Welcome to PatsFans.com

Good Chance Pats-Chargers Rematch in AFCDG

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by miDeuce, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miDeuce

miDeuce Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Assuming Pittsburgh pulls it out tonight there's probably a good chance we see the winner of San Diego - Jacksonville in the playoffs. I'd pick SD but only by a silm margin if only because they'd be at home (not that that mattered to the Pats last year). I like how the Pats would match up with both of them. Until either QB wins a big game neither of them scare me.

Hope to see Pittsburg win tonight and keep the heat on the Colts. Pittsburgh at Indy is a whole lot less intruiging that Indy at Pittsburgh.
  2. National Sports Advisors

National Sports Advisors Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Exactly. The pats will roll over either team. The only team that somewhat concerns me in the divisional round is Denver if they make it. I know they suck, but they always seem to play their best against us and make us look bad.
  3. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I want to play Denver so bad, everyone here does.

Kill the "Denver owns us" talk, as seen above, forever.
  4. miDeuce

miDeuce Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah unfortunatley if they lose today in Oakland they are donezo. (down 24-13 start of the 4th.). I think Jax could probably beat them in Wild Card too, even at Mile High. Their run D is ****e.
  5. Hollywood_Brady

Hollywood_Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

not so fast...chargers entering the post-season at #4, they will probably face the jax jaguars and they seem vunerable facing the jaguars...
  6. chrisfx811

chrisfx811 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Chargers vs Jags, I'd take the Jags all day.

They will present a good challenge for the Pats in the playoffs.
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Barring a catastrophic performace there's only one team I worry about heading into the playoffs. Manning's team. The others - who cares.
  8. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

not if mannings team plays like tehy did today...i saw the whole game, and INDY won mostly by luck...or the defenses miscommunication at the right time
  9. Boston Jay

Boston Jay Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The only reason I wouldn't want to face the Chargers..

The fans, lord help us here at the board if the Pats have to face that team again.
  10. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

every team needs a bit of luck to win. Division games are tough to win anyway and the jags made mistakes which isnt the colts fault. happens in all games. jags had a chance and they commited penalties and mistakes so they lost.just like the eagles lost last week.
  11. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 2 / -2

Let's just bury everybody we face in the postseason...that will solve all these "problems"
  12. BradyToMoss

BradyToMoss Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jags would hammer the crap out of SD and Phil Phoney Rivers, NE/Jax and Indy/Pitt would be the match ups.

With that said, I like the Steelers chances going into the RCA Dome, they can win there, they've done it before.
  13. djmika760

djmika760 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well Jax is good but not too consistent...just like us. They are definitely not a shoe-in. Got beat by Indy twice and a horrible one against Nawlins. Pitt is even more unstable with loses against AZ, DEN, and the friggin Jets!!! And barely squeaked by the winless Fins. Cummon now.
  14. PantsB

PantsB Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Id take Cleveland or Jax over SD this year with Norv Turner as the HC. I might even consider the Titans.

Then again, the way the Steelers have been playing of late they aren't a lock. For instance.... Safety!
  15. rhodeislandpatsfan

rhodeislandpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When a team is playing at the level of the Pats I doubt they concern themselves w/ whom they may play, they will be ready. As a fan I just hope we do get chance to beat the Charges because of their arrogance and to continue w/beating the Colts and Cowboys for a second time even the biggest detractors would have to admit that would be the greatest team accomplishment in the NFL.
  16. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think Jacksonville would toast San Diego in a wildcard matchup. San Diego just hasn't shown me anything this year to make me think they're good enough to win a playoff game. In their only "good" win vs Indy, they were far out-statisticked.
  17. Haterproof

Haterproof Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think a Steelers vs Colts playoff game would be very interesting.The 2 teams haven't met since the 2005 divisonal playoff game (in which Pittsburgh won).The Steelers match up better against the Colts than do with the Pats.
  18. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't think we will play either of them. I am going to make the prediction on in week 13

Wildcard Round
    Cleveland over Pittsburgh
    Jax Over SD

Divisonal round
    Jax over Indy :eek: :eek:
    NE over Cleveland

Championship

NE Over Jax

Super Bowl

NE over GB
  19. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Never gonna happen. They are toast.
  20. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was wrong about Denver. It appears they are done as far as the playoffs are concerned.

Pittsburgh will beat Cleveland again in the playoffs. The game might be close but Pittsburgh has their number. Jax just might beat SD though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.