PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Luck Andre Tippett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I believe today is the day the list gets down to the final 15 , and here is hoping Andre gets to that point.. Good Luck Andre, us pats fans are pulling for you..

It's absurd that it has not happened yet.

The no championship argument in a team sport is ludicrous. "No championships " should hurt a golfer or tennis player in their quest for a hall of fame birth, but not a LB'er in such a team sport as football.

The writers need to wake up and get a grasp on reality. A little harsh, yes, but this entire system is so political.

The man is deserving, end of story.

Well Said, but it would be a travesty if a guy like Terell Davis gets in before a guy like Andre Tippet..

Does anyone know the time when the decision is announced??

It's absurd that it has not happened yet.

The no championship argument in a team sport is ludicrous. "No championships " should hurt a golfer or tennis player in their quest for a hall of fame birth, but not a LB'er in such a team sport as football.

The writers need to wake up and get a grasp on reality. A little harsh, yes, but this entire system is so political.

The man is deserving, end of story.

I agree the man is deserving, but I don't think he won't get in because of his lack of championships. I think he is penalized for playing the Lawrence Taylor era. His career was overshadowed by LT. If he played in any other era, he would have had a more heralded career. A lot of players didn't get their proper credit at that time because LT was such a dominant player.

Had Tippett played for Gnats, Cowgirls or Donkeys instead of a rank NE team he'd have been in the HOF years ago.

Well Said, but it would be a travesty if a guy like Terell Davis gets in before a guy like Andre Tippet..
Wasn't TD the main offensive driver of a team that won two straight Super Bowls, and the MVP of the first one? (And no, the selection committee will not account for the fact that the Broncos were later found to have cheated on the salary cap...)

As much as a am rooting for Tippett, I can't agree with your point about Davis.

Any word? Not even sure where to look.

Wasn't TD the main offensive driver of a team that won two straight Super Bowls, and the MVP of the first one? (And no, the selection committee will not account for the fact that the Broncos were later found to have cheated on the salary cap...)

As much as a am rooting for Tippett, I can't agree with your point about Davis.
I was going to say the same thing. Dominant player. It says a lot about him that Shanahan, who normally changes running backs like other people change clothes, rode that sonofa***** for like six years straight. That offense went from the crapper to Blueprint status with the introduction of Davis.

It has been announced on the NFL website that Andre Tippett has been selected as a semi-finalist for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Best wishes to Andre for luck in the final selections.

It has been announced on the NFL website that Andre Tippett has been selected as a semi-finalist for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Best wishes to Andre for luck in the final selections.
Excellent! ....

I agree the man is deserving, but I don't think he won't get in because of his lack of championships. I think he is penalized for playing the Lawrence Taylor era. His career was overshadowed by LT. If he played in any other era, he would have had a more heralded career. A lot of players didn't get their proper credit at that time because LT was such a dominant player.
I don't know about that. Harry Carson just got in, and he even played with Taylor. Of course, it did take him a long time. Mike Singletary was also contemporary with Taylor, and he's in. Not that I loved the guy at all (Taylor), but is anyone else affronted by the initials LT being used as Ladainian Tomlinson's moniker now?

Not that I loved the guy at all (Taylor), but is anyone else affronted by the initials LT being used as Ladainian Tomlinson's moniker now?
Well, I'm more inclined to see it as an effort to rehab the initials, but I'm cynical that way. :p

Not that I loved the guy at all (Taylor), but is anyone else affronted by the initials LT being used as Ladainian Tomlinson's moniker now?

Why would I be?

Good luck now, AT, because you had the bad luck then of being the best player on too many crappy teams, esp. the 1989-93 versions.

I don't know about that. Harry Carson just got in, and he even played with Taylor. Of course, it did take him a long time. Mike Singletary was also contemporary with Taylor, and he's in. Not that I loved the guy at all (Taylor), but is anyone else affronted by the initials LT being used as Ladainian Tomlinson's moniker now?

Hell no. LT, the RB is the man!

GOOD LUCK ANDRE!!!!!!

The HOF needs another nice Yiddische boy...

PFnV

good luck Andre Tippett !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill