PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good luck against NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua4Ever04

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been here. My girlfriend is leaving to college this week so I've been away from the computer most the time.

I'm here to wish you guys good luck this week against the Jets and hopefully just stir up some football conversation. There hasn't been much to talk about because, well, it's the season, and now we just let the players do the talking. I am still very disapointed at the Fins game last week but I am still very confident they are a playoff team. How are you guys feeling after that scare vs. Buffalo? A lot of Bills fans at Finheaven are saying the refs robbed them. Do you guys believe that is true or not?

Well anyway, good luck vs. the Jets on Sunday, I'm hoping you guys tie but nonetheless, good luck and hopefully no injuries.

This is the Patriots we're talking about, a scare, especially in a division game, is not an unknown event and always seems to accomplish good things.

Just where are you shipping your girlfriend off to college and should we extend out sympathies now?

I'm always nervous about the jets. I think we'll win handily, but I honestly have no idea what the game will bring.

normally we suffer the Jets and i think it will be tough also this sunday but imho we will be able to win

Go Pats !

ps = i do not think it will be so easy for you to beat BUF

Thanks.

Good luck against Buffalo. Hope Daunte doesnt choke again.

I think the Bills are better then advertised. They will give your Phins a tough game for sure. In regards to Patriots vs. Jets the defense will show up, it's our offense that concerns us. It should be an interesting game and I don't expect a rout by the Patriots.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
How are you guys feeling after that scare vs. Buffalo?

I feel like it was the perfect type of season opener.

1) The team played poorly enough to show Belichick and the coaching staff where the "worts" are.

2) The team played poorly enough to humble the players and keep them from developing a false sense of superiority. I've never liked it when teams start to quickly out of the gate. Save the 40 point blowouts for the end of the year.

3) I liked how the team rallied. They stepped up and came through when it mattered most. That's what the great teams do.

4) I really liked what I saw in the second half. We DOMINATED that game in the second half. It's important to develop an attitude that the second half is "Our Time".

Aqua4Ever04 said:
A lot of Bills fans at Finheaven are saying the refs robbed them. Do you guys believe that is true or not?

I think the Bills fans have all gone mad. I stopped by one of their sites after the game. I'd say 85 percent of them are really convinced there is some kind of Patriots conspiracy in the league.

The truth is that there are blown calls in EVERY game. Some calls go for you and some go against you. The Bills fans only pay attention to the calls that go against them.

For example; On the 4th down stop, the Bills actually received a very generous spot. McGahee stretched and crawled forward AFTER his knee hit the ground. The refs actually gave him some of that extra yardage on the spot and he was still short.

Another example would be Brady's fumble on the first play of the game. Spikes actually nailed Brady in the head and grabbed his facemask. It should have been a 15 yard penalty in the Patriots favor but instead it was seven points going the other way. That's a HUGE blown call in the Bills favor but they don't want to accept that.

There's actually a great picture in the link I'm about to attach. I'd attach the picture myself but I don't know how to.

Here's the link. Look at post #72 and post #92. They're two different angles of the play.

http://www.buffalorange.com/showthread.php?t=96230&page=3

I've also heard that Bills fans are complaining about non-calls for holding against the Patriots Oline. Please. I saw just as many non-calls against the Bills oline. They were grabbing Colvin and Banta-Cain all game long.

The Bills had chances to make plays to put that game away but failed to do so. The Patriots won that game b/c they made the plays that needed to be made. It's that simple.

Last edited:
PYPER said:
There's actually a great picture in the link I'm about to attach. I'd attach the picture myself but I don't know how to.

Here's the link. Look at post #72 and post #92. They're two different angles of the play.

http://www.buffalorange.com/showthread.php?t=96230&page=3
Can't see 'em on the Buffalo board because I'm not registered there... are they the same angles as Post #4 in this thread? http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=41211

I'm really not sure what to expect becaus rhits team has not found its identity yet, which is not uncommon this early in the season. Logic says they should beat the Jets easily, but I am not going to bet on it. Both teams still have a lot of questions and anything can happen, especially in division games. The Jets are not as good as the Bills though.

As to to the Fins game, I agree that the Bills are better than previously thought. They have a fast defense, great special teams, a good RB, and it looks like Losman might finally be coming together. I also think their coach is making them play with a lot of heart and intensity, something they did not do last year. They want to win and they believew they can. The Fins should be wary. I think it will be an interesting game.

Kdo5 said:
Thanks.

Good luck against Buffalo. Hope Daunte doesnt choke again.

Daunte played very well the first 55 minutes of the game. It's really hard to place the blame on him when we had absolutely no running game to speak of the entire first half. I have no idea why we were so quick to give up on the run.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Daunte played very well the first 55 minutes of the game. It's really hard to place the blame on him when we had absolutely no running game to speak of the entire first half. I have no idea why we were so quick to give up on the run.

Do you think the problems with the running game are because of Ronnie Brown or the offensive line and are they fixable?

zippo59 said:
Do you think the problems with the running game are because of Ronnie Brown or the offensive line and are they fixable?

It was purely the offensive line's inability to open running lanes for Ronnie to get through. If you ask me, and ordinary running back would've had around 10 yards. Ronnie did a phenomenal job with what he was handed and showed a great nose for the end zone scoring on two tough plays. I give a lot of credit to the Pittsburgh defense because they just physically dominated the trenches. We'll be ok, they'll get this thing fixed. Coach Hudson Houck performed a miracle with last year's group.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been here. My girlfriend is leaving to college this week so I've been away from the computer most the time.

I'm here to wish you guys good luck this week against the Jets and hopefully just stir up some football conversation. There hasn't been much to talk about because, well, it's the season, and now we just let the players do the talking. I am still very disapointed at the Fins game last week but I am still very confident they are a playoff team. How are you guys feeling after that scare vs. Buffalo? A lot of Bills fans at Finheaven are saying the refs robbed them. Do you guys believe that is true or not?.

Sad to say Fins fans aren't shall we say the brightest bulbs, sort of a few cans short of a six pack to put it in terms even they could perhaps understand.

My faux (look it up) sympathies to your forthcoming loss to the Bills Sunday.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

You missed the earlier play when he hit the Pitt defender in the hands in the end zone? (The stump droped the easy INT)

Please, PAY ATTENTION when the game is on.

PatsWickedPissah said:
You missed the earlier play when he hit the Pitt defender in the hands in the end zone? (The stump droped the easy INT)

Please, PAY ATTENTION when the game is on.

This is why pats fans are by and large considered the biggest di** heads in the league. You fans couldn't name a single f-ing player from the 1970's, 1980's, or 1990's.....yet this Fins fan comes on here and is classy and you trat him like this. No question about it, when it comes to classlessness among NFL fans, it is a toss up between Patsie fans, raiders fans, and Eagles fans.......when this mirage of an era ends, and you and your team go back to being the $hitty team you have been for a very LARGE majority of your organizations history, then maybe you will all gain some humility. It is disgusting the amount of arrogance seen here.

How any of you can say with a straight face that you have not garnered a FAR larger share of refs "calls" and lucky breaks than any other team in NFL history is beyond me. You guys have led the league in 3rd down conversions BY PENALTY for the past 4 years. Bernie Kukar and Walter Coleman should be BANNED from participating in any Pats game. The league's integrity is at an all time low because of some of the ***** your team has been the beneficary of...I don't have a problem with you scum bags taking advantage of it, but show some class and humility in the process. You are on your way down people. Yeah, most of you won't give a *****, and this board will remain dead as most other pats fans boards......but you can be sure we over at JI.com will be basking in the witch being dead.

Chad Pennington will go along way in slaying this dragon, and righting the integrity of the NFL. This league needs a new face, it needs a new breed of fan....NOT the same arrogant, dispassionate, bandwagoning nature that is YOUR FAN base.

Regards...I'm out.

Frank Moga III

frankmoga said:
This is why pats fans are by and large considered the biggest di** heads in the league. You fans couldn't name a single f-ing player from the 1970's, 1980's, or 1990's.....yet this Fins fan comes on here and is classy and you trat him like this. No question about it, when it comes to classlessness among NFL fans, it is a toss up between Patsie fans, raiders fans, and Eagles fans.......when this mirage of an era ends, and you and your team go back to being the $hitty team you have been for a very LARGE majority of your organizations history, then maybe you will all gain some humility. It is disgusting the amount of arrogance seen here.

How any of you can say with a straight face that you have not garnered a FAR larger share of refs "calls" and lucky breaks than any other team in NFL history is beyond me. You guys have led the league in 3rd down conversions BY PENALTY for the past 4 years. Bernie Kukar and Walter Coleman should be BANNED from participating in any Pats game. The league's integrity is at an all time low because of some of the ***** your team has been the beneficary of...I don't have a problem with you scum bags taking advantage of it, but show some class and humility in the process. You are on your way down people. Yeah, most of you won't give a *****, and this board will remain dead as most other pats fans boards......but you can be sure we over at JI.com will be basking in the witch being dead.

Chad Pennington will go along way in slaying this dragon, and righting the integrity of the NFL. This league needs a new face, it needs a new breed of fan....NOT the same arrogant, dispassionate, bandwagoning nature that is YOUR FAN base.

Regards...I'm out.

Frank Moga III

Sour grapes, man. Sour grapes.

frankmoga said:

Regards...I'm out.

Frank Moga III

Yeah - aqua man is a true typical fin fan. He makes bets, loses and doesn't pay off. Shame of it all is it was a food pantry for the poor that he dissed.

Nice pick there Frank, class begets class!

frankmoga said:
Ahh, I see Mike Greenburg of ESPN's Mike & Mike radio show has decided to post on our board now. Thanks for your thoughts, Mike...uh, I mean frank;)

frankmoga said:

Regards...I'm out.

Frank Moga III

You left out 60's bonehead.

Fish head is just hoping we beat the Jets for him so they still have a chance after they lose to the Bills.

I like your shtick, it's really funny. You should do it wearing a funny hat and banging on the table like Steve Allen.

That was the 50's. No patriots then.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey