Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Good read. :)
People are starting to think PATs offense will be Ok without branch. :confused:
But wait until Tommy gets his timing down with his new WRs ... they'll be stunned! :eek:
It really a very good thing he has a run game that can carry the Team
until then.

good article by freeman

a little tough on Tommy, but based on truth.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9667148

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- You would think, based on all of the hand wringing and petulant whimpering from players, the media and some fans, that when the New England Patriots decided to trade Deion Branch, they had actually stuck an M-16 rifle in his hands and ordered him to go hunt Taliban in Tajikistan.

The Pats will be OK as long as Brady handles the offense. (Getty Images)
Suddenly, knowledgeable football types acted as if their brains had been erased of all memories and sensibilities. When did football become cute and cuddly? When was it not a cruel, harsh business led by meat eaters and cutthroats, not men who dreamed of unicorns and fairy dust? When did Branch, a decent wide receiver, become Lynn Swann?

Did I miss that Deion Branch Hall of Fame ceremony somewhere?

(..... more at link above)

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to cut this down to a few paragraphs and the link or I'm sure one of the mods will do that for you.

But yes, that article is dead on the money. Players don't always like to buy all in to the system is the thing mantra since they feel it devalues talent. And the media hates to focus on the system mantra because it credits a HC and GM who don't curry favor with them and discourage their players from self promotion as well.

Thing is the system works even when the players at times fail or bail on it. In Denver last January the system held up it's end - had they just done their jobs - and job 1 in a Belichick system is to protect the ball and avoid costly mental errors - they would likely have been on their way to another Superbowl with what was essentially a .500 team due mostly to injuries for much of the season.

i dont see a need to cut anything. the whole article is good.

Finally, a voice of reason in the wilderness. Suddenly, Deion became TO? We can't "make it" without him? The Patriot's are "cheap?" Insanity all of it. Did anyone see ESPN and whats-his-name calling it "not cool" with him what went down with Deion? Oh grow up you coke snorting fiend. Deion didn't *die* he's with another contender earning far more than he's worth. The Patriot's have stuck to their guns and their method of "madness" that brought them 3 SB trophies. Unless and until they go into a total tailspin and fall out of contention for *years* there's no call to judge their system so harshly. Of course these former players are going to be on side of the player trying *snort* to "feed their family." Idiots all of them.:p

Digger44 said:
i dont see a need to cut anything. the whole article is good.
You missed the extra point.

I loved that "hand wringing and petulant whining" remark. After a perusal of some of the morning newspapers it still seems like there is a lot of that going on. I couldn't read beyond the Globe, it seems like there was more interest in the coaches handshake than there was in what good play came durig the game.

I loved it! It is the best column I've read in a long time about the situation!

The guy pulls no punches and tells it like it is!!! :woohoo:

Good article. It IS a little tough on Tom, though. I mean, Tom isn't going to endear himself to other players if he clearly sides with the FO end of things. His actions are understandable, IMO.

A frightening accurate article on the current Patriots.....Good post. Thanks for sharing.

A

MoLewisrocks said:
You need to cut this down to a few paragraphs and the link or I'm sure one of the mods will do that for you.

But yes, that article is dead on the money. Players don't always like to buy all in to the system is the thing mantra since they feel it devalues talent. And the media hates to focus on the system mantra because it credits a HC and GM who don't curry favor with them and discourage their players from self promotion as well.

Thing is the system works even when the players at times fail or bail on it. In Denver last January the system held up it's end - had they just done their jobs - and job 1 in a Belichick system is to protect the ball and avoid costly mental errors - they would likely have been on their way to another Superbowl with what was essentially a .500 team due mostly to injuries for much of the season.

You are correct, sir.

I will go to my grave believing that, had they not coughed up the ball 5 times, a 4th Lombardi would be on display at the Razor. The AFCC game vs. the Steelers would have been a classic, but I think the Pats pull out a close one in a defensive struggle. As for Seattle, with 2 weeks to prepare? Please.
The Pats lost in Denver because of human error, not because they were ill-prepared. Yesterday they were prepared for a shutout, but because of human error (incompetant tackling), the score was closer than it should have been. As the season progresses, the basics of blocking and tackling should hopefully catch up to the weekly implementation and execution of the game plan.

Bella*chick said:
Good article. It IS a little tough on Tom, though. I mean, Tom isn't going to endear himself to other players if he clearly sides with the FO end of things. His actions are understandable, IMO.

I love Brady, but I think the article was hysterical.

"The normally cool Tom Brady spilled his guts over the loss of Branch like he was on the couch with Oprah talking about a divorce. The more he grew droopy eyed, the more I thought he was going to tattoo "I love Deion" on his bicep.

Brady supposedly sent a text message to Branch's new quarterback about how much he would enjoy playing with Branch. What is Brady? A teenage girl?

kurtinelson said:
I love Brady, but I think the article was hysterical.

Oh, yeah, not saying it wasn't funny, but it was kind of harsh.

I did think the text message thing was a bit much.

Last edited:
captain stone said:
You are correct, sir.

I will go to my grave believing that, had they not coughed up the ball 5 times, a 4th Lombardi would be on display at the Razor. The AFCC game vs. the Steelers would have been a classic, but I think the Pats pull out a close one in a defensive struggle. As for Seattle, with 2 weeks to prepare? Please.
The Pats lost in Denver because of human error, not because they were ill-prepared. Yesterday they were prepared for a shutout, but because of human error (incompetant tackling), the score was closer than it should have been. As the season progresses, the basics of blocking and tackling should hopefully catch up to the weekly implementation and execution of the game plan.

Stay alive man...you will see #4 this year.

I just hope Brady's spirit has not been broken here.

fgssand said:
Stay alive man...you will see #4 this year.

I just hope Brady's spirit has not been broken here.

Barring major injuries, and turnovers, and missed tackles, I feel better now about #4 than I did before the season started. I am less concerned about TB's spirit (after all, he was the first to receive an extension over a year before his current contract had expired; precedent was therefore set for Seemore$$ and The Holdout), than I am about his rapport with his WRs, esp. the gilmore girl; he does seem to have a new friend in Chad Jackson, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes