Welcome to PatsFans.com

Goldman Sachs is scum...They have basically co-opted the USA government

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jul 18, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

2. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think Congress should look into Goldman Sachs.

During the federal debate on TARP, Paulson (formerly of Goldman) invited Goldman's CEO Lloyd Blankfein to the discussion. No other CEO from the other investment banks were invited.

Question 1: Why was Blandfein invited in the first place? His firm was a potential beneficiary of the federal largesse.
    Question 2: If Blankfein was invited, why was the other Wall Street CEO not invited?

Congress should also look at the connection between AIG bailout and Goldman.

The US bailout of AIG was really a bailout of Goldman. When the Paulson approved the AIG balout, hundreds of millions went to Goldman thru the backdoor (via reinsurance arrangement).

It is amazing to me that Goldman recently posted Billions and will give bonus of millions $ to its employees. The boffo profit came from the elimination of Goldman's main competitors Lehman and Bears by Paulson.

I think Mark Kaiser hit it right on the nail. Goldman is giving out millions in bonuses at the expense of the American taxpayers.