PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Game, Pats Fans - A Few Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wide_Receiver

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure at least some of you recognize me, that said, today was a good game and certainly an entertaining one to watch.

Let's talk about the football game.

God damn, why did it take us 3 quarters to double Welker? That guy is a little **** and impossible to cover. So pesky, so quick in and out of his breaks, such a great understanding of coverage recognition, zone holes, and route running. I've never seen anybody run a better jerk route, no one. I really can't sing his praises enough, I used to call him a product of your system, but he is a special player.

What happened to Randy Moss in that game? He's usually good for three scores against us but he disappeared after the first quarter.

You guys completely dominated us up front defensively. We signed Jake Grove to block guys like Wilforka dn Kris Jenkins, too bad we had to throw Nate Garner out there. Can't stand Wilfork, but he gives us problems.

Your corners didn't want to challenge our wideouts at the point of attack all day long. Where was the bump when we were shreadding you with slant after slant?

Very pleased with the Miami pass rush today. Brady had a lot of time on several occasions, but late in the game when we needed it, his timing was at least disturbed.

My biggest discrepency with each of these teams today was game management. The Dolphins made some really, really bone-headed calls, particularly in the red area, but what was the deal wth the Pats offense in the 2nd half?

I think Belichick is a little too aggressive at times and needs to accept putting points on the board in some occasions.

What is the general feeling around Patriot Nation following this one? Obviously, you still lead the division, but things got a lot more interesting. You still think it's your's to lose?

I do, unfortunately.

I don't see the desire from Moss that Welker has. That's why he disapears. Good game.

Pretty sad when an opposing fan posts a thread that's better than most of the other ones being posted right now.

Thank you for a constructive and insightful breakdown from today - and good luck to your team the rest of the way.

Ian

What is the general feeling around Patriot Nation following this one? Obviously, you still lead the division, but things got a lot more interesting. You still think it's your's to lose?

Yes, and I think we will. This team as currently fielded has no business in the playoff's.

classy Dolfan

Pretty sad when an opposing fan posts a thread that's better than most of the other ones being posted right now.

Thank you for a constructive and insightful breakdown from today - and good luck to your team the rest of the way.

Ian

That was only about 1/10th of my analysis I do for thephins.com lol.

I felt like both teams made huge mistakes, neither team really deserved to win. I mean I thought the game was over several times when we failed to put points on the board following huge stops of you guys.

I love the guts and moxie of our young quarterback. He's going to be special.

The play Sam Aiken made over Sean Smith was just ridiculous to me. Smith couldn't have had better coverage and I thought for sure he'd pull down the INT. And then to miss the tackle, aye. That hurt.

You guys have a lot of targets and a lot of options to take pressure off Moss and Welker, I think you need to stop targeting Welker so much. I know, I know, he's automatic and a sure thing, but you have to involve the rest of the offense a lot more. You're calling on guys that have been irrelevant for 45 minutes, then you want them to make a big play for you.

It needs to be more like the Saints attack, spreading the ball all over the field and remaining balanced. You guys gave up on the run way too quickly. And look at your 2007 offense. Jabar Gaffney was a SERIOUS contributor to that team. Who is your Jabar Gaffney this year? You don't have one.

Yes, and I think we will. This team as currently fielded has no business in the playoff's.

Any Dolphins fan that came away from that game today thinking Miami is the better team is either dellusional or just plain dumb. We might have the more favorable stretch of games (not sure who you guys have left) but you are definitely a better football team. I want no part of playing the Pats in the playoffs if that situation were even to arise.

Ian

Constructive and insightful? He said we dominated them up front today. I saw Henne take a snap, make a ham sandwich and then throw the ball. If we dominated then we did it without pressuring the quarterback all game.

Constructive and insightful? He said we dominated them up front today. I saw Henne take a snap, make a ham sandwich and then throw the ball. If we dominated then we did it without pressuring the quarterback all game.

When I say dominating up front, that always refers to the running game at the point of attack. We could not move Wilfork for the life of us. Then again, we threw a practice squad guy at him.

When I say dominating up front, that always refers to the running game at the point of attack. We could not move Wilfork for the life of us. Then again, we threw a practice squad guy at him.

Against the run we were okay, but nonetheless you had a practice squad guy giving Henne a millenia to throw the ball. As far as I am concerned it is unacceptable and an embarassment. Good game by the way, you guys earned it.

I'm sure at least some of you recognize me, that said, today was a good game and certainly an entertaining one to watch.

Let's talk about the football game.

God damn, why did it take us 3 quarters to double Welker? That guy is a little **** and impossible to cover. So pesky, so quick in and out of his breaks, such a great understanding of coverage recognition, zone holes, and route running. I've never seen anybody run a better jerk route, no one. I really can't sing his praises enough, I used to call him a product of your system, but he is a special player.

What happened to Randy Moss in that game? He's usually good for three scores against us but he disappeared after the first quarter.

You guys completely dominated us up front defensively. We signed Jake Grove to block guys like Wilforka dn Kris Jenkins, too bad we had to throw Nate Garner out there. Can't stand Wilfork, but he gives us problems.

Your corners didn't want to challenge our wideouts at the point of attack all day long. Where was the bump when we were shreadding you with slant after slant?

Very pleased with the Miami pass rush today. Brady had a lot of time on several occasions, but late in the game when we needed it, his timing was at least disturbed.

My biggest discrepency with each of these teams today was game management. The Dolphins made some really, really bone-headed calls, particularly in the red area, but what was the deal wth the Pats offense in the 2nd half?

I think Belichick is a little too aggressive at times and needs to accept putting points on the board in some occasions.

I do, unfortunately.

Good point about the corners. Ginn is your deep threat. Giving Bess or Cam 3-4 yards to run slants and outs is poor coaching. The only thing I can think is that BB knows they have no pass rush and thus left the slant routes open hoping Henne would make mistakes.

classy Dolfan

lol this is the same guy who was banned four times as aqua4ever04 aka [wide_receiver] and welshed on a bet for a year. ya hes full of class lmao.

Last edited:
Good point about the corners. Ginn is your deep threat. Giving Bess or Cam 3-4 yards to run slants and outs is poor coaching. The only thing I can think is that BB knows they have no pass rush and thus left the slant routes open hoping Henne would make mistakes.

I would've pressed all day. Even when we got open behind the defense, Henne sailed it. I would've made us beat you deep before I backed off. I know Pennington isn't playing any more, but god damn our offense is still tailored around that conservative, protect the ball scheme. Personally, it makes me sick. We conceed points and put the game on our defense way too often. This would be a good thing, except our defense has been awful this year. Lol.

send me a copy of the Official Poster Name Decoder for my edification...and I'll try to be more discerning in the future

Another Fins fan here.
my observations:
The Pats had the fins down and out in the first half and needed to apply the choke hold. for some reason they did not. football is a game of momentum, if the pats score another in the first half, game is over.
The pats were running for what seemed to be 4 yards a crack, I think they should have ran more, execpt for the fact that no one was covering Welker.
Early in the game, when it was 4th and a few ( i think it was a couple of times) i thought coach B should have gone for it, but i wonder if the recent 4th down failures made him think twice.
On the positive side for the fins, i am happy with Henne's progression this year, i am a little leary of a "sophmore" slump next year. the attrocious fins receiving corp is at least good for the 5-15 yard grabs, no long bobms on this team.
Overall , i am not sure how the Pats didnt win this game, they let miami stay around long enough to grab it, but the pats should have closed this one out in the 1st half. i think the play calling for the pats really allowed miami to stay i n it.
In the end the Pats will win the division regardless. they are the best team to represent the AFC East any way you look at it.
good game and good luck the rest of the way

think the play calling for the pats really allowed miami to stay i n it.

wanna co-ordinator's job??
icon10.gif

Against the run we were okay, but nonetheless you had a practice squad guy giving Henne a millenia to throw the ball. As far as I am concerned it is unacceptable and an embarassment. Good game by the way, you guys earned it.

think the play calling for the pats really allowed miami to stay i n it.

wanna co-ordinator's job??
icon10.gif

Thanks but no thanks, i am nice and comfy right here in my armchair, watching others make the mistakes that i probably would as well!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to see this. how many 3rd downs did we blitz and get quick pressure on Henne, but the WRs weren't touched so they just blew the corners off the line and he was able to make the quick check down.
I'd like to see the percentage of completions against soft defense compared to when the WR is bumped, and then fax it to BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes