PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good job by the officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobster

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
There was one incomplete pass for the Pat's where it looked like the Bears got to the receiver an instant before the ball did. Also the Bears got away with a blatant hold on Seymour. Otherwise the officials let the players fight it out and Belichick didn't seem to complain at all.

I take it that the questionable Pass Interference calls late in the game, looked like incidental contact to me, were ok?? Saw several instances where Seymour and other D linemen were held. But the PI calls were suspect to say the least.

There was one incomplete pass for the Pat's where it looked like the Bears got to the receiver an instant before the ball did. Also the Bears got away with a blatant hold on Seymour. Otherwise the officials let the players fight it out and Belichick didn't seem to complain at all.

Yeah, lucky there weren't any bad pass interference calls that could have completely changed the outcome.

I hate when that happens.:rolleyes:

I think it's time to fire all the officals or at least make them all paid and train more then they are those 2 PI calls and a couple of the non PI's for the Pats was just shady does anyone else notice that we hardly ever get calls that go in our favor

Last edited:
If Hobbs had done what he's coached to do, which is never to let the receiver get behind him unless there's another DB back there then it would have been a different matter. Belichick would have raised a big stink - but he didn't because the receiver had established position and Hobbs all but crashed into him.

I felt they let the players fight it out in the first half and started to call everything in the second half. That is like an umpire changing the strike zone in the middle of the game.

I felt the refs did a poor job. In fact, we would have gotten two receptions that were clearly incomplete passes at the end of the half if there wasn't booth reviews on both calls. So I am not saying the refs were one sided. They were just bad.

If Hobbs had done what he's coached to do, which is never to let the receiver get behind him unless there's another DB back there then it would have been a different matter. Belichick would have raised a big stink - but he didn't because the receiver had established position and Hobbs all but crashed into him.

Hobbs had ok coverage on that one. He was on top of him and if he didn't get contact on him, Hobbs had a decent shot at making the play on the ball. When a CB is covering a receiver 40 plus yards down the field, the CB usually has let the receiver get behind him. It is whether the receiver has a step or two on the CB. I didn't see that.

I felt it was a questionable call. It wasn't as blatant as the Hawkins call, but I really didn't think that it was a good call especially since the ref who actually called the foul was not in great postion to see the contact.

On one of the long PI calls Jarvis Green was clearly and blatantly held on the way to the QB with no flag. The PI was created by a horrid no-call OL hold. If Jarvis wasn't held there'd have been no pass because Rex would have been flattened. Jarvis's blocker had him from behind via a reacharound to nab him around the collar. The arm was wrapped all the way around the body grabbing nothing but jersey and still no call.

Last edited:
someone didn't watch the same game the rest of us did

I think it's time to fire all the officals or at least make them all paid and train more then they are those 2 PI calls and a couple of the non PI's for the Pats was just shady does anyone else
notice that we hardly ever get calls that go in our favor

There was that catch by Watson where the ball was clearly moving which some ref's would not have allowed that as a catch. The ref. said the ball didn't hit the ground, but obviously that's not what the rule says - it says you have to have control. Another catch by the Pat's got the same benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand the Bears got away with some very questionable calls on Defense, so of course Pat's fans will spend all week whining about what the Bears got away with.

Overall I would guess Belichick will say the outcome of the game depends almost entirely on how the Pat's play, not how the ref's happen to call it.

Hobbs had his head turned back toward the QB. He has just as much right to the ball as the receiver does as long as his head is turned around. If he doesn't have his head turned and makes contact then its usually called.

One that wasn't called was face guarding penalty on one bears DB's. I forget which DB and WR were involved but they showed it in the replay. The DB has his hand in the WR's face and wasn't looking back toward the ball. Even Aikmen commented on how it should have been called.

There was that catch by Watson where the ball was clearly moving which some ref's would not have allowed that as a catch. The ref. said the ball didn't hit the ground, but obviously that's not what the rule says - it says you have to have control. Another catch by the Pat's got the same benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand the Bears got away with some very questionable calls on Defense, so of course Pat's fans will spend all week whining about what the Bears got away with.

Overall I would guess Belichick will say the outcome of the game depends almost entirely on how the Pat's play, not how the ref's happen to call it.

So what is your point in this misguided thread? Is your point that the refs got everything right? They didn't. Is your point to call out Pats fans for wanting decent officiating? Than the title of your thread should be 'Refs blew it as usual, stop whining fellow Pats fans'. Or is the point of your thread that Belichick won't use the bad officiating as an excuse?

Because the topic of this thread is just plain wrong. The officiating was botched for a number of reasons, it was not high quality or consistent or fair to the Pats.

One that wasn't called was face guarding penalty on one bears DB's. I forget which DB and WR were involved but they showed it in the replay. The DB has his hand in the WR's face and wasn't looking back toward the ball. Even Aikmen commented on how it should have been called.

That was a deep ball to Chad Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye