PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good luck on Sunday from a Chargers fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree, this won't be any walk in the park for the Pats. The Chargers are likely the most talented team they've faced yet. Although, I have a feeling LT will say something stoopid during the week to rile up the Pats. "now they don't have Brady, now they're nothin' " unless he's said something already that I've missed..

I would hope he does not or has not said anything like that. That would be foolish.

thanx for dropping in, guy...I won't be completely up to speed on the SD fan mindset until Michargers and Pao weigh in though....where are ya, boys?

Wishing they had not lost to the Fin's so they could talk trash.

ya think, Scottie???...heh heh heh....I'm staying up late...that's when Pao will come slinking in....

lightningbolt,

don't feel bad about your Dolphin lost because we got our ars kicked too. You should have won the Denver game if the R didn't screw up.

This Sunday is going to be a good game because i will see how Cassel performs against a good team such SD. This is his BIGGEST game.

Rivers had the same injury and he's playing better this year than he was last year. I think Brady will come back physically healthy by the start of the season. The only question will be what his mental state will be. If he comes back fearless, like Rivers did, then he will be the same old Tom Brady, and probably even better in many ways. But, if he's afraid of getting hit, and won't step into his throws because of it, then he will perform badly such as Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb did when they came back from their knee injuries. So, as long as Brady doesn't play scared, he should be fine.

That's a "hope," that I share, but, let's be honest, we can't know what the physical condition of his knee will be 9 months from now when Training Camp opens. As for his "mental state," if I'm not an orthopedist, I'm also certainly not a shrink. TB's history is one of being fearless, so I guess I'd bet that would continue, but we can't know that either.

Good luck to your team as well (I say that less than earnestly because in reality as a Pats fan I would be happy to see them turn the ball over 10 times and drop the game 56-0). My general hope is the game is competitive and worth watching all the way through.

I would bash Turner less than AJ Smith. Turner was a known mediocre quantity who would toe the line for Smith. You can have all the talent in the world on a team, but without a coach to direct the performance you do not have a blueprint for success. Your team should not be having this many troubles with that talent, but no good coach will take a second banana role to a power broker wanting to have the first and last say on team matters. I suspect if they found a capable GM and a good head coach they would be the powerhouse they are capable of becoming.

As for Rivers, I thought he grew into his role last season and got the respect of his players. I once liked LT but he sounds to have more excuses than answers over the past two years. True team leaders have answers for everything (even if they don't have answers). I agree that Rivers needs to assume that leadership role completely, which he may be able to do Eli Manning style (remember he had huge issues last year before Shockey got hurt).

I like the rivalry and do not want to see the Chargers fade due to mismanagement. Here's hoping they turn it around after they play the Pats and not when they play the Pats.

Last edited:
The pressure is more on the Chargers than it is on the Patriots for this game.

This is a critical game for them. Two things can happen when a game is this important fro one team. They can come out focused and play to a high level or they can come out tight and make mistakes.

No one know which it will be.

I don't know what the hell happened with the Chargers. I had them picked to beat the Pats even with Tom Brady. I think the Chargers will win, will be incredibly motivated. Perhaps even Tomlinsen will focus on playing and winning, perhaps Norv will put together a killer gameplan to destroy the Pats as they come off this two week stint in California.

I hope the Pats win, but I'm biting my nails and don't expect them to.

Thanks for the note.

Um no, wouldnt happen. The chargers are the most over ratted team in the nfl, ive been saying it for a while now. LT is done, done! And Rivers is a little punk. This game is going to be over before half time, even without Brady.

Just dropped by to wish you guys luck. This upcoming game was actually the one I was looking most forward to this year. But, now that Tom Brady is out for the season, and the Chargers suck big time, thanks to Norv Turner screwing up the team, I don't care that much anymore about this game. In fact, I kind of hope that the Patriots win, so that we can finally get rid of Norv Turner. The more games he loses this season, the more likely he won't be coming back next season. Then we can get a coach who actually knows how to use a team with this much talent. Anyways, good luck on Sunday. You probably won't be needing any luck since the Chargers suck so much.

After the Chargers performance in last year's playoffs, I figured the San Diego to be the #1 threat to win the SB. You had so many players hurt and you still almost made it to the super bowl.

If I were a Charger fan, I'd be pretty disappointed. I understand where you're coming from. Your fans and your players deserve better.

P.S. Does "Banned: Reinstatement date - Never" mean I can never post again on the Charger's board?:D

Last edited:
you guys kick our butt on Monday nite football

then lose to the DOLFINS?????????

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!.....GO TITANS! hahahahhaha

baltimoretitans08070.jpg

thanx for dropping in, guy...I won't be completely up to speed on the SD fan mindset until Michargers and Pao weigh in though....where are ya, boys?

Joker, here I am....what says you?

I would hope he does not or has not said anything like that. That would be foolish.

I really dont think you'll be hearing any verbal garbage from this team, not this week. If they do, I'll start throwing stones. I think the Miami game really drew the players back (it should have). This Sunday will be a real test of this team, to see what we're made of. Probably the same goes for the Pats. If we wither under the lights, then I'll be at a loss for words. If we win, that's awesome, but we still have a lot of areas to straighten out.

Hello Gentlemen! Would have been here earlier but had a health emergency in my family, looks like everything is going to be fine but would appreciate your prayers. As for the Chargers, speaking as objectively as possible, I would say they have almost no chance against the Patriots this week. Chambers is out, LT still hurt, Gates still hurt, Merriman out for the year, Cooper just back from ephidrine suspension (and kissing his bicep after making a tackle on a run that led to a first down sealing the win for the Dolphins, pathetic), Norv holding the boys back and playing too conservative to start the game, all factor into a dreadful start that looks to continue this weekend. Still a big time Charger fan but gotta be realistic. I give them a puncher's chance and will be rooting for them this weekend. I tip my cap to the Patriots organisation and BB in particular for doing a great job after the loss of Brady. The reports of the Patriots demise were greatly exaagerated it seems. Good luck this week! Here's to a clean game and no new injuries on either side.:eat2:

P.S. Does "Banned: Reinstatement date - Never" mean I can never post again on the Charger's board?:D
LOL. Probably, but the username Patriotsreign is probably still available! Come on back.

Hello Gentlemen! Would have been here earlier but had a health emergency in my family, looks like everything is going to be fine but would appreciate your prayers. As for the Chargers, speaking as objectively as possible, I would say they have almost no chance against the Patriots this week. Chambers is out, LT still hurt, Gates still hurt, Merriman out for the year, Cooper just back from ephidrine suspension (and kissing his bicep after making a tackle on a run that led to a first down sealing the win for the Dolphins, pathetic), Norv holding the boys back and playing too conservative to start the game, all factor into a dreadful start that looks to continue this weekend. Still a big time Charger fan but gotta be realistic. I give them a puncher's chance and will be rooting for them this weekend. I tip my cap to the Patriots organisation and BB in particular for doing a great job after the loss of Brady. The reports of the Patriots demise were greatly exaagerated it seems. Good luck this week! Here's to a clean game and no new injuries on either side.:eat2:

That was a hilarious scene when i saw it on TV. iam surprised it didnt get more coverage and he wasnt chewed on by the coaches.
But seriously, i think you are playing the reverse karma angle by saying you have no chance.Your team is too talented and still has their starting QB, playing at home in front of a national tv audience. i will be surprised if the pats win -just my opinion.

OK...feel a lot better now...I was worried about you two guys, although I'm not sure that some other entity has taken over Pao's body...you think the Pats will win?.......looks out window for flying pigs...

Last edited:
OK...feel a lot better now...I was worried about you two guys, although I'm not sure that some other entity has taken over Pao's body...you think the Pats will win?.......looks out window for flying pigs...
LOL! Everyone in the office looked at me as I let out a bark at your flying pigs comment. Seriously though, I DO try to be somewhat objective and not a complete homer. The Chargers have played like crap all year and seem to be overrated. Still a fan but I have to admit the obvious. Hoping they'll turn things around but their schedule looks pretty tough from here on out, starting with the Patriots this Sunday.

He's back....Joker, nice to see 'ya. Now, I wont be happy until I see some mention of fish tacos, avocado, or tutt-frutti (whatever the heck that is).

That was a hilarious scene when i saw it on TV. iam surprised it didnt get more coverage and he wasnt chewed on by the coaches.
You thought it was hilarious, I thought it was one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen a Charger player do. Getting your butt manhandled and you are kissing your bicep?? Come on!
But seriously, i think you are playing the reverse karma angle by saying you have no chance.Your team is too talented and still has their starting QB, playing at home in front of a national tv audience. i will be surprised if the pats win -just my opinion.
Still have their starting QB but he's dragging a leg (dinged once each of the last two games, one looked eerily like TBs injury but the defenders head slid off his knee instead of driving through it), LT is recovering from a dislocated big toe, Gates is suffering from a hip pointer, Chambers is out, it's like a mash unit. Patriots are tough enough, with or without TB, but, with the Chargers defense playing poorly and their offensive stars playing hurt, or not at all, it looks to be a loss to me. We'll see. The Chargers could surprise but that's what it would be, a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back