PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Indication Tommy Will Be Here Awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian's added a great new "ignore thread" function. It's under "thread tools".

The thread wasn't the problem. Shmessy solved the problem nicely. :)

I don't think that potential property purchases by the Super Rich are predictive of football decisions.

Hello????...tap...tap tap tap......is this thing on???

damn joker, impatient tonight? that was 2mins after your original question...

also, being "skeptical" about this is a stretch...there is nothing there that connects any pats player to this land

and who knows, maybe its a different patriot....maybe its welker?

I might just slip in there and buy that plot out from under him.

That's an expensive piece of property just to throw some dirt over someone for eternity.:cool:

He will live here 6 month of the year for the next 4-5 years at least. Needs a home that is exclusive and secure. I know there are cheaper options closer to the stadium, but it's the security of an exclusive enclave like the Kraft estate neighborhood that these two need.

his career with the pats is not relevant given it will likely take 4-5 years before anyone can even move in. unless gisele and wife along with the kids plan to live in a trailer on the property

the only thing that is relevant at this time is the timing of when their children start school

damn joker, impatient tonight? that was 2mins after your original question...

also, being "skeptical" about this is a stretch...there is nothing there that connects any pats player to this land

and who knows, maybe its a different patriot....maybe its welker?

Word up is it's Edelman. Pats could be signing him to a 5 year $40M contract any day now

his career with the pats is not relevant given it will likely take 4-5 years before anyone can even move in. unless gisele and wife along with the kids plan to live in a trailer on the property

the only thing that is relevant at this time is the timing of when their children start school

The Brentwood home was completed in 20 months, and if they are the ones buying that land in Brookline I doubt the home there would take more than a year to build as they likely won't be going for quite the mega factor. They'd probably live wherever they did this past season in the interim...no need for a trailer. It would really irk you if they extend him and he's here for another 5-6 years, wouldn't it...

The Brentwood home was completed in 20 months, and if they are the ones buying that land in Brookline I doubt the home there would take more than a year to build as they likely won't be going for quite the mega factor. They'd probably live wherever they did this past season in the interim...no need for a trailer. It would really irk you if they extend him and he's here for another 5-6 years, wouldn't it...

lol.....you actually think you have a clue

they bought brentwood in 2008....so it took a little longer than 20 months......it'll take over a year just to break ground regardless of square footage.....

wouldnt irk me at all......I just don't think its going to happen

Re: This screams extension...

Seems kinda pointless to build two mansions, but whatever.

The LAST thing Tom needs is an "extension". He's already fathered 3 children.

That is like saying it's seems ridiculous to have 2 homes, but I know lots of people who do and you usually buy what you can afford if not more than you can afford. In the case of a celebrity couple like these two, they can afford anything and will be buying exclusivity, privacy to the best extent possible and having something that suits their taste as opposed to something they settle for or spend a ton renovating to something that still isn't ideal for them. I don't expect the Brookline manse to be quite as expansive as the LA one. That took 18 months to build, this will probably be ready for occupancy in half that time.

That is like saying it's seems ridiculous to have 2 homes, but I know lots of people who do and you usually buy what you can afford if not more than you can afford. In the case of a celebrity couple like these two, they can afford anything and will be buying exclusivity, privacy to the best extent possible and having something that suits their taste as opposed to something they settle for or spend a ton renovating to something that still isn't ideal for them. I don't expect the Brookline manse to be quite as expansive as the LA one. That took 18 months to build, this will probably be ready for occupancy in half that time.

The situation might also be that this parcel dictates a bigger house since it's private. When it comes to resale in the future, you're better off building something that fits the land than knocking down a home and building bigger.

Wonder if it will have a moat? Then they could build an inland waterway to connect the two homes.

This has been pointed out before not sure if it is the same property as before but they are looking for a new home in the area.

But I also recall someone else pointing out and it made sense to me that regardless of what happens the rest of the way the guy is a legend in these parts and will surely be doing plenty of business in this area for the rest of his life. So while it seems a good indication of an an extension it doesn't have to mean anything.

But I also recall someone else pointing out and it made sense to me that regardless of what happens the rest of the way the guy is a legend in these parts and will surely be doing plenty of business in this area for the rest of his life. So while it seems a good indication of an an extension it doesn't have to mean anything.

Agree -- When you have the kind of money Tom/Gisele have -- the thought of building a Brookline mansion has nothing to do with your contract situation.

Here's simple reasoning if I were Tom:

Might live there for 5 years. Might come back regularly after retirement. Would like to live in style in the Boston area.

Might be traded in 1-3 years and never come back. Worst case, the house sits empty while its being sold; or I take a loss of 10 million on the sale.

The benefits outweigh the risks (since 10 million potential worst case loss doesn't affect his lifestyle)

Well he also wants to get into politics after he retires what other state would he be all but a lock to win office in

Seems kinda pointless to build two mansions, but whatever.

Why? They live in New England more than half the time. The other place is in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back