Who is GONE in FA?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Time to decision weeks is closing. Which of our main FAs do you think we'll lose?

Welker
Talib
Vollmer
Woodhead
Edelman
Arrington
Thomas

I think Edelman, Thomas and Arrington (less sure here) stay.
The Welker ship sailed with the lack of agreement last year.
Love Woodhead but can't afford the cap hit with Vereen so cheap :(
Someone will pay too much for Vollmer :mad:
Talib will grab the largest contract with the least behavioral penalty clauses. BB will try to sign a decent FA CB.

I don't care about Hooman and the rest with the exception of Ballard whom I would be shocked if we didn't sign.

I voted Wes, Woody, and Arrington are gone all others stay.

Wes I think it is %60-40 he is gone and I think about %80-20 he tests the market(Small chance we lock him up first smaller chance we tag). I think there is a decent chance we have offered close enough to what might be available in a tough offseason for free agents based on available cap across the league but it only takes one team so chances are better he leaves than stays but not by much.

Woody - I think we all love him and no one would be mad if we spent to keep him but one has to think based on others at the position that money is best spent elsewhere.

Arrington - He is a good slot but I just dont want to see him back as I would like my slot to be able to back up the starters and Arrington cant play outside. if we bring him back we still need a good back up CB.

Thomas - Versatile shouldnt cost to much seems like a no brainer to bring back.

Edelman - He would be wise to continue his developement and if Wes is gone he will have a lead on tons of reps and he hasnt done enough to comand big money anyway so this should not cost much.

Volmer - He is a beast and this will be greatly determined by health which we as fans dont know as well as the team and by Cannons ability and again we cant know what they truly think of Cannon as a full time starter at Tackle. Going purely by how good he is I see no reason not to pony up for Brady's protection.

Talib - The toughest of my predicted keeps because of his off field issues it might be hard to come up with the right deal given what top end CBs make. In the end we cant take another step back at the position so I think we have to pony up.

I don't think Talib showed enough here to warrant the money he is going to command. I'm not saying he was bad, in fact I liked him and I think his presence opened up other options for the team.

But I just think he'll want huge money.

I think Welker is slightly more likely to stay than Talib but it's guaranteed, practically, that he will test the market at this point.

I think Thomas will want a starting job somewhere and will get it at a higher rate than we can pay for him.

The rest, however, stay. Especially Woodhead, Edelman, Vollmer and Arrington. These are players who I think will sign at contracts that are reasonable and represent their value to the team.

Welker - staying
Talib - dependent upon asking price and willingness to accept safeguards
Vollmer - gone
Woodhead - staying
Edelman - staying
Arrington - staying
Thomas - gone if he can find a starting job, staying if he can't

I voted Welker and Vollmer as my candidates for egress.

Talib, Vollmer, Edelman and Woodhead are all gone, IMO. I still think that Welker stays.

Well this attempt at a poll is now toast. Looks like Brady will get to keep Welker with the infusion of cap space.

I'd like to change my response to have Welker coming back :lol2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back