PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goldson Suspended for Pats game [Update: Overturned]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Josh, I'd send Hooman and Dobson up the seam right at Goldson and dare him to defend a few passes. Two good things can happen. Either they catch it (unlikely), or they draw a pass interference penalty.

If I were Josh, I'd send Hooman and Dobson up the seam right at Goldson and dare him to defend a few passes. Two good things can happen. Either they catch it (unlikely), or they draw a pass interference penalty.

If I were Belichick, I'd send Hooman to the waiver wire.

Dobson's already had what looked to be contact issues. I think the last thing that kid needs right now is to get lit up before he feels NFL confident.

The best indicator of future behavior is of past behavior. Goldson's history suggests that he will try to be extra physical and dole out illegal hits.

The Patriots skill position players better be on guard because he's likely going to try to injure one of them.

More likely they catch it or miss it and get 15 yards when he blows them up.

The best indicator of future behavior is of past behavior. Goldson's history suggests that he will try to be extra physical and dole out illegal hits.

The Patriots skill position players better be on guard because he's likely going to try to injure one of them.

Then he would be seen as mentally incompetent by the state.

If he makes just one illegal hit on Sunday, he is done for the season.

Here is what he said two days ago:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...1-game-suspension-overturned-nfl-fined-100000

""I know there are going to be a lot of eyes on me from now on. And that's OK. I just have to be smart," Goldson said Wednesday. "I'm not trying to hurt my team and I'm definitely not trying to hurt myself with the way I play."

If anything, he should be extra careful on Sunday and that is a good thing for the Pats.

Last edited:
Re: Gholston Suspended for Pats game

Too bad we didn't get him the first time around. Could have been a difference maker for us. I guess we'll just have to turn to the draft or get lucky in a trade the same way we landed Talib.

Darren Sproles says Dashon Goldson was clearly intending to injure him when he delivered a helmet-to-helmet blow in Sunday’s game.

Darren Sproles: Dashon Goldson tried to hurt me | ProFootballTalk

As I said, the skill position guys better be ready because Goldson is going to try to injure them too. He's a dirtbag.

Are you aware that Harrison was voted the dirtiest player in the NFL by his peers while he was with us? *roll eyes* Guys always get mad when they get hit or hurt. That's natural but if Goldson was wearing Patriot colors, you'd be singing his praises.

Dobson's already had what looked to be contact issues. I think the last thing that kid needs right now is to get lit up before he feels NFL confident.

Dashon Goldson is 6'2" 200 and Aaron Dobson is 6'3" 210. The tale of the tape says this is a fair fight.

Sudfeld is 6'5" 240.

Goldson is a bully. It's time he got roughed up a little. Besides, the referees are going to have itchy fingers on their yellow flags on plays involving Goldson. When I've coached football or basketball I always put in plays to go right at guys known for foul or penalty trouble. I'm sure Josh and Bill will do the same thing.

When I saw Dobson at training camp, he more than held his own and made some acrobatic catches with safeties and corners draped all over him. If he roams in there looking for contact (and a flag on Goldson) it'll be okay.

Dashon Goldson is 6'2" 200 and Aaron Dobson is 6'3" 210. The tale of the tape says this is a fair fight.

Sudfeld is 6'5" 240.

Goldson is a bully. It's time he got roughed up a little. Besides, the referees are going to have itchy fingers on their yellow flags on plays involving Goldson. When I've coached football or basketball I always put in plays to go right at guys known for foul or penalty trouble. I'm sure Josh and Bill will do the same thing.

When I saw Dobson at training camp, he more than held his own and made some acrobatic catches with safeties and corners draped all over him. If he roams in there looking for contact (and a flag on Goldson) it'll be okay.

Yup. If something bad happens three games in a row, Goldson's career is at risk.

From the 9-18-2013 Tampa Bay Times:

Goldson said while he will continue to play aggressively, he has never tried to hurt another player.

"I’m an aggressive player, we all know that throughout the league,'' Goldson said. "My intention is never to go out here and hurt nobody. I try to keep my hits within the rules and that’s what I’m going to try to do week in and week out is make sure I get guys on the ground. At the same time, I’ve got to be careful. I’ve got to take my shots when they present themselves but clean. No launching of course, no hats on hats. Just make sure I get the guy on the ground and do it properly.''

Can somebody parse the highlighted sentence for me and tell me if Goldson intends to hurt people or not?

Doesn't that mean he always tries to hurt everybody?

Sudfeld is 6'5" 240.

More like 6'7" 255 (not quite buying the 260 the NFL says).

Can somebody parse the highlighted sentence for me and tell me if Goldson intends to hurt people or not?

Yeah but he ain't talk so good.

You're expecting the King's English from a football player?

Re: Gholston Suspended for Pats game

That's natural but if Goldson was wearing Patriot colors, you'd be singing his praises.
Actually, I wouldn't want a dirty player like Goldson on my squad.

I don't care how good he's perceived to be by the fanbase, the guy is a scumbag of the worse kind. I put him in the same category of Suh. Anyone who intentionally goes out to injure people should not be in league.

Very ironic hearing Saints players complaining about other teams intentionally trying to hurt them.

Hey, unlike Bucs, we did it for profit. The American way. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back