PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to sound crazy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season people complained that we weren't winning any close games, that if the team underperformed a little it always ended up not being enough to pull off a W and all that. Now we win a close game, on the road, against a talented and desperate team, while not playing our best and people don't like the victory? This is just insane....

?????

Yes, Brown can be snapped up by another team, as has been the case since the day we waived him in the first place.

Mgteich, the difference is that, after yesterday's game, he's not as much a secret to the rest of the league anymore.

The dynamic is different now.

When Brown's FG clunked the right stick I was giving it fist pumps and hell yeahs. Was totally ecstatic at this young team pulling out a fantastic W on the road. After the game I tuned into the Pats Radio Network post game show and logged on to PatsFans. Wish I hadn't bothered. Too much whining and negativity for my tastes. Honestly think some people on here and in the media would have preferred us to lose to give them even more to complain about.

Last edited:
When Brown's FG clunked the right stick I was giving it fist pumps and hell yeahs. Was totally ecstatic at this young team pulling out a fantastic W on the road. After the game I tuned into the Pats Radio Network post game show and logged on to PatsFans. Wish I hadn't bothered. Too much whining and negativity for my tastes. Honestly think some people on here and in the media would have preferred us to lose to give them even more to complain about.

I'd have to agree with this fully ! :rocker:

Just wanted to know if anyone felt the same,,,,just didn't enjoy that win. I know it sounds crazy but that's exactly how I felt. Was it because we didn't take advantage of those turnovers in the first half ? Or was it that I knew it would come back later in the game and hurt us that we didn't finish them off in the first half. The Patriots can lose and I still can say what a great game that was,,,,but yesterday it just didn't reach the level of last week's game. Great defense but rest average. Some weird play calls on Offense ! Still I predicted a 10-6 season and that is on track and playoffs guaranteed with that . Tommy on tv looked really frustrated and not comfortable at all thanks to Light . I know we beat a really good team and shouldn't be saying this but I didn't enjoy it. Call me stupid, crazy but really would appreciate if any friend felt the same. Many thanks and take care. Abdul

Did the team play well? Not particularity. They won because they made fewer mistakes. Simple in my view.

Go back and watch the 2003 season. Every game was a grind and for the most part ugly.

It's still early and there is a ton of improvement to be made, but I have zero problem with ugly road victories.

Last edited:
Bottom line is that they won. If they continue to do this for several more games in a row then there is cause for concern.

If they win several more games in a row it will be a cause for celebration, not concern.

Did the team play well? Not particularity. They won because they made fewer mistakes. Simple in my view.

Go back and watch the 2003 season. Every game was a grind and for the most part ugly.

It's still early and there is a ton of improvement to be made, but I have zero problem with ugly road victories.

... The team also won three Super Bowls by a combined total of nine points. The trophies were all the same size as any other winners'.

Yesterday was the first time in a long time where we won and the emotion that came over me was relief instead of happyness. If we had continued what we were doing through the first three quarters into the fourth quarter, I would have been overjoyed with this win. Instead, the defense had a mini-meltdown and we came within a chin hair of allowing a team to have a 20 point comeback at our expense. Am I glad the team is at 5-1? Yes. Am I happy with the way they won yesterday? No. There are a ton of things that can be improved upon, and you can believe that Belichick will make a point of that this week.

... The team also won three Super Bowls by a combined total of nine points. The trophies were all the same size as any other winners'.

Yep. I'd also point to the fact that SD is a pretty talented, very athletic team and regardless of how undisciplined or poorly-coached they are, they'll make plays and get to the football- no matter what.

In addition historically, SD has always played the Pats tough. 2006 Div, 2007 AFCCC, 2008 loss on the road, 2005 at home...

I have to humbly admit I was not as stoked from this win as usual. I was watching the game with some (non patriot) friends. And I was getting anxious in the 4th Qt. There was a little less than 8 mins. on the clock. My buddies said "dont worry, your 2 scores ahead". I said "well, they dont seem to be playing with a sense of urgency". Sure enough SD came back and almost tied us. I'm thrilled with the win, but it was rough in the end. And, I do understand the tough previous game,on the road, short wk and inexperience. I think someone who takes these games personal and with a little criticism does not not make them a "non fan".

Last edited:
The team finds some way to win and guess what with a developing team we are 5-1 and atop the league. You'll have to look elsewhere in the NFL for those flashy teams.

Winning the ultimate game, however you manage to do it, is what matters. Just winning a regular season game, on the other hand, is not the end all and be all.

The last 2 wins were not pretty, but the one thing I like about them is the resilience that we really haven't seen recently. Yesterday we had let a 17 point lead slip to 3 in a matter of minutes, then hand Phillip Rivers the ball on the 50 yard line. How do we respond in crunchtime? The team doesn't fold like a cheap tent the way it has in recent years, they step it up and make a stop on defense.

Last week we were down 10 after an awful pick by Brady and Flacco TD. Once again, we stepped up and made the plays we needed to. How many times did our defense have to stop the Ravens offense in 4th Q/OT and they made every stop. And when was the last time we came back from a 2nd half double digit deficit vs. an elite team? (Buffalo obviously doesn't fall in that category)

This is the resilience that we didn't see anything of in the 2009 team, meaning the team (especially the defense) is headed in the right direction.

You've got it totally wrong. Statistics clearly show that going for it wins a lot more than punting. The fact the BJGE chose not to cut it back inside where these was a huge hole - he could have easily run uncontested to the first down and probably picked up 4-5 more yards - shouldn't change your mind.

Totally agree with you here. Keeping the front 5 about 5 yards back (at the 45) instead of near the 40 was stupid in that situation. I expect more from BB; that was a clear coaching mistake.

Dude..not sure where you saw any hole there for BJGE on that 4th and 1 play. Seen almost every angle and almost the entire chargers D was on him almost immediately..OL once again did jack sh*t on that play..BJGE had no chance.

Last season people complained that we weren't winning any close games, that if the team underperformed a little it always ended up not being enough to pull off a W and all that. Now we win a close game, on the road, against a talented and desperate team, while not playing our best and people don't like the victory? This is just insane....

Everyone likes the W! And winning a close game away, OUT WEST, is also good!

But at least for me I saw a game where SD did more to lose then we did to win...

In the end... yes!!! find a way to win a close game is a good thing...

But relying on the other team to make mistakes and lose the game for themselves is not such a good thing.

what's with all the flies in here?...

fliege_03.gif
fliege_03.gif
fliege_03.gif
fliege_03.gif
fliege_03.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back