Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9620047?patriots82606

One snippet:
Considering everything Kraft has accomplished in the salary cap era of professional football, and how he rescued the franchise from the toilet and moved it into the penthouse, Kraft must be considered the current best owner in all of sports and right near the top of the list when you rank every owner in sports history.

PatsRI said:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9620047?patriots82606

One snippet:
Considering everything Kraft has accomplished in the salary cap era of professional football, and how he rescued the franchise from the toilet and moved it into the penthouse, Kraft must be considered the current best owner in all of sports and right near the top of the list when you rank every owner in sports history.

A sermon to the choir as far as we're all concerned, I'm sure, but a lively, fun read. Thanks for posting!

I'm as big a fan of Bob Kraft as anyone and I loved the article, but what's up with this statement?

-- "The games never sold out. Not one sellout in the decades before Kraft."

I believe the guy is the greatest owner also, but a little journalistic credibility please?

The other credibility killer in this is the poll question next to the article:

Is the Patriots dynasty over?
A: All good things must come to an end
B: They have one more run left in them

That's all the choices given. Evidently the writer or editor knows nothing of the DL and OL ages, the 13 (and counting) draft choices for next year and the incredibly good salary cap position that this franchise holds for the next several years (hello accelerated money for Sey and Brady helping us in future years).

I refused to vote in this poll because both choices shortchange the true potential of the franchise.

I missed the Bobby Grier era. Is that on another page.:confused:

but...is is true about the snowballs in the freezer with batteries to throw them against Patriots players ?
when it was ? in wich times ? '90 ?

italianpatthepatriot said:
but...is is true about the snowballs in the freezer with batteries to throw them against Patriots players ?
when it was ? in wich times ? '90 ?

I had always heard it was frozen hot dogs pelted at the players. The battery snowballs thing I had not heard.

Ouch.

Kraft did make the club respectable through security so families could enjoy games, but a lot of this article is bunk.

Kraft lucked into Parcells as a coach who he didn't hire.

When Kraft took full control, along with Bobby Grier, the team started on a downward slide.

Once he left the football operations to BB, he became a great owner because he concentrated on funding the stadium and team.

Well, I guess the luck part between Kraft and Parcells had to do more with Kraft getting to know BB than anything, because I don't think the relationship was a highlight for either man. Although it's true that the fortunes of the franchise turned more with the Parcells/Bledsoe era than anything else.

Kraft's single best decision was hiring BB against the advice of many. But even he concedes he didn't do it soon enough.

Last edited:
RayClay said:
Kraft did make the club respectable through security so families could enjoy games, but a lot of this article is bunk.

Kraft lucked into Parcells as a coach who he didn't hire.

When Kraft took full control, along with Bobby Grier, the team started on a downward slide.

Once he left the football operations to BB, he became a great owner because he concentrated on funding the stadium and team.

I think you are overlooking the fact that Kraft actually learned from his mistakes. The league is riddled with owners who never change and let thier ego's rule them. Kraft knew he made a mistake and rectified it.

I always heard it was Cleveland with the batteries. Maybe the guy got into some BB research and overgeneralized

PatsFanInVa said:
I always heard it was Cleveland with the batteries. Maybe the guy got into some BB research and overgeneralized
Perhaps claiming to have been hit by one and addressed with a racial derogatory is literary licentiousness, I have no take on his character/history to guess, but taken at face value, he has a strong claim. C'mon shmessy, confession is good for the soul. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots