PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goddell and Mangini.....Random Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet more people could give a care. If the players are against it, why is the player's union defending them???

The Player's Union has been pretty quite on most suspension this past year, but the Player's Union MUST defend a player who is suspended if the player asks them to do so. It is part of their charter.

I bet more people could give a care. If the players are against it, why is the player's union defending them???

You just chastised a post about generalizations. . . . . . .WOW. Keep trying and you MIGHT get your GED.

Do you realize it is 2007?????? Look up the word genocide you peon.

Which started because people were starving... I'm almost done arguing with you. It's like trying to get first place in the special olympics.

Hahahhahahahhaa

Players aren't a product, ticket sales are. Seriously, I'm a little bit drunk but that's about the dumbest assessment I've ever seen.

The players are the product. You take away the players, people aren't buying the tickets. What the league puts on the field including the players are the products. Ticket sales is just one of the method that people purchase the product.

Hahahhahahahhaa

Players aren't a product, ticket sales are. Seriously, I'm a little bit drunk but that's about the dumbest assessment I've ever seen.

You are about as smart as a bag of wet saw dust. A little bit drunk? Like a .0698? Lindsey Lohan would be proud. . . . . . .

Last edited:
The players are the product. You take away the players, people aren't buying the tickets. What the league puts on the field including the players are the products. Ticket sales is just one of the method that people purchase the product.

How he doesn't realize that is making me dumb.

Neither of you clearly understand the word 'product'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_(business)

In commerce, a product is a good economics and accounting good or service which can be bought and sold

Tickets are bought and sold.

Goodnight.

So if there were no players on the field, they would still have tickets as the product, right? That'd be some ticket (product). I am sure everyone buys that product and would be happy as heck to just sit in the stadium and watch the grass grow. The ticket allows you access to the product. Peon. Wiki that. . . . . .

EDIT: Read the "Structure of a product" entry on your beloved Wiki link.. . . . . . .

Last edited:
I'm dilusional because I don't agree with your opinion? Who is being the dictator now?

Many people feel that many players were out of control and something needed to be done. Goodell is doing something. It is your right not to agree with what he is doing, but he is getting high marks all over the league.

players were out of control in 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and will be the next decade and after that and after that. IT IS A Sport that 20 something Millionaire kids play. Let's see from the days of Paul Hornung to today. All kinds of cheating has been going on, be it steroids,

What I am saying he needs to stop the santimonious BS. He is not the messiah that will deliver the league some kind of holy grail. Rozelle accepted the fact he had players that brought a good cop - bad cop angle. That is why the league flourished. You think Rozelle did not know LT was drgging it up ? or the Raiders and Steelers were on Roids ? When you run a BUSINESS, many things are pushed under the rug. They are running a BUSINESS, not a CONVENT

RG wants to Transform every NFL team into bunch od do goddies, that will not happen since you have 2000 players hailing from various scio economic and cultural backgrounds, and if he tries to force feed it to happen, that is the day NFL starts it death spiral just like the NBA. You don't think NBA commish overlooked transgressions of Magic, Jordan Rules, Bird, Barkley, Thomas and Bad Boyz et al. What is the NBA today ? 90% of the avg sports fans could not even tell you the starting forwards for Lakers, Celtics. Then, when he implemented post Jordon rules, you have the NBA product of today - NOBODY cares.

Look at NHL same thing - gone are the days of Big Bad Bruins vs Broad St Bullies. What is the NHL of today ? Nothing but a 9th rated sport in America., and the downfall came in less than 2 decades

As they say, don't kill the teams or characters that make your league. Fashion police, post touchdown police, video police, moral committe, rules comittee........rules rules, give me a break. It's a friggin sport. If a moron wants to kill dogs, or drive drunk, or rape someone let the law deal with him. If the act happens on the playing field then you have the right to punish

Neither of you clearly understand the word 'product'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_(business)

In commerce, a product is a good economics and accounting good or service which can be bought and sold

Tickets are bought and sold.

Goodnight.

From your own link:

In marketing, a product is anything that can be offered to a market that might satisfy a want or need.

That describes a football game which a player is part of and in turn is part of the product.

players were out of control in 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and will be the next decade and after that and after that. IT IS A Sport that 20 something Millionaire kids play. Let's see from the days of Paul Hornung to today. All kinds of cheating has been going on, be it steroids,

What I am saying he needs to stop the santimonious BS. He is not the messiah that will deliver the league some kind of holy grail. Rozelle accepted the fact he had players that brought a good cop - bad cop angle. That is why the league flourished. You think Rozelle did not know LT was drgging it up ? or the Raiders and Steelers were on Roids ? When you run a BUSINESS, many things are pushed under the rug. They are running a BUSINESS, not a CONVENT

RG wants to Transform every NFL team into bunch od do goddies, that will not happen since you have 2000 players hailing from various scio economic and cultural backgrounds, and if he tries to force feed it to happen, that is the day NFL starts it death spiral just like the NBA. You don't think NBA commish overlooked transgressions of Magic, Jordan Rules, Bird, Barkley, Thomas and Bad Boyz et al. What is the NBA today ? 90% of the avg sports fans could not even tell you the starting forwards for Lakers, Celtics. Then, when he implemented post Jordon rules, you have the NBA product of today - NOBODY cares.

Look at NHL same thing - gone are the days of Big Bad Bruins vs Broad St Bullies. What is the NHL of today ? Nothing but a 9th rated sport in America., and the downfall came in less than 2 decades

As they say, don't kill the teams or characters that make your league. Fashion police, post touchdown police, video police, moral committe, rules comittee........rules rules, give me a break. It's a friggin sport. If a moron wants to kill dogs, or drive drunk, or rape someone let the law deal with him. If the act happens on the playing field then you have the right to punish

If the players don't like it, they can call Vince McMahon and rekindle the XFL. Nobody is forcing them to play in the NFL, under the NFL rules/conduct policies. Nobody is forcing them to have the opportunity to earn millions of dollars. The caveat is act like a man. Be responsible for your actions. LT would disagree with you. BTW, how did the XFL work out? You sound like a f'ing WWE fan, not a football fan.

BTW-- you are making generalizations again. I can clearly see why you have no issue with detrimental conduct. You my friend, are a hypocrite. Stand by your words. Look up the word ethics in the dictionary.

Last edited:
So you are essentially anti-progress? Do you think they should wear leather helmets still? Your point is ABSOLUTELY MOOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you really this dumb, or just trying to be a jerk?

What are you talking about leather helmets? What has leather helmets to do with comparing the abilities of the current and previous commissioner?

There are a number of players who played under Tags that would have been suspended for life by Goodall.

Moot? Do you even know what the word means?

Ethiopia:

People in Darfur and Ethiopia are not dying of hunger...your post is about as rational as a Speedo on a ski slope.

http://library.thinkquest.org/05aug/01259/

Ethiopia is particularly plagued by droughts and a large portion of the population is considerably affected by starvation and malnutrition. 47% of Ethiopian children five years of age or younger are moderately to severely underweight, and 52% suffer from stunted growth. Although there has been moderate improvement in infant mortality rates and a general reduction in deaths due to preventable disease, the average life expectancy in Ethiopia as of 2003 was only 46 years.

http://nazret.com/blog/index.php?title=aid_agency_warns_of_possible_starvation_&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Darfur:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/africa/08/10/darfur.children/index.html

http://darfurdaily.blogspot.com/2007_05_13_archive.html

http://www.marinmagazine.com/Marin-Magazine/April-2007/Dafur-Dignity-Amid-the-Madness/

The result has been what the U.N. has labeled the world’s largest present-day humanitarian crisis. For four years, the Sudanese government and the Janjaweed militia have used rape, forced relocation, organized starvation and mass murder to kill more than 400,000 people and displace 2.5 million others. Thousands continue to die each month from violence and disease.

Are you really this dumb, or just trying to be a jerk?

What are you talking about leather helmets? What has leather helmets to do with comparing the abilities of the current and previous commissioner?

There are a number of players who played under Tags that would have been suspended for life by Goodall.

Moot? Do you even know what the word means?

Do you know what the word moot means? It wasn't in reference to the commissioner, current or past. Thank you.

Suspended for life by Goodall?? What are you talking about? What are you basing this on? Please elaborate. I'm interested to know.........

Thanks for the links. You have just ratified my point that the crisis' in both places is not lack of food. They are Genocides. Look up the term, then get back to me once you have learned about the Armenians, and countless other ethnic groups that have been slaughtered.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links. You have just ratified my point that the crisis' in both places is not lack of food. They are Genocides. Look up the term, then get back to me once you have learned about the Armenians, and countless other ethnic groups that have been slaughtered.

I am done with the topic. Thanks.

You were wrong. No need to thank me.

If the players don't like it, they can call Vince McMahon and rekindle the XFL. Nobody is forcing them to play in the NFL, under the NFL rules/conduct policies. Nobody is forcing them to have the opportunity to earn millions of dollars. The caveat is act like a man. Be responsible for your actions. LT would disagree with you. BTW, how did the XFL work out? You sound like a f'ing WWE fan, not a football fan.

BTW-- you are making generalizations again. I can clearly see why you have no issue with detrimental conduct. You my friend, are a hypocrite. Stand by your words. Look up the word ethics in the dictionary.

haha. you have a myopic view of the world. What is act like a man ? Is that a formula some kid from the ghetto should know when the colleges use him to their advantage ? Help me understand what is detrimental conduct. Is drunk driving detrimental to NFL ? Is having kid from wedlock detrimental to NFL, is someone who has mental problems and acts crazy (Steelers Lineman, Raiders Lineman) is their behavior detrimental to NFL ? If Brady was to father 8 illegit kids from other NFL players wives, is that detrimental to NFL in loss of revenue ? How does what Vick, Henry, Tank johnson do detrimental to NFL. What Rodney and Merriman have done I see being setrimental to NFL. Is BB having affairs detrimental to NFL....well it should be according to the policy.

If the sanctimonious Goddell really wants to make a chamge in the behavior of the new age athletes, then goto the ghettos and start there, make it happen at the college level, and then up the ranks of NFL. Stop acting as if he is the man who decides right from wrong for all. If the players want to screw their careers by acting like idiots off the playing field, that's their business.

His predecessors did not want to touch that, why, because it is a BUSINESS you moron. They were not, are not, and will not be the Moral police of America. Do you even know the meaning of word business ? You're one of those characters cut out of the mold of Jerry Falwell and Limbaugh.

haha. you have a myopic view of the world. What is act like a man ? Is that a formula some kid from the ghetto should know when the colleges use him to their advantage ? Help me understand what is detrimental conduct. Is drunk driving detrimental to NFL ? Is having kid from wedlock detrimental to NFL, is someone who has mental problems and acts crazy (Steelers Lineman, Raiders Lineman) is their behavior detrimental to NFL ? If Brady was to father 8 illegit kids from other NFL players wives, is that detrimental to NFL in loss of revenue ? How does what Vick, Henry, Tank johnson do detrimental to NFL. What Rodney and Merriman have done I see being setrimental to NFL. Is BB having affairs detrimental to NFL....well it should be according to the policy.

If the sanctimonious Goddell really wants to make a chamge in the behavior of the new age athletes, then goto the ghettos and start there, make it happen at the college level, and then up the ranks of NFL. Stop acting as if he is the man who decides right from wrong for all. If the players want to screw their careers by acting like idiots off the playing field, that's their business.

His predecessors did not want to touch that, why, because it is a BUSINESS you moron. They were not, are not, and will not be the Moral police of America. Do you even know the meaning of word business ? You're one of those characters cut out of the mold of Jerry Falwell and Limbaugh.

I can't continue this discussion without berating you in a way that would be unfit and immature of me. But, I will say that you and I are far from sharing any opinion on the matter.

I'm sorry, even after this ruling I still think Goodell has done a very good job as commissioner. He is trying to lay down the law in the NFL.
What that some ways of cheating are OK...others are not??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back