Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Good Read for anyone interested:

Tom Brady returns: With QB, 'something's different' for Pats - USATODAY.com

Love this quote by Fred Taylor:

"Playing these guys a few times in the playoffs," Taylor says, "you look over and say, 'We can beat that team.'

"But then you get here, and you see his passion, you see the way he studies, you see how demanding he is of his players, the leadership right in front of you. You see why he's a proven winner."

Last edited:
Re: Good Feature on Brady by USA Today

That was really better than a great read and from a national paper. Great catch Ian. I do sense the game was mentally grinding him up, and the break may in the end have been a blessing in disguise career wise.

But family and friends say he is better for the cruel turn that followed a magical season in which he led the Patriots to the NFL's first 16-0 regular season while throwing for a record 50 touchdowns.

"There's no question, it's (a) blessing in disguise," says his father, Tom. "He's got a renewed vigor. It was almost like a sabbatical in the middle of his career.

Brady appears at ease as he strains to shake off almost a year's worth of rust during the early days of camp. He delights in his time off the field after previously being consumed by football.

He married supermodel Gisele Bundchen on Feb. 26 and dotes on his son, 22-month-old Jack. He shares custody with actress and former girlfriend Bridget Moynahan.

He says the perspective he gained while sidelined makes him better equipped to deal with everyday stresses.

"I'm more content, I think, in learning how to deal with those situations," he says. "A lot of things that have happened in my life you learn from, and, like I said, you use those as challenges."

Rodney Harrison, who played six seasons with Brady before retiring last offseason to become an NBC analyst, sees someone who added balance to his life.

"Obviously, he's gotten married and he's building a family," Harrison says. "Yes, there is a difference.

"A lot of times when you go through an injury such as what Tom went through, things start to fall into perspective. It's your family that's really important, because football comes to an end for all of us."

"It seems there is some sort of peace about him," Zolak says. "That is the best way to sum it up."

Great article- it makes me even more pumped up for the season to start- if that's possible. :D

To bump this because it was such a great read - here's another good quote from Brady about when he plays in real game action:

"There will be plenty of guys to test it," Brady says. "I'm going to get hit plenty. I'm sure it will be just fine."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye