2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Does God Plan our lives?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Sometimes such as life changing decisions.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Lot's of athletes talk about God's plan ...

Do you believe in God's plan ... does God decide our lives?

Are people rewarded for speaking positively about God in public?

Not a thread seeking proof as IMO proof is not possible ...
More about faith and feeling or not feeling God leading one's path of life.
I really believe people when they say they feel this.
I am fairly sure I have never felt it though I could be wrong because I do not know what feeling it is.

"Are people rewarded for speaking positively about God in public?"

Yes. We reward those liars daily. Strange that we have laws and prosecute those who scam people but for religious scammers, we offer tax exempt status.

This speak to you other post as to how so many can be so stupid. Here is an example of non-believers in secular systems deciding to screw themselves.

Not just believers are gullible and have poor morals and a poor sense of justice.

Regards
DL

"Are people rewarded for speaking positively about God in public?"

Yes. We reward those liars daily. Strange that we have laws and prosecute those who scam people but for religious scammers, we offer tax exempt status.

This speak to you other post as to how so many can be so stupid. Here is an example of non-believers in secular systems deciding to screw themselves.

Not just believers are gullible and have poor morals and a poor sense of justice.

Regards
DL

People have the power to believe as they wish and God resides in their hearts and minds where your kind cannot penetrate but in extreme rare instances. A peonic scribe like you could not penetrate the mind of a flea. This is what makes God so great ... he operates outside of your superficial realm.

I think "he" is in some part "we," but you've seen me go on about this here before. I think we're all to one degree or another capable of communing with "the whole ball of wax..."

I thank God, this disembodied entity outside of myself, for various things that have gone well in my life... perhaps my recognition of the lack of my own ultimate control of all things. Taking only the known consciousnesses -- and only the human ones -- who take part in God, I suppose I'm thanking myself, in some very small part, especially where I've done the wrong things and made it through (for example, when younger driving when I should not have,) or where I've had no control (for example, that I came down the chute in the richest and most powerful country on this planet at this time).

An athlete thanking God that he made a play is a similar case: this is an important place. There is a chance that I will catch the ball, at the extreme length of my ability. There is a chance that I will fail. I have experienced both regardless of my best efforts in each case -- therefore I acknowledge with humility that chance has gone my way.

That's the impulse I think - and the vocabulary involves pointing to the sky or dropping to one knee and striking a prayer-pose.

I think it's absolutely valid. However, it raises the question of what God had against us on a particular day in early 2008. What did he have against Asante Samuel when he should have caught that interception? What did he have against our linebackers when they had Eli in the grasp, but the Lord in his divine wisdom hid it from the refs' eyes? Why did the Almighty allow David Tyree to helmet-catch the last nail in the coffin?

Eh well. Time for prayers.

:)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes