PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to Sunday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackglass3

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my family came up from FL to NJ for Christmas and my wife and I are driving up to Foxboro for the game Sunday (and we even have pregame field passes...ahh the glory of the Patriots Extra Points card!). We're driving up Saturday and will be staying in Norwood, and was just looking for info on what would be some good local places to eat in the area. I'd drive up to an hour for a good meal if someone has a recommendation that high. Whenever we've gone to a game before we've driven up that day and just gone to the game then rushed back to NJ.

Thanks everyone!

Well if you are willing to drive up to an hour to eat then you pretty much can eat anything you want but if you are trying to stay local to Norwood there are plenty of great options. A cheap option with really great food is Texas Roadhouse which is in the Walpole Mall right on the Norwood line. Plenty of great options at Legacy place just up Rte 1 in Dedham everyone really likes the Yard House as it has over 100 beers on tap. Or you could head the other way on Rte 1 and head to Patriot Place which has a bunch of good eats too from Davio's to Skipjacks to CBS Scene (CBS'S answer to the ESPNZone retaraunts).

Also plenty of great options up and down Rte 1 that are not in malls like The Red Wing Diner which is near the stadium, Clydes Bar and grille, or Bon Caldo (Great Italian).

Oh and the pre game field pass is a blast and I would suggest you get in as early as they let you to take it all in. Nothing special to the experience other than what it says which is a chance to watch pre game warm ups from the field.

We have done it a couple times and enjoyed it thouroughly. Just a really close look at these guys as they get ready for the game. you will likely be put on the visitor side of the field but the endzone the Patriots warm up at and especially the LB and DB groups are mere feet away from you as they get ready for the game. bring a camera as you wont have a better photo op of them dressed then this.

I tried to let the players do their thing and not yell to much for their attention but I did a few times and they looked up and nodded or otherwise ackknowledged me. We did have a conversation with one of the refs and a quick back and forth with Pioli (it was one of the years he was rumored for a job elsewhere and we asked if he was going and he said no and true to his word he stuck around for a few more years).

Thanks for the info, signbabybrady! I'd like to check out The Red Wing Diner. When I travel (or even in Tampa) I like to support local establishments and restaurants, I feel like you get a lot better food and experience.

Also, has anyone gone to The Hall on gameday? My plan is to go Sunday when it opens around 10, then check that out and hang/eat lunch at Patriot Place until we go on the field. So if I park for The Hall, do I just stay parked where I am for the game or will I have to move lots or something?

Thanks for the info, signbabybrady! I'd like to check out The Red Wing Diner. When I travel (or even in Tampa) I like to support local establishments and restaurants, I feel like you get a lot better food and experience.

Also, has anyone gone to The Hall on gameday? My plan is to go Sunday when it opens around 10, then check that out and hang/eat lunch at Patriot Place until we go on the field. So if I park for The Hall, do I just stay parked where I am for the game or will I have to move lots or something?

Red Wing Diner is a good choice I usually get the fried clams there.

Someone else will have to help you out with your other questions as I am spoiled by Foxboro Resident parking and dont know the full ins and outs and given I have the choice I visit the hall on non-game days.

Here my best guess though - I think given your timeline you should be able to get into the hall and check things out before the crowds but I dont think the stadium parking opens until 4 hours before kick off so you will likely need to move your car if they let you park at all 2 hours prior to the lots opening for the game. They do leave parking for the mall but no idea how that exactly works. Basically I live close by and can check all these things out when the crowds are not 68,000 and I avoid rte 1 like the plague on game days so really I am just giving you my educated guess from things I have heard.

I thought the Hall was closed on game days.

I thought the Hall was closed on game days.

I think PJ may be right - they close the Hall on game days to do away with the parking dilemma you discuss. The Pro Shop is open, but I think it also closes during the game (open right before and right after). Parking lots open 4 hours before kick off for everyone, unless you are shopping at the mall there, but I think you have to have your ticket stamped and you are limited as to how long you can stay. They have to get their $50 after all! If you are going to eat at Patriots Place go early - I almost got shut out for the Texans game at Skipjacks (where normally I don't have much of a wait). Long lines elsewhere too. When the weather gets cold (and the game is later) more people opt for the restaurants vs. tailgating. Have a great time!!

I recall that the Hall is generally closed on game days, but apparently they are making an exception for Sunday's game:

Home | The Hall at Patriot Place

Regular hours

Monday - Friday 10 AM - 5 PM
Saturday 10 AM - 9 PM
Sunday 10 AM - 7 PM

Withthe the Dec. 30 game being flexed to 4:25 p.m. The Hall will open at 10 a.m. and remain open until kickoff.

508-698-4800

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey