, and coastal CT didn't fare so well it seems...

We lost power for about 12 hours here in Amesbury, MA. The house next door to us lost much of the wind facing siding. Apart from that not much damage. Tree debris on the roads.

here in norton ma i lost power for about 30 seconds. that is a small miracle. most of the time if a squirrel sneezes we lose power. some other areas of town lost power as did some of the surrounding towns. we were very very lucky. my power was out for three days last year because of hurricane irene.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye