Good Blurb by Carucci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats4life

Rookie
Reaction score
First time poster short while lurker.
I had not seen this article posted and what a quote by Teddy :rocker:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8027a2f7&template=with-video&confirm=true&campaign=ec0005

"I love this quote from Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi: "I saw what some of the other players (around the NFL) said (in response to the Pats' videotaping scandal). You had all these doubts and all these hypotheticals. I got a hypothetical for you. Let's get all the players that played with us and bring them back and let's get all the players that you had on those teams and let's play again. We would win again. Period."

I think it was already posted but.....you gotta love Teddy! I hope he plays for us into his 40's!

Yeah, something tells me today's Kurt Warner wouldn't be able to beat the Patriots. ;)

Thanx for the sig!

Welcome aboard, lurker, the whole article's a good find. Here's the Patriots quotation in its entirety:

I love his quote from Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi: "I saw what some of the other players (around the NFL) said (in response to the Pats' videotaping scandal). You had all these doubts and all these hypotheticals. I got a hypothetical for you. Let's get all the players that played with us and bring them back and let's get all the players that you had on those teams and let's play again. We would win again. Period."

I agree. And I'll say it again: The notion that the Patriots' long run of success has been tainted is ludicrous. This remains a great team with the greatest coach and arguably the greatest quarterback in the game. That statement couldn't have been clearer as the Patriots steamrolled the Chargers, who have perhaps the most talented roster in the league. Continued bashing of the Pats comes off as so much whining from players, coaches and fans of the many teams which have been on the wrong side of the score against them.

Good stuff from Carucci.

Last edited:
Yeah, something tells me today's Kurt Warner wouldn't be able to beat the Patriots. ;)

He couldn't *then* when it matters, and you're right that he can't *now* either :D

First time poster short while lurker.
I had not seen this article posted and what a quote by Teddy :rocker:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8027a2f7&template=with-video&confirm=true&campaign=ec0005

"I love this quote from Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi: "I saw what some of the other players (around the NFL) said (in response to the Pats' videotaping scandal). You had all these doubts and all these hypotheticals. I got a hypothetical for you. Let's get all the players that played with us and bring them back and let's get all the players that you had on those teams and let's play again. We would win again. Period."

You left out the best part of his article, what he said after that quote

Carucci said:
I agree. And I'll say it again: The notion that the Patriots' long run of success has been tainted is ludicrous. This remains a great team with the greatest coach and arguably the greatest quarterback in the game. That statement couldn't have been clearer as the Patriots steamrolled the Chargers, who have perhaps the most talented roster in the league. Continued bashing of the Pats comes off as so much whining from players, coaches and fans of the many teams which have been on the wrong side of the score against them.

Look at the very last thing I have highlighted.

If you want have any doubt about where all the venom is coming from, look no further then this line

"Continued bashing of the Pats comes off as so much whining from players, coaches and fans of the many teams which have been on the wrong side of the score against them"

Last edited:
You left out the best part of his article, what he said after that quote

Look at the very last thing I have highlighted.

If you want have any doubt about where all the venom is coming from, look no further then this line

"Continued bashing of the Pats comes off as so much whining from players, coaches and fans of the many teams which have been on the wrong side of the score against them"

Bingo! We have a bingo!

The Patriots are everything fans of other teams wish their teams could be. After the past off-season the Pats appeared ready to dominate the league for another 3-4 year stretch. When the opportunity came for the media, fans, and opposing coaches (thankfully not the old-schoolers) to derail this probability they gleefully took the opportunity.

If you can't be the best, then maybe destroying the best will make you feel better about yourself, but know this, it is pure envy, because if Kraft was to fire BB, there would be 31 teams changing their tune and clamoring to get BB to become their HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back