PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goldson Suspended for Pats game [Update: Overturned]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Gholston Suspended for Pats game

Actually, I wouldn't want a dirty player like Goldson on my squad.

I don't care how good he's perceived to be by the fanbase, the guy is a scumbag of the worse kind. I put him in the same category of Suh. Anyone who intentionally goes out to injure people should not be in league.

Ok be honest now how many times did you boo rodney harrison when he took the field for us?

Re: Gholston Suspended for Pats game

Actually, I wouldn't want a dirty player like Goldson on my squad.

I don't care how good he's perceived to be by the fanbase, the guy is a scumbag of the worse kind. I put him in the same category of Suh. Anyone who intentionally goes out to injure people should not be in league.

Ehh. I think your going overboard a little bit here. He made some iffy plays 2 weeks in a row, but besides that I never heard his name come up in the dirty players category. Ed Reed last year had some questionable hits, but I'd never call him a dirty player.

I'd call Sun, James Harrison, and our old friend Merriweather, dumb, dirty, football players ....but not Goldson

Ok be honest now how many times did you boo rodney harrison when he took the field for us?
If a player is intentionally trying to harm his opponent and basically put them in the hospital, in this day and age, with everything we know about player safety, then I don't want that player on my team, much less even cheer for them. There are no exceptions to that.

I'm all for playing physical and tough, like Rodney did for years. It's when you cross the line and try to intentionally blow guys' knees out or cause concussions from helmet-to-helmet shots that cost people a chance at their livelihood, that I have a problem with. It is borderline criminal and goes way beyond the legal boundary.

If any Patriots player played like that I wouldn't never cheer for them or want them on the team at all, because that is despicable, shameless behavior. I have not one iota of respect for anyone who plays the game like that.

Ehh. I think your going overboard a little bit here. He made some iffy plays 2 weeks in a row, but besides that I never heard his name come up in the dirty players category. Ed Reed last year had some questionable hits, but I'd never call him a dirty player.

I'd call Sun, James Harrison, and our old friend Merriweather, dumb, dirty, football players ....but not Goldson
Your post is mostly opinionated, but in reality, Goldson has flagged more times for helmet-to-helmet hits since the start of the 2010 season than any of those players you listed. Unless, you've been living under a rock for these past 4 seasons, Goldson has had the reputation of being a dirty since 2010. I can't see how any NFL fan who follows the sport could be oblivious to that fact.

It's not overboard to call a dirty player dirty. He's rightly earned that reputation and the amount of times he's been fined/flagged proves that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes