PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to the Jets game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill B.

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I just started a new job about 3 weeks ago and today they informed me I was going to Meredith, New Hampshire, for training next week. I am scheduled to be there 3 weeks. I have lived in Southern California since 81 but have been a Patriots fan since 71. Used to see a lot of games when I lived back there.

The first thing I did was check into Pats tickets. If I am going to be in New England for this incredible season, then I had to make it to a game. I went to Stubhub and got a single seat in section 133, row 16. It cost me over $400, but it is worth it to me to be able to hopefully witness history.

It looks to be about a 3 hour drive to Foxborough from Meredith. I may consider staying in a motel the night before. Any suggestions on a good motel or hotel within a 20 mile radius of the stadium? Hope to see some of you there.

Stay up in the Quincy/Braintree area... it's along the way from Foxborough back to NH and there are better hotels and a better selection than there is immediately around the stadium. That's about 15-20 miles north of the stadium.

However, if I were you I'd drive past Boston and stay somewhere between Somerville and Wilmington so you can avoid the morning commute into Boston on Monday morning. Traffic north on 93 from that point on shouldn't be that bad in the morning... its sort of a reverse commute. You're looking at 30-40 miles outside of Foxboro in that case.

Stay up in the Quincy/Braintree area... it's along the way from Foxborough back to NH and there are better hotels and a better selection than there is immediately around the stadium. That's about 15-20 miles north of the stadium.

However, if I were you I'd drive past Boston and stay somewhere between Somerville and Wilmington so you can avoid the morning commute into Boston on Monday morning. Traffic north on 93 from that point on shouldn't be that bad in the morning... its sort of a reverse commute. You're looking at 30-40 miles outside of Foxboro in that case.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably be going back to New Hampshire after the game. I have to be back for training Monday morning. That's why I chose the Jets game. The Steeler game would have been kind of late since they moved it up to 4:15.

Don't forget to bring your rubber rat. :cool:
Have a funny feeling it'll be raining rats all over ManJudas when he walks on and off the field.

I'm going to Jets game too (Xmas present from my wife). I live in Tampa now and I haven't been back to Boston since I moved in 2003. I managed to get 2 tickets in the 200 level yesterday morning for face value through the Patriots ticketexchange (had to pay to get on the waiting list of course).

One hotel I was looking at is the Holiday Inn in Randolph. Its right off of 93 and not too long a ride to Foxboro. I stayed there once when I lived in Boston and it wasn't bad. Looks like its around $100 a night. There's also a 4 Points Sheraton in Norwood right on Route 1 that I stayed at once too that was pretty nice and is even closer.

Oh you're saying to stay in for the night before... I thought you meant Sunday night.

In that case, go with Quincy/Braintree. Or if you want to be real close and still stay in a decent place, go with the Holiday Inn Express on route 1 in Sharon... only about 2 miles from the stadium, and is right down the road from a Big Y supermarket, a walmart, and right across the street from a Bickfords (diner type place) and a liquor store/packie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back