PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good game by James Sanders & Troy Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Though Troy got a holding call, he had a very solid game as the nickel-back.

James Sanders was Very solid (not spectacular) today. He didn't seem to be out of position and he made several solid tackles. Maybe the past few weeks of sitting on teh bench have helped him.

When Sanders flubbed that Javon Walker play, he took alot of abuse... justifiably. But Sanders was playing deep safety coverage on that play, not the position for which he is best suited. Since then, Walker's been torching the whole league like he's Jerry Rice. I believe overcoaching may have contributed to Sanders' lack of aggressiveness on that play, after the team's tackling embarrassment in the secondary against the Jets the previous week. With Rodney out, Sanders fits in nicely at SS, and his best quality, toughness, was on display vs. GB. Close to the LOS he's a sure tackler, a hard nosed tough kid who deserves another chance.

Last edited:
I would save praises for any of the players on our team when they show great effort against teams that ACTUALLY make the playoffs or are at least somewhat good or at least against all pro type players to which I think Green Bay has none or close to none...Today's performance was good BUT was expected to be,AND we need to show it against quality teams to really know how each player actually is progressing and consistently and rising up to the challenge of taking away crucial game changing plays from top NFL players instead of just beating up on the poor boys league like we did today-Its sort of like a bully in school who kicks the ass of all guys who are weak and tiny but until he knocks out that bigger,stronger kid-then hes just a bully and has no challenges - We need to stop all talk of us able to only beating up crap teams this year and go out and kick ass of the NFL elite for once,I am losing confidence we can do that until we actually go out and do it.​
Up and down days on a regular basis won't get you far in this league and sunday's game against the Bears will measure what players are getting better and what players should be sitting because of inconsistency vs. the leagues best and most consistent units,Our best players will show up this sunday and will be heard from during crunch time,hopefully most will put in a good effort to win.​

Last edited:
PATRIOT64 said:
I would save praises for any of the players on our team when they show great effort against teams that ACTUALLY make the playoffs or are at least somewhat good or at least against all pro type players to which I think Green Bay has none or close to none...Today's performance was good BUT was expected to be,AND we need to show it against quality teams to really know how each player actually is progressing and consistently and rising up to the challenge of taking away crucial game changing plays from top NFL players instead of just beating up on the poor boys league like we did today-Its sort of like a bully in school who kicks the ass of all guys who are weak and tiny but until he knocks out that bigger,stronger kid-then hes just a bully and has no challenges - We need to stop all talk of us able to only beating up crap teams this year and go out and kick ass of the NFL elite for once,I am losing confidence we can do that until we actually go out and do it.​
Up and down days on a regular basis won't get you far in this league and sunday's game against the Bears will measure what players are getting better and what players should be sitting because of inconsistency vs. the leagues best and most consistent units,Our best players will show up this sunday and will be heard from during crunch time,hopefully most will put in a good effort to win.​
Nothing like going out to left field with your reply.

Troy Brown is the Pats 5th CB on the Depth Chart. Sanders is the 3rd SS. They aren't starters at those positions for a reason. When they do well, it should be acknowledged.

And, while Farve had a bad game, he is still a QB that can hurt you with his arm normally.

PATRIOT64 said:

What a utterly stupid post. Did you see DaBruinz praise any of our the regulars? No, he praised our nickle corner back (who is a WR!) and our 3rd string SS. They both played well and i love seeing depth in the secondary.

DaBruinz said:
Nothing like going out to left field with your reply.

Troy Brown is the Pats 5th CB on the Depth Chart. Sanders is the 3rd SS. They aren't starters at those positions for a reason. When they do well, it should be acknowledged.

And, while Farve had a bad game, he is still a QB that can hurt you with his arm normally.

I was hoping someone had zeroed in on Sanders as the medium I watched from is blurry at best.

From the looks of things we're going to have to depend on any DBs we have to an extent and encouraging performances by Sanders bode well for this season and the future.

Troy got a holding call? I'm shocked!:D

PATRIOT64 said:

Please tell me about all the toughs in the Colts division...

RayClay said:
I was hoping someone had zeroed in on Sanders as the medium I watched from is blurry at best.

From the looks of things we're going to have to depend on any DBs we have to an extent and encouraging performances by Sanders bode well for this season and the future.

Troy got a holding call? I'm shocked!:D

Sanders does seem to be settling in. Tough to be injured your first year and then be 3rd on the depth chart. You can read the manual all you want but you can't get it until you go on the field trips.

Holding this week, taunting last week, sad to see an old dog go bad!:D

jczxohn1 said:
Sanders does seem to be settling in. Tough to be injured your first year and then be 3rd on the depth chart. You can read the manual all you want but you can't get it until you go on the field trips.

Holding this week, taunting last week, sad to see an old dog go bad!:D

Guess that chick from the Seattle web site was right-Dirtiest player in the league!!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back