PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Golic seems a little mad at Tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, this is a fight Brady can't win. ESPN is on the air 24/7, shown nationwide. Brady isn't, and has better things to focus on.

ESPN"s job is to talk and talk and talk and talk. Brady's job is to beat other NFL teams on the Patriots' schedule. There can be no victory here...

he's not a big pats guy either but because of espn's over the top bias, he seemed like he was pro pats.

He was great the day of the Super Bowl. Steve Young kept hammering the Pats for filming the Rams walkthrough, and Salisbury just kept saying "It's just speculation!", which Young would sort of acknowledge.

If they keep it up and the Pats keep winning,which is a good bet then they will be frozen out of any access, or interviews etc. except for any mandatory NFL media day events.

Even mandatory events can go like this:

BB: Don't let the 78-0 score fool you, the 49ers are a tough team
Sal Palantonio: When you went for it on 4th and three were you purposely trying to drive up the score to make a point?
BB: Who are you, again?
SP: Sal Palantonio of ESPN.
BB: Who of what?
BB: You see, Sal, the person who gets the ball snapped to him is called the "Quarter Back" He can throw the ball to an eligible receiver or hand it to a gun who'll run it.
SP: That did not answer my question.
BB: Sorry, who are you again?
BB: You see, Sal, this football, not slanted questions. Would you like to try it again.
SP: When you went for it on 4th and three were you purposely trying to drive up the score to make a point?
BB: Haven't you already made up your mind?
Jay Glazer of Fox Sports: When you went for it on 4th and three were you purposely trying to drive up the score to make a point?
BB: That is a good question, Jay. I won't answer it because I think a great question like that deserves an exclusive.
SP: Hey, that was my question.
BB: Anymore questions
SP: Yes, When Miller threw deep on 3rd and long in the 4th qtr., were you purposefully trying to run up the score?
BB: Oh your still here? What was your name again?
SP: Don't you know my name yet? It is not hard. I am SAL PALANTONIO OF ESPN.
BB: Nice to meet you Mr Paul and Tony oh. Any other questions from anyone not yelling? No? OK. See you next week. Oh, Jay, come here and we can set that up.

From what i remember Belichick refused to give them an interview a few years ago. Many here have conjectured that that is the reason for the hate directed at the Pats and BB. He didn't grant the interview because of comments made that season. To bad i can remember this but not the year it happened.

2003. The players hate their coach. Censorable reply at Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Unfortunately, this is a fight Brady can't win. ESPN is on the air 24/7, shown nationwide. Brady isn't, and has better things to focus on.

ESPN"s job is to talk and talk and talk and talk. Brady's job is to beat other NFL teams on the Patriots' schedule. There can be no victory here...

I'd rather Brady did not reply. He stated the obvious and can't bothered by morons.

As much as I appreciate and respect hearing Brady's opinions on ESPN, it just doesnt pay. Those guys can and will always have the last word. And its always going to be right because it'll just be their opinion.

Sometimes things just need to be said and Tom Brady was right on. This media is agenda driven and corrupt. Why are some of you so afraid that someone actually uses a public forum to hit this corrupt media back after they've spent months abusing the Patriots? I'm hoping more Patriots come out swinging. Think what you'll find is most mediots can dish all day long but they can't take even one critical interview from Tom Brady. I LOVE IT!!!!

People aren't dumb. People will understand it if mediots are taking potshots at Brady. It diminishes them, but only if Brady continues to produce, win and throw TDs. If Brady flops, then of course he looks like a moron.

Even mandatory events can go like this:

BB: Don't let the 78-0 score fool you, the 49ers are a tough team
Sal Palantonio: When you went for it on 4th and three were you purposely trying to drive up the score to make a point?
BB: Who are you, again?
BB: Who of what?
BB: You see, Sal, the person who gets the ball snapped to him is called the "Quarter Back" He can throw the ball to an eligible receiver or hand it to a gun who'll run it.
SP: That did not answer my question.
BB: Sorry, who are you again?
BB: You see, Sal, this football, not slanted questions. Would you like to try it again.
SP: When you went for it on 4th and three were you purposely trying to drive up the score to make a point?
BB: Haven't you already made up your mind?
Jay Glazer of Fox Sports: When you went for it on 4th and three were you purposely trying to drive up the score to make a point?
BB: That is a good question, Jay. I won't answer it because I think a great question like that deserves an exclusive.
SP: Hey, that was my question.
BB: Anymore questions
SP: Yes, When Miller threw deep on 3rd and long in the 4th qtr., were you purposefully trying to run up the score?
BB: Oh your still here? What was your name again?
SP: Don't you know my name yet? It is not hard. I am SAL PALANTONIO OF ESPN.
BB: Nice to meet you Mr Paul and Tony oh. Any other questions from anyone not yelling? No? OK. See you next week. Oh, Jay, come here and we can set that up.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He's just mad that Brady said what a lot of other people think but are to cowardly to say. HEY GOLIC YOU BETTER NOT ASK BRADY for an interview anytime soon.

Golic isn't even on the same football planet as Brady.

Brady has no need to waste his time talking to that Roid Monkey.

I used to listen to Mike and Mike every day .

now it's very very rare that i listen to it...

iam surprised florio and pft haven't mentioned golic today. they despise greenberg and golic quite a bit.

As much as I appreciate and respect hearing Brady's opinions on ESPN, it just doesnt pay. Those guys can and will always have the last word. And its always going to be right because it'll just be their opinion.

This being said, why do people still listen to the sh!te????

Golic has actually been a loud defender of the Patriots throughout the 2007. Even after we got caught filming, he downplayed the significance of the supposed advantages the tapes would bring us. When many were crying that we were running up the score, Golic was literally telling people to "stop it". Golic is actually quite fair in how he treats us. Greenberg, makes no secret that he is a Jets fan, but he has treated us fairly to, all things considered.

Last edited:
I think Golic is just sayin that cause he's probably a Rats fan like greeny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back