PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going for 14-0- should we be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If u cant beat the lousy bills at home by 2 tds then this team is head for a 9-7 season.

We beat an equally lousy Bills team by 1 point last year at home and went 10-6. Just sayin....

Last edited:
Re: Going for 14-0- shoud we be worried?

There are so many things wrong with this post that I don't even know where to start.

Yea,its a division battle but the point remains the Bills are probably going to the worst team in the league and this is a Pats home game which after looking at the schedule is by far the easiest matchup the Pats have on the entire schedule...home or away.

If they don't win this one in hand they won't win a game in hand all year - thats my point

Yes,on any given sunday you might say but even the most average defense should be able to hold Fitz,Evans,Jackson and Company to decent low numbers.

Turnovers IMO seem to be the only way this game remains in question going into the 4th quarter.

People say I am too pessimistic,well in this game I reverse those theories and lay the 13 1/2 points

If I am wrong and the Bills put 20 or more on this defense or our offense fails to score more than a TD or two,then well we could be in for an ugly winter.

Last edited:
We should not be worried. We have a playoff team playing the worst team in the nfl.

The TEAM should always be worried, playing one game at a time, and playing to maximize the probability of that win by putting up additional points early.

This thread belongs in the practice forum, it is not good.

This thread belongs in the practice forum, it is not good.

Yes, I can see your point.

It's talking about the game that's coming up this Sunday. It's bringing up the recent history between the two teams that are playing this Sunday. It is pointing out that for several reasons the game this Sunday may not be the cake walk that many believe it will be.

It is certainly not up to the standards of the threads that have been posted here this week.:eek:

Yea,its a division battle but the point remains the Bills are probably going to the worst team in the league and this is a Pats home game which after looking at the schedule is by far the easiest matchup the Pats have on the entire schedule...home or away.

If they don't win this one in hand they won't win a game in hand all year - thats my point

Yes,on any given sunday you might say but even the most average defense should be able to hold Fitz,Evans,Jackson and Company to decent low numbers.

Turnovers IMO seem to be the only way this game remains in question going into the 4th quarter.

People say I am too pessimistic,well in this game I reverse those theories and lay the 13 1/2 points

If I am wrong and the Bills put 20 or more on this defense or our offense fails to score more than a TD or two,then well we could be in for an ugly winter.

The Bills have sucked for the better part of a decade, and they usually play us pretty close. They also have a new coach, so that's a variable that we have to account for. It took two fantastic Brady/Watson plays and a McKelvin mental collapse in the fourth quarter last season, and we just came off a week of making the Jets' anemic passing game look competent.

The Bills have a talented young secondary (very underrated), and if they emulate the Jets' second-half strategy from last week and drop 8 consistently we'll have to beat them on the ground. I'm not really looking forward to Spiller/Lynch/Jackson coming after our run D, either. Their o-line is a liability, but if the Pats can't capitalize on it then this could be a game that's played primarily on the ground on both sides; sounds like a recipe for something like a 17-10 Patriots win to me, and that wouldn't make the Pats a terrible team or anything.

Last edited:

The Bills have sucked for the better part of a decade, and they usually play u pretty close. It took two fantastic Brady/Watson plays and a McKelvin mental collapse in the fourth quarter last season, and we just came off a week of making the Jets' anemic passing game look competent.

The Bills have a talented young secondary (very underrated), and if they emulate the Jets' second-half strategy from last week (drop 8 consistently) we'll have to beat them on the ground. I'm not really looking forward to Spiller/Lynch/Jackson coming after our run D, either. Their o-line is a liability, but if the Pats can't capitalize on it then this could be a game that's played primarily on the ground on both sides; definitely not a recipe for a blowout.

It's really simple: Brady needs to make better throws, more consistently, than he did last week. Buffalo's defense is the main reason why I think this game is going to be closer than people give it credit for. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, of course.

Not too worried about Sunday. But if we DO manage to drop to 1-2 on the season, then there will be sheer panic in the streets.

We'll be fine as long as Bill has been reading the threads this past week. :rolleyes:

We'll be fine as long as Bill has been reading the threads this past week. :rolleyes:

I heard O'Brien has been working on a telekinesis scheme as a halftime adjustment. With this scheme, he can safely guide Brady's errant throws into his receivers' hands. He's clearly been reading the posts here this past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots