PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good article on the art of play-action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article. Surprising that Brady's stellar QB rating w/PA has not been discussed more.

Funny how they start the article talking about both QBs (essentially as equals) but Manning's rating pales by comparison when you look at the stat boxes.

that's good , if you've ever seen peyton disect the jags, you know mathis is a fool for the PA pass

A little OT but not really worth its own thread.

Reiss said that Brady led Manning in most every category but Manning had the better rating. He did not expand.

Does anyone know the reason? BTW I have heard enough why the rating system is not a end all statistic. .

I would love to design a new QB rating system. Its ridiculous to me that there is a cap/max.

If I came up with something good how would I get paid for it? Once the formula is out there and being used by the media then it doesn't seem like the originator has any control or leverage.

I seem to remember a couple of years ago; Brady said that Peyton had a better fake than he did and he was studying his tapes to copy some of his moves.
(not sure if that was sincere or just BB inspired pre-game hype of the opponent but as I recall it I thought it was sincere and not offered up right before a head to head)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots