PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good article on Brady's thoughts about Plaxico Burress

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Mod edit: Folks, you HAVE to put the attribution link in. You CANNOT just cut and paste an entire article without a link. Doing that can put this website in a heap of trouble. Please help us keep this site open. Thanks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080130/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_super_bowl_plax_s_prediction

Brady Doesn't Think Much of Plaxico's PredictionPHOENIX

-- Tom Brady scoffed. Plaxico Burress wondered what all the attention was about.

Brady was puzzled by Burress' prediction that the New York Giants would beat the New England Patriots 23-17 in Sunday's Super Bowl. The fact Burress picked the Giants hardly surprised the league's MVP. The score certainly did.

"We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said Wednesday morning before chuckling. "OK. Is Plax playing defense?

"I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for more points."

Considering the Patriots set an NFL record by scoring 589 points, Brady's 50 touchdown passes were the most ever for one season, and Randy Moss broke Jerry Rice's mark with 23 TD catches, Burress might have been a bit chintzy.

"I know they have confidence. They should have confidence," Brady said. "They are the NFC champions.

"I learned a lesson early in my career: No matter what you say during the week -- and God knows we say a lot this week -- we're going to be focused on going out and winning this game. We're confident, but I don't think we share our thoughts with everybody."

Plaxico Burress' score prediction got the media's attention on Wednesday.

Burress did. And when he showed up 33 minutes late for the Giants' media session Wednesday morning, there was speculation the wide receiver was trying to avoid the spotlight.

Turns out Burress was spending time with his 1-year-old son and family at breakfast, claiming he was unaware so many people wanted to interrogate him about his prediction.

Nor was he aware, he said, that a hefty fine comes with missing a Super Bowl week media session.

"I don't understand what the fuss is about," Burress said, surrounded by at least as many TV cameras, microphones and notepads as Brady was two hours earlier. "Nobody wants to lose.

"All this is entertainment, It's sports and sports are entertainment. So 23-17 is the prediction I made, but the game still has to be played."

Told about Brady's reaction to that score, Burress said he wasn't dissing anyone.

"I'm not taking anything away from what those guys accomplished," he said. "They set all the records you could possibly imagine. They have a great quarterback, the MVP, who threw for a record (50) touchdowns. Randy set a TD record for catches. They had two receivers with over 100 catches.

"The numbers don't lie about what they have done."

Nor do the numbers 23-17 lie about what Burress thinks.

"Hey, look how much fun everybody is having with it," he said. "It makes national, international headlines. But the game still has to be played."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Last edited:
The media is just a bunch of phucking scumbags.

I didn't see Burres's prediction, but I did see Tom's reaction.

He was smiling and jokingly said, well I wish he would have said 45 to 42 and given us a little more credit.

There was nothing to it at all. Tom didn't act in the least like he was offended by Plaxico's prediction. It was all in good fun.

Seeing how the media acted to Tom's response, and knowing what Tom's response really was, I can only assume they are blowing Plaxico prediction way beyond what he really said.

A non-story from the start. Plax was having fun. Brady didn't take it seriously. The media BLOWS. The only bias they ACTUALLY have is a bias for laziness and for the sensational. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing