Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gold To Drop

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Thanks to more of our money going to the IMF who plans to sell 400 tons of gold. House Passes Bill With "Global Bailout" Provision
    I was wrong: Gold’s going to crash at The Cody Word
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

It is literally impossible to know what will happen to anything because of government interference. No-one knows what the playing field will be. Like I've said, I would be starting to consider my next car but I have no clue - NO CLUE - what will change the playing field (like a large gas tax increase to encourage better mileage, for example) so I'm standing still like a lot of other people. If obama wanted to make money scared and standing still, he is doing a great job.
  3. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think you're exactly right. How do to make competent choices when the government is changing the rules - almost on a daily basis? I know some economists say that our economy is starting to recover. I just don't see it. People are hesitant to spend their money, small business owner are afraid to hire and expand, and investors are not sure where to park their money. And with major big government intervention into the financials, energy and health care on the way, it only makes things worse.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

When you dump hundreds of billions, to trillions, into an economy by way of stimulus, or bailouts, you're going to see a recovery of sorts. Send someone into you're troubled store with $1,000 to spend, and you're sales will go up. The unknown is, what happens to your sales, once that man's $1,000 is spent. I've been reading more people, like Roubini, who feel that we could hit another bump in the road next year, or that the recovery will be L shaped. Time will tell I guess.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

6. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Indeed, well said. As for the gold, supposedly it's "collapse" won't occur til 2010 so I'm not making any moves right now but regardless, I'm in gold for the long haul because I think gold is one of the few roller coaster rides I'd be willing to do but if you're in it for the short term then I don't know.

Cars, forget it. I had the displeasure of getting stuck behind a hybrid the other day on the highway and seriously, as things are now they are a menace. Once the majority of drivers have one it won't be so bad but right now it's like road rage aging and marinating.

No way am I buying one of those s*boxes right now; they'll have to cuff me and dress me in orange before I negotiate an interstate in one of those pathetic death traps, jmho of course ;)

This govt's out of control and if you actually listen to them you'll need Dramamine.