PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good luck in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to agree with this, friend, I think Farve is not better than Brees right now, and the Vikings are not a completely better team. It would not be fair to not give us a shot at you in the SB and not fair to the Pats to not have them get a chance for payback:)

You should understand that many of us on this board loathe Favre with a passion. Partly because of history from the 1996 Super Bowl. Partly becaue he's always been a gunslinger who the media has idolized despite his many flaws. Partly because of his me-first attitude. And especially when he went to the Jets last year. If there's a stronger word than loathe, that's how many of us feel.

So nothing would give us pleasure than to see Favre humiliated. He's playing well so far this season and avoiding his usual kind of mis-cues, but we're all waiting for him to implode on the big stage and throw a bunch of game-killing INTs in the post-season. We'd love to personally be the ones to burst his bubble. If we don't get a chance, I hope you do it.

Personally, I'd rather Rex Ryan and the Jets win the Super Bowl than Favre.

You should understand that many of us on this board loathe Favre with a passion. Partly because of history from the 1996 Super Bowl. Partly becaue he's always been a gunslinger who the media has idolized despite his many flaws. Partly because of his me-first attitude. And especially when he went to the Jets last year. If there's a stronger word than loathe, that's how many of us feel.

So nothing would give us pleasure than to see Favre humiliated. He's playing well so far this season and avoiding his usual kind of mis-cues, but we're all waiting for him to implode on the big stage and throw a bunch of game-killing INTs in the post-season. We'd love to personally be the ones to burst his bubble. If we don't get a chance, I hope you do it.

:agree: :yeahthat: :ditto: I can't go with you on fatso and the jets, but the rest i obviously agree.

Really haven't seen winter become a factor in any games this year
... I think he wilts when old man winter starts howling.

Really haven't seen winter become a factor in any games this year
... I think he wilts when old man winter starts howling.

I like your idea, but I'm not sure when it's going to happen this year:

- Week 13: Minnesota at Arizona. No winter there.
- Week 14: Minnesota vs. Cincinnati in the dome
- Week 15: Minnesota at Carolina. Old man winter in Carolina?
- Week 16: Minnesota at Chicago. At last! Hope it happens.
- Week 17: Minnesota vs. Giants in the dome. Damn dome again. I hate domes.

In the playoffs, Minnesota will get a bye and then likely host the #3 at home in the dome again. And then they'll either play the Saints in New Orleans or host someone else at home - either way, in a dome again.

So Chicago is really the only chance I see for the weather to get to Lord Favre. Hope an icy wind comes sweeping off Lake Michigan. Problem is, Jay Cutler will be playing in the same game.

Never said that the Vikes were better than the Saints (they're not, but they are dangerous with a good pass rush and a good running game) or that Favre was better than Brees. And I'd be thrilled to play NO in the Super Bowl. But I can't stand Favre, and I'd sort of love the opportunity to spoil his party, if you know what I mean. That's all.

oh I know, and never meant to imply, and if I did I was wrong. I just meant the patriots deserve the best opponent in the SB, because they are the best

oh I know, and never meant to imply, and if I did I was wrong. I just meant the patriots deserve the best opponent in the SB, because they are the best

You guys are the best this year until proven otherwise. We have to earn the right to a rematch.

I just hope you embarrass Lord Favre the way you embarrassed us.

Favre is playing at a ridiculous level and has taken the Vikings offense to the next level. Despite not being a personal fan of the way he conducts himself, you can't but help admire what he has done this season and his level of play.

I enjoy watching the Vikings defense play too. They wreak havoc like there is no tomorrow. I'm really hoping the NFC Championship game is the Saints @ 17-0 and the Vikings @ 16-1. Either of them would be worthy Superbowl opponents to take on whoever lasts in the AFC.

Last edited:

Always love talkin to you mayo,

I will say one thing and you heard me say it about the Saint OL, the vikings will not beat it. They can not crack this OL, and a 3 back vs AP is out matched, and there 2 WR vs our 6 is not going to work, They wont beat us. So god willing we might have a shot , and I know the Pats . You will be there, and its kind of not understandable to fans that have seen so much success and had so many trophy’s. But to us just being there would mean alot, and watching the boys play well. Damn the win. We love our boys no matter. But we want the opportunity to make Brees what he really deserves, to be acknowledged as a damn good QB , because this guy took a big chance on us.

Last edited:
You guys are the best this year until proven otherwise. We have to earn the right to a rematch.

I just hope you embarrass Lord Favre the way you embarrassed us.

That will happen my friend, but I dont think the vikings are going to make it. I say this because if there is ever a bigger choker in the game besides PM its favre, and if he has to face the saints ,with our coaching,offense,defense, he might have a problem. Moore and Bush will be back. I dont see it, even thow most consider them a better all around team. I think we will win and lose a SB.

Always love talkin to you mayo,

I will say one thing and you heard me say it about the Saint OL, the vikings will not beat it. They can not crack this OL, and a 3 back vs AP is out matched, and there 2 WR vs our 6 is not going to work, They wont beat us. So god willing we might have a shot , and I know the Pats . You will be there, and its kind of not understandable to fans that have seen so much success and had so many trophy’s. But to us just being there would mean alot, and watching the boys play well. Damn the win. We love our boys no matter. But we want the opportunity to make Brees what he really deserves, to be acknowledged as a damn good QB , because this guy took a big chance on us.

I didn't say it in the other post in this thread but Bress put up one of the best all time regular season shows of Quarterbacking that I've ever witnessed the other night. He was just awesome, in fact awesome is used too much these days so I'll go with preternatural. :)

That will happen my friend, but I dont think the vikings are going to make it. I say this because if there is ever a bigger choker in the game besides PM its favre, and if he has to face the saints ,with our coaching,offense,defense, he might have a problem. Moore and Bush will be back. I dont see it, even thow most consider them a better all around team. I think we will win and lose a SB.

Hey buddy, you can't come here and call Favre a choker. The guy destroyed our dreams in '96 and he certainly did not choke that night in the big game.

I have to be honest.. I didn't read this entire thread. I just read the title and something came to mind which I decided to share because I laughed at my own thought...

But when I read this, I thought:

"Playoffs!? You want to talk about playoffs!? Playoffs!? Are you kiddin' me!? I just hope we can win a game!"

-Rob-

This post makes me realize how smart you are by recognizing that PM is a choker. Glad to see a non-Pats fan say it.

Hey buddy, you can't come here and call Favre a choker. The guy destroyed our dreams in '96 and he certainly did not choke that night in the big game.

That was his only night and really only won in 95 right? I would not worry to much we are the saints remember. No disrespect intended. We have 40 years and 1 championship.

Why not? We've called him that and worse many times?

Favre is playing under control for the first time in his career this season, with impressive results. But you have to wonder how long it can last, and whether his old spots will show before the season is out.

BTW Pherein, I just posted a 4 round mock on our draft forum. I had you guys winning the SB, and gave you:

32. Sean Weatherspoon, LB. Big upgrade at WLB, should be great next to Jonathan Vilma.
64. Marvin Austin, DT. Should be a nice complement to Sedrick Ellis.
96. Noel Devine, RB. I'm assuming Bush walks after this year. Devine should prove even more elusive than Bush.

I thought that was a pretty darn good draft for a team drafting #32 in each round.

BTW Pherein, I just posted a 4 round mock on our draft forum. I had you guys winning the SB, and gave you:

32. Sean Weatherspoon, LB. Big upgrade at WLB, should be great next to Jonathan Vilma.
64. Marvin Austin, DT. Should be a nice complement to Sedrick Ellis.
96. Noel Devine, RB. I'm assuming Bush walks after this year. Devine should prove even more elusive than Bush.

I thought that was a pretty darn good draft for a team drafting #32 in each round.

Thanks , I would like the accomplishment but its Paytons. Cant tell you how much I have enjoyed a good football talk online, but I haven't. :) you are a smart people with common sense . I will miss this time and the people I talked to from N.E. I don't think we ever met a elite team that represented it self so well. Class does not describe how good natured some of you fans are.

I will be logging off because this is your forum and I am nothing more than a distraction from what you guys need to chat about or do, but know that we are the same. I hope your holidays are not good, but great, and your family is well, and now for once in 40 years we have hope, but to us a football team is just that, and your family is everything, so if you think about it we have nothing to lose.

Last edited:
Guys isn't it great to have a football fan like that on here, its all too rare these days that you get an intelligent, well-mannered fan visiting.

I really couldn't wish for enough good things for you Pherein. You are a gentleman and even the guys who might have been unhappy at losing to the Saints could not feel the same way if they read your posts. You are great people down there and so friendly, and after all the troubles you have had it would be just a wonderful story for Saints fans and the whole of New Orleans if you take the big prize this year.

Guys isn't it great to have a football fan like that on here, its all too rare these days that you get an intelligent, well-mannered fan visiting.

I really couldn't wish for enough good things for you Pherein. You are a gentleman and even the guys who might have been unhappy at losing to the Saints could not feel the same way if they read your posts. You are great people down there and so friendly, and after all the troubles you have had it would be just a wonderful story for Saints fans and the whole of New Orleans if you take the big prize this year.

It feels kinda weird, honestly. I keep waiting for him to start dropping asterisks and half-baked Spygate/Brady Rule/Brady Injury references, but I just don't think it's going to happen. At this rate I'll get used to pleasant, informed, friendly conversation just in time for the Dolphins fans to get here and set everything back to the status quo.

Thanks for your time pherein, learned a lot and it was a pleasure having you. Best of luck in the playoffs.

I didn't have a chance to read this entire thread, but did anyone post that Jim Mora "Playoffs?!" video? That's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title of this.

If not...

Playoffs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back