PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good luck, and so forth. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundayjack

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I thought I'd add this little thread offering my well-wishes to the friends I've made around these parts, and then yield the board for the balance of the week. Allow you Patsfolk to get all lathered-up in Superbowl bliss, without tripping over the likes of me along the way.

First, before I leave, a couple of people have asked about the attitude of Jets fans, these days. I don't speak for all of them, of course. For myself, and a good healthy crop of older (35+) Jets fans, it's a matter of balancing a long and deep-seeded hatred for Don Shula and everything that ever wore turquoise versus anything-else. Hell, versus EVERYTHING else. Younger Jets fans run just the opposite. They hate Bill Belichick and everything Patriot with a seething white-hot passion. I've found, recently, that some younger fans don't hate the Dawlpfinz that much at all, and I find that terribly distressing.

As for the Giants, it runs much the same. Although you do see some fans that will root for (a) anything New York, of (b) anything not a Patriot, many older fans have NO love - as in never - for the Giants or anything named Mara. Especially, anyone with a snooty-falooty name like "Wellington," although, may he rest in peace. The back page of the New York Post (the paper of record, by the by) each Monday morning during football season is always some version of "GIANTS WIN - Jets don't suck." This is even in years where the Jets are clearly the better team. And, yeah, I'm resentful. About that. About a whole bunch of Gianty things.

So, here's where I'm at, and, as I said, it varies - particularly along age lines: It's not that I'll be rooting FOR the Patriots, it's that I'll be rooting against Shula/Dawlpfinz and the Giants. That's a two-fer, and you can't really argue against taking a two-fer. They happen so infrequently in life, that you really can't not take one when it comes.

Then, when the game is over, and Terry Bradshaw has ripped-off his last bappity-zappity-hee-haw Howie joke of the season, I'll click my heels and find myself snug in my bed. I'll realize that it was all just a really bad dream during a really bad storm.

But that's not really the purpose of this thread. I thought I'd wish you all well because, well, it's the adult thing to do, and also because I do enjoy this board and most of the people. Enjoy the game, and I'll check and see how the waters here are next week.

- SJ

Last edited:
That's an awesome post, Jack. You, Gunnails and Brenjetsfan are great assets to our board. You guys are the template for great opposing team fans here.

You guys stick up for your team, but you never stoop to childishness. I certainly wish there were more of your kind.

Great post. I hate the Shula Dolphins, even before this year and all they've said and done, with all my heart. I always thought they were the most smarmy bunch of phonies ever and especially Shula and Buoniconti. Shula was Polian's role model for how to abuse the competition committee.

Thanks {I think}..... :D

...... and if I may reciprocate your kindness. This week, the JETS are my favorite NYC based NFL team. Although, I must admit, next week... I'll go back to hating all things JETS with all my passion :D

I always enjoy your posts Jack. Down with Shula :D

On a different note Jack, what are you hearing around Jets camp about who or what they will do with their 6th overall pick in the draft?

There is not another fan of an NFL team as solid, classy (sorry LdT!), and cool as Sundayjack.

It must not be a fun time to watch a divisional rival have the success we've had, but at least you respect it.

Great post. See you on TGG.

Last edited:
I thought I'd add this little thread offering my well-wishes to the friends I've made around these parts, and then yield the board for the balance of the week. Allow you Patsfolk to get all lathered-up in Superbowl bliss, without tripping over the likes of me along the way.

First, before I leave, a couple of people have asked about the attitude of Jets fans, these days. I don't speak for all of them, of course. For myself, and a good healthy crop of older (35+) Jets fans, it's a matter of balancing a long and deep-seeded hatred for Don Shula and everything that ever wore turquoise versus anything-else. Hell, versus EVERYTHING else. Younger Jets fans run just the opposite. They hate Bill Belichick and everything Patriot with a seething white-hot passion. I've found, recently, that some younger fans don't hate the Dawlpfinz that much at all, and I find that terribly distressing.

As for the Giants, it runs much the same. Although you do see some fans that will root for (a) anything New York, of (b) anything not a Patriot, many older fans have NO love - as in never - for the Giants or anything named Mara. Especially, anyone with a snooty-falooty name like "Wellington," although, may he rest in peace. The back page of the New York Post (the paper of record, by the by) each Monday morning during football season is always some version of "GIANTS WIN - Jets don't suck." This is even in years where the Jets are clearly the better team. And, yeah, I'm resentful. About that. About a whole bunch of Gianty things.

So, here's where I'm at, and, as I said, it varies - particularly along age lines: It's not that I'll be rooting FOR the Patriots, it's that I'll be rooting against Shula/Dawlpfinz and the Giants. That's a two-fer, and you can't really argue against taking a two-fer. They happen so infrequently in life, that you really can't not take one when it comes.

Then, when the game is over, and Terry Bradshaw has ripped-off his last bappity-zappity-hee-haw Howie joke of the season, I'll click my heels and find myself snug in my bed. I'll realize that it was all just a really bad dream during a really bad storm.

But that's not really the purpose of this thread. I thought I'd wish you all well because, well, it's the adult thing to do, and also because I do enjoy this board and most of the people. Enjoy the game, and I'll check and see how the waters here are next week.

- SJ
lmao excellent thread my good man and very sporting of you .i would shake your hand but i have no idea where you are .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back