Welcome to PatsFans.com

Going to Miami for the SB

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by kmac14, Dec 27, 2006.

1. kmac14

kmac14 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Longtime Pats fan going to Miami for SBXLI and staying at the Airport Sheraton in Fort Lauderdale. Has anyone that has been to a game in Miami have any advice about either driving to the game, arranging a pick up/drop off, or taking public transportation it would be much appreciated.

2. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I went to the Fins game a couple of weeks ago - from the Ft Lauderdale airport, Dolphin stadium was about a 20 minute ride - I can't predict what traffic could be like for the SB though. They have huge cash lots (again, at least for the regular season) so parking won't be a problem. Getting in and out was pretty easy.

As far as pickups/drop offs go or public transportation, I'm sure the Dolphin Stadium website will have some info.

From Ft Lauderdale, South Beach is an easy 35-40 minute ride from 95 south to 395. If the Pats are playing you'll see tons of fans along Ocean Blvd. Clevelander (on 11th & Ocean) was like a Patriots pep rally the Saturday before.

Hope you have a good time whether the Pats make it or not. The weather is nice and sunny and windy this time of year.