PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to Quebec City for the weekend. Anyone know of a bar there that will show the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
My hubby and I are taking a long weekend in Quebec City. Does anyone know of a sports bar there that will show the Pats and/or American football? Or, can you tell me (the technically challenged one) how to live stream the game?

Lastly, if you know any good places to eat or visit there, let me know! Thanks all.

Quebecers are football fans. CTV (Canadian Television Network), Atlantic carries all the Pats games. I'm sure if you asked the bar staff to tune it to CTV Atlantic, they would. (of course you might have to ask in French)

If your staying at a hotel, I'd ask them when you check in and they should be able to suggest a few places to go.

Quebecers are football fans. CTV (Canadian Television Network), Atlantic carries all the Pats games. I'm sure if you asked the bar staff to tune it to CTV Atlantic, they would. (of course you might have to ask in French)

And along those lines, you might refer to them as "Quebecois" if you want them to be friendlier.

that place is lovely...a little too cold around this time of year so maybe not so many Northeastern folks there at the moment, but you might still find a handful, so I expect the game will be on, and you'll find some pats fans to watch it with

stroll down the main brick road, it has bars/restaurants on either side and you can see if the game is on easy enough if all else fails

While they dont have a lot of reviews and Im not sure where you are staying, here are the 10 best sports bars in Quebec city from Yelp. Hope it helps. I would just have to assume if you consider yourself a sports bar you should be a ble to catch the game.

The Best 10 Sports Bars in Quebec City, QC, Canada

Thanks to all who replied. I will definitely implement some of these suggestions!

My hubby and I are taking a long weekend in Quebec City. Does anyone know of a sports bar there that will show the Pats and/or American football? Or, can you tell me (the technically challenged one) how to live stream the game?

Lastly, if you know any good places to eat or visit there, let me know! Thanks all.

Luckily from you, I am from Quebec City :)

Things to see for sure: Vieux-Québec (Old Town) and Plains of Abraham. These two things are the most important things to see.

You should take a look at that link: 8 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Lower Town, Quebec City | PlanetWare

The funéculaire is underwhelming to me, but many people like it.

I would also go see the Université Laval campus. Not as cool looking as Harvard, but it has a good vibe. Nice little campus.

Rue Maguire has nice restaurants and a few nice shops. Same for Rue Cartier in the Upper Town, Rue St-Jean in Old Town and Rue St-Joseph in Lower Town.

Galerie de la Capitale (Les Galeries de la Capitale) or Place Laurier (Laurier Québec | Shopping Mall in Québec City) are musts if you like shopping.

If you would like to buy Quebec-brewed beers, go to Le Monde des Bières on Marie-de-L'Incarnation Street (ACCUEIL - Le monde des bières). You can't drink there.

If you have time, you HAVE to take a drive to Ile d'Orléans and try the Ile d'Orléans Microbrewery (www.microorleans.com/). One of the numerous L'Archibald (http://www.archibaldmicrobrasserie.ca/contenu/index.php/en/) are also cool.

As for the Pats game, well, any "La Cage Brasserie Sportive" (we have 2 or 3) will have it if you ask for it. I wouldn't recommend that place though. Expensive and bad food. Le Galway on Cartier Street might be an option. You would have to ask for the game and they will put it on unless there is a Habs/Impact game at the same time. I don't know if any specific Pats fan bars though. We have a lot of Pats fans here, but I don't know a meeting point.

Hope it helps.

We have all the Patriots games on TV indeed. On CBS even (we get Burlington WCTV). Quebec City has a lot of Pats fans and we definitely love our football.

I've spent a lot of time in Quebec City from a young kid going to hockey school at Laval University in the summer to visiting relatives up in Chicoutimi. You won't have to look too hard to find the game and if you are only there for the weekend, take in as much of the old city as you can, while trying to avoid driving if possible. If you are staying in the old city, chances are you'll be parking in the city garage(don't have any cartop carriers if you do, not much clearance). From the lower city(Petite Champlain) all the way up to the Chateau Frontenac and just beyond the gates. There is more than enough to see and excellent restaurants to eat at everywhere. If you want to see some really cool waterfalls, 15 minutes north of the city heading toward the Isle d'Orleans is Morency Falls Parc de la Chute-Montmorency - Tourist Resorts - Sépaqand just before entering Quebec City limits is park Chutes de la Chaudiere (Levis / near Quebec City, Quebec, Canada)next to a huge hydro dam on the Chaudiere with a suspended bridge and more cool waterfalls. Enjoy. I love that place.

Last edited:
The funéculaire is underwhelming to me, but many people like it.

If you have time, you HAVE to take a drive to Ile d'Orléans and try the Ile d'Orléans Microbrewery (www.microorleans.com/). One of the numerous L'Archibald (http://www.archibaldmicrobrasserie.ca/contenu/index.php/en/) are also cool.

I have never ridden the Funeculaire because it does seem very underwhelming and thanks for the tip about the microbrewery on the Isle d'Orleans. I will be stopping there on my next visit in the spring!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes