PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to the Steelers game

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianPat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Looking for advise for parking and tailgating.

Information like
Best time for arrival
Best parking lot to shoot for

Also, have standing room only tickets, any thoughts on best locations to watch game from ?

Thanks for your time and assistence

Information like
Best time for arrival

Also, have standing room only tickets, any thoughts on best locations to watch game from ?

I've only been the once, but my experience taught me that there is probably no way to avoid the traffic mess other than parking up in Foxborough the night before the game and being in the queue for the car parks when they open. For the Eagles game we got to within four miles of Gillette 2 1/2 hours before the game and into the car park about 70 minutes later.

There is good advice on the Patriots.com website regarding where to park; it seems to depend on which direction you are coming from.

Information like
Best time for arrival

Lots technically open 4 hours before game time but are usually open sooner. If you are not concerned about making a fast escape, stick with the stadium lots right in front (check the website for a parking diagram) as it is a quick walk to the gate. I live south of the stadium and usually stay in the right 2 lanes as I head up.

I shoot to arrive anywhere from 3-4 hours before game time but the Steelers will be a big game so I'd be in queue closer to the 4 hour mark.

Enjoy!

It's also not the worst idea in the world to hunt out some side-roads that meet Route 1 very close to the stadium, if done right, you can get very close to a parking lot without much traffic troubles.

Stadium lots for this game open at 12pm, satellite lots open earlier

Avoid lot P10 if at all possible (huge, limited exit lanes, unpaved sections)

The later you arrive, the less traffic there is (less tailgating time though)

Where are you coming from? If you're south north or east, I'd use Rt 140 to get to Rt 1 and avoid the 4 mile backup.

If you go in early, you can get a place in a premium viewing area. if not, go to the 300 section and view the game from the south EZ.

Feel free to join my tailgate. I should have 8 to 10 people this game. We hook up in Foxboro around 11:45 and carpool to the stadium. These days, it takes about an hour to go a mile on Rt 1 to reach the stadium lots (P7 is my lot of choice now). I bring a good-sized fire pit and keep the crowd warm pre & post game, and leave when they kick us out.

Thanks everyone for that great information, tailgater, I may just take you up on that !!

It's also not the worst idea in the world to hunt out some side-roads that meet Route 1 very close to the stadium, if done right, you can get very close to a parking lot without much traffic troubles.

They don't allow that sort of thing anymore. A shame really.

My advice - get there early and leave really late.

SRO's? Behind any handicapped section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing