PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good ESPN Article on Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSUPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this has been posted, but I went through the first three pages of thread titles and didn't see anything about it. I think this guy sums up the celebration nicely. Heres a sample:

Let's be clear about Sunday. What the Chargers (LaDainian Tomlinson in particular) got so angry about was Patriots players doing a mocking version of the dance that Shawne Merriman does every time he records a sack -- which is to say, the Chargers felt disrespected by someone doing an imitation of something that can be viewed as disrespectful every single time Merriman does it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/columns/story?columnist=kreidler_mark&id=2732068

Last edited:
Not exactly a full ringing endorsement (the entire column that is), but that statement you highlighted is right on the money

Good article. I actually agree on both major points he made. LT ashould shut up and the pats should act like they've been there before, because frankly they have. With that said though, it's not like all 53 pats were dancing and gloating. There were some who got carried away. It's also not like the whole charger team is acting like babies. Just LT and Rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back