Welcome to PatsFans.com

Good day for peace... the US no longer produce landmines all Chemical Weapons removed from Syria

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jun 27, 2014.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Flying under the radar are two very good stories which may help minimize "collateral damage", first all chemical weapons have been removed from Syria and the US will no longer produce landmines(they probably have about 2 million in storage)... next they need to sign the landmine treaty.

Two good developments, maybe they will stop building tanks that have been declared obsolete by Army Generals... but the "masters of war" will probably not allow that to happen.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/06/27/uk-usa-landmines-obama-idUKKBN0F218220140627

http://online.wsj.com/articles/removal-of-chemical-weapons-from-syria-is-completed-1403529356

2. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 1 / -9

IF SYRIA TOLD ME THE SUN WAS SHINING I WOULD PUT ON MY RAINCOAT
  5. Bobsyouruncle

Bobsyouruncle On the Roster

Ratings:
    +241 / 3 / -3

I don't know, to my knowledge the US military ceased using land mines years ago (20 or more). So non combatants can't be killed, all mines require a human to trigger them. Claymore mines are this type, they sit above the ground and have a wire to a trigger. There's also Volcano mines which self destruct after a few days. I can't see any reason to get rid of these weapons.

We do have soldiers who clear mines laid by others. US has probably cleared more minefields than anyone in the world, but that doesn't make good headlines.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +613 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Real inane to keep building obsolete weapons unless they are being built to be sold to other countries. Manufacturing facilities should either retool or go out of business ... I don't see our military going backwards with weapons. Drones and precision bombing have rendered tanks useless. I believe they are also still interested in ramping up rail guns and that would hurt tanks also.
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Guess people forgot about Syria when McCain and his inner circle of Hawks wanted to go to war with them over this as they claimed it would never happen... and we should just bomb the crap out of women and children.

Speaking of inane weapons a much heralded F-35 caught fire in Phoenix last week, grounding the whole fleet... this is part of the 392 billion dollar program, that has been rife with fraud and overruns since its inception.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-grounds-entire-f-fighter-jet-fleet/11582365/

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 1 / -9

Drop your gun, the bad guy will smile then he will kill you with his gun.
  9. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Good post. I wasn't aware of the land mine story. Makes sense that if the mines were obsolete the US would sell the product to other countries...........they hate us for our freedom, right.