Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Good" Experts on Football

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SamBamsFan, May 24, 2006.

1. SamBamsFan

SamBamsFan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Trey Wingo (somehow the name should say it all) is getting rightfully pummeled on another thread for comparing Roethlisberger's 1st Super Bowl to Brady's. The question came up, "Who are the good experts" in this day of watered-down, fast food journalism since the explosion of the internet.

Peter King- Gets some good info. I don't always agree w/ his takes, but it usually comes when he is asked for his personal takes, rather than facts.

Gosselin- Best writer on Football today. Sometimes Dallas Morning News is hard to access, but his weekly column is definitely worth it.

Len Pasquerelli- Espn.com's football beat writer/colomnist. Has the best network since McDonough when it comes to getting fresh info.

Ron Jaworski- Espn is trying to ruin a good thing putting him on panel discussions. His Chalkboard work that he sets up at NFL Films adds his inclusion to my list.

Any others?

2. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

boomer esiason

3. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like Lenny P, but Peter King's colonoscopy column turned my stomach so much that I can't read him anymore for fear that I will vomit.

I like Rich Eisen and most of the guys on NFL network.

4. Keegs

Keegs In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I never had the comcastic cable, just regular cable so i never checked out nfl network. But it is way better than espn nfl live. I just watch the espn morons for entertainment purposes now.

nothing is better on nfl live than the salisbury/clayton arguments. I think that is hilarious.

5. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +956 / 7 / -14

#75 Jersey

Pat Kirwan on NFL.com is the only columnist I read as if he knows what he's talking about.

Think he was a GM or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2005
  6. The Gr8est

The Gr8est In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -0

Absoluely agree. There is no better football writer than Pat Kirwan. I believe he used to be a GM for the Jets.

7. Pats/Hokies Fan

Pats/Hokies Fan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jaws' analysis of the Pats vs. Rams superbowl was the best thing I ever saw as far as football analysis.

8. shakadave

shakadave In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I like some of the unpopular (here) ones.

Peter King --- I don't read his column but I like him on the radio.

Sean Salisbury will always occupy a warm spot in my heart ever since he said (using the second person voice!) "Hey Bill Belichick, you're the greatest X's and O's coach, not now --- EVER!"

Boomer Esiason is very good, and particularly knowledgeable on the Pats.